• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to order the Away before the $200 offer expired. It just came today. I am eh so far. They actually seem a little cheapy feeling to me. Also the checked bag has some kind of weird plastic thing glued to the inside of the lining. I don’t know if something fell apart or what the heck it is. You can’t really unzip the lining because the zipper doesn’t have a pull. But I managed to get it down a little way to try to take a pic. I am guessing this thing clunking around should not be there?? It is hard to see from pic. View attachment 651241View attachment 651242

I figured it out. It is defective. That is a plastic piece that should be glued to the bottom (wheel end). Quality control is not great. I will have to figure out how to return it after my trip this week because it is really glued on the lining, no way I am getting that off and in the correct place. I am glad I wasn't planning on using this piece this week.

Looking for advice please. I'm 4/24 and hoping to apply for another Chase biz card, but I opened one recently. This are my 2021/2022 stats:

ChaseSapphire PreferredPersonal
4/16/2021​
ChaseInk UnlimitedBusiness
1/28/2022​

On the CIU, I didn't get instant approval- took about 48 hours and only a $3k CL. I'm in need of an MSR- too soon for Chase? What do you all think? I MIGHT go for the Venture X before it expires on 3/13, so I'd want to app for the Chase biz before I go to 5/24.

I'm planning on the Desert Botanical Garden. They have a Chihuly exhibit right now. TA says good time to go is near sunset.

He's from here, there's several places I could go free or paid to see his stuff if I liked it :) But I do get the appeal.

Looking for advice please. I'm 4/24 and hoping to apply for another Chase biz card, but I opened one recently. This are my 2021/2022 stats:

ChaseSapphire PreferredPersonal
4/16/2021​
ChaseInk UnlimitedBusiness
1/28/2022​

On the CIU, I didn't get instant approval- took about 48 hours and only a $3k CL. I'm in need of an MSR- too soon for Chase? What do you all think? I MIGHT go for the Venture X before it expires on 3/13, so I'd want to app for the Chase biz before I go to 5/24.
It’s less than the usual recommended 3 months between applications but you haven’t had many chase applications in the last year…it maybe worth trying…but look at your overall chase credit limit across all cards to see if it’s under 50% of income or aprox $75,000

I figured it out. It is defective. That is a plastic piece that should be glued to the bottom (wheel end). Quality control is not great. I will have to figure out how to return it after my trip this week because it is really glued on the lining, no way I am getting that off and in the correct place. I am glad I wasn't planning on using this piece this week.
Sorry you had this experience. If you don't mind, please give an update on your return/exchange process. I read some horror stories about returns after ordering. I was a skeptical Away purchaser and mine are supposed to arrive tomorrow. Your experience makes me even more skeptical. I strongly suspect my years with my trusty Briggs & Riley will have jaded me to any lesser quality.

Trying to finalize our Hawaii plans, be there late June. Going to Maui (staying at Wailea Beach Resort).
My plan is to try to get Haleakalā Sunrise tickets for our first full day. On day 2 I have us driving the Road to Hana, for those of you that have been recently, is it worth it? What time should we head leave the resort? Any good blog articles? What should we pack?
I can't recommend the Shaka App enough and I would recommend getting the bundle which includes the narrated guide to Haleakala, Road to Hana and West Maui Coastline tour. I think it's about $30 for the bundle and absolutely well worth it. It will recommend start times for each tour. For Road to Hana, it gps tracks you as you move along and tells you about the upcoming stops and where to pull over and park, which is priceless. It says start time is 8am in Paia Town, so if you map from Wailea to Paia Town, that'll give you your start time. The bundle also has the Road to Hana in a loop or doing the road in reverse, if of interest.

I would pack drinks, substantial snacks, swimsuits and tennis shoes. If anyone gets motion sick, I'd pack meds for that. It's something like 600+ turns (many hairpin) and many one-way bridges.

We haven't done it recently but did it Spring Break last year. We enjoyed it for sure, but were super casual about it and called it early when our kids were restless from being in the car. I think the blogs are from one extreme to another- either they were hanging from a cliffside or overly amorous about the whole experience. We also saw a very large family who did it with a tour guide and he brought a lot of energy to the waterfall/swimming hole we were at; he had them jumping from the top of the waterfall and doing rope swings. Another option to consider.

Any ideas why the Hyatt Place Tempe/Phoenix Airport would let me book a Thurs/Fri on points but not just the Fri? I called and the lady and her manager tried to make it work. He only suggestion was to call the hotel and I don't know that they would do anything. I want to use my FNC for one night and points for the other. It expires in May and I have 0 use for it outside this trip. Is it worth calling the hotel directly to see what they can do?

It's also totally my fault that I leave next Thursday and just now looked at reviews for the HP Phx North I did book and it has terrible reviews. But I also didn't think I needed to actually read reviews for a hyatt, but dirty rooms and pot smelling rooms with no response from the property on any comments makes me not want to stay there.

I could pick somewhere else, but this is an even swap of points. I also don't want to pay parking downtown, I'm not globalist.

Any ideas why the Hyatt Place Tempe/Phoenix Airport would let me book a Thurs/Fri on points but not just the Fri? I called and the lady and her manager tried to make it work. He only suggestion was to call the hotel and I don't know that they would do anything. I want to use my FNC for one night and points for the other. It expires in May and I have 0 use for it outside this trip. Is it worth calling the hotel directly to see what they can do?

It's also totally my fault that I leave next Thursday and just now looked at reviews for the HP Phx North I did book and it has terrible reviews. But I also didn't think I needed to actually read reviews for a hyatt, but dirty rooms and pot smelling rooms with no response from the property on any comments makes me not want to stay there.

I could pick somewhere else, but this is an even swap of points. I also don't want to pay parking downtown, I'm not globalist.

Sounds like there's a 2 night minimum. You should be able to use Pay My Way to do it (look for the button under the cash rates).

How disappointing that calling Hyatt didn't work. The Twitter team was able to book something with a 2 night min for me with 1 FNC in my account and 1 in DH's (interestingly they did it by making them have the same confirmation number). I'll eventually have to call to gift the FNC to DH since I want the stay credit under him. They said I needed to call for that due to fraud prevention.

Had the same problem with that plastic piece on our medium case, discovered as DW was packing for a trip. It was a pain to get it unstuck from the lining, but managed to do it in a few minutes and then repositioned into the correct spot. DW has just returned from her trip, but not unpacked yet so have not been able to see if it has stayed in place.

I couldn't be bothered to return it if I really didn't have to - and I have a store I could take it to. Hope Away makes it easy for you to exchange or return.

Used our Away carry-ons for the first time in the real world this weekend. Just amazing. They wheeled like a dream and I just loved the battery pack, the hidden laundry bag and the cincher. I would buy more if we had another $200 coupon offer.

If you are on the fence, I would go for it if the offer is still around.
my suitcase busted open during my France trip (was over 10 years old ) I just bought the same thing my wife had as a replacement it's well built and I hope to use that lifetime warranty./

they might have a minimum redemption period for nights some I've seen some do 2 some do 4+ etc

going to apply for venture x for DH before it expires, whats most important to CapOne to get approved? cr score (805), ratio? i'm nervous (its our first premium card) he's 2/24, last app 8/21 and currently has the reg venture

Sounds like there's a 2 night minimum. You should be able to use Pay My Way to do it (look for the button under the cash rates).

How disappointing that calling Hyatt didn't work. The Twitter team was able to book something with a 2 night min for me with 1 FNC in my account and 1 in DH's (interestingly they did it by making them have the same confirmation number). I'll eventually have to call to gift the FNC to DH since I want the stay credit under him. They said I needed to call for that due to fraud prevention.

I already have a booking I'm trying to change vs cancel and rebook. What twitter did you use?

they might have a minimum redemption period for nights some I've seen some do 2 some do 4+ etc

A cat 2 airport hotel with a min? Shouldn't it say somewhere they have one? That just seems weird to me.

going to apply for venture x for DH before it expires, whats most important to CapOne to get approved? cr score (805), ratio? i'm nervous (its our first premium card) he's 2/24, last app 8/21 and currently has the reg venture
The VX seems to be a total crapshoot - data points all over the place of people getting approved or not, with seemingly no rhyme or reason. My DH had stats pretty similar to your DH’s (including having a regular Venture) and got instantly approved, so fingers crossed! Report back and let us know!

Had the same problem with that plastic piece on our medium case, discovered as DW was packing for a trip. It was a pain to get it unstuck from the lining, but managed to do it in a few minutes and then repositioned into the correct spot. DW has just returned from her trip, but not unpacked yet so have not been able to see if it has stayed in place.

I couldn't be bothered to return it if I really didn't have to - and I have a store I could take it to. Hope Away makes it easy for you to exchange or return.

Interesting. What crappy quality control they have. I was afraid I would rip the lining. I did try a little to get it unstuck and it is really on there good. Might try more. Will see what they say about my email. I haven’t requested return yet, I just sent them a question about a weird plastic piece stuck to my lining and if it should be there before I figured out what it was. Let me know if your piece stayed in place because I don’t want to have to deal with a loose piece all the time if I try it myself.

My DP. I had got a Chase Aer Lingus card mid November and was approved for the Venture X mid December. My credit score is similar to yours (maybe a little higher?) and I'm probably 4/24. I didn't have any Cap1 cards.

Interesting. What crappy quality control they have. I was afraid I would rip the lining. I did try a little to get it unstuck and it is really on there good. Might try more. Will see what they say about my email. I haven’t requested return yet, I just sent them a question about a weird plastic piece stuck to my lining and if it should be there before I figured out what it was. Let me know if your piece stayed in place because I don’t want to have to deal with a loose piece all the time if I try it myself.

I just checked the case, and the piece stayed in place - seems to be well stuck in place now. Survived 3 flights so hopefully will be OK.

Like you, I was concerned that I would rip the lining, but a series of sharp tugs set it free and all the 'glue' stayed with the plastic piece and not on the lining.

I already have a booking I'm trying to change vs cancel and rebook. What twitter did you use?

A cat 2 airport hotel with a min? Shouldn't it say somewhere they have one? That just seems weird to me.

The Twitter handle is HyattConcierge.

Hotels do weird things with their award availability sometimes. Though a bit surprising for an airport hotel. I hear the Andaz Maui at one point had a 10 night min! Of course the cash rates don't have that. But when you go look for an award, none shows up unless you do 10 nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter