• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mines only showing my old offer of the 5x on Disney visa until the 31st ill check back on the 1st to see if I got any others.
That's the way I was this morning and then I got an email with the new offer on the Disney card. I'd had the Jan to March offer and didn't use it as I prefer UR's to Disney Dollars and I was getting them at 5% with CIC and staples.

agreed, but next year it's going to be dynamic too I'm over it if it wasn't for Hyatt benefits id be a free agent. my problem is the points have either stayed the same or doubled depending on the dates at the places i frequent so i find no value in the certificate that they place doesn't mean I won't book Marriot I just don't find as much value in a card I spend so much money on.

Well, there's the difference! I rarely put spend on any of my Marriott cards. I harvest the free offers and the FNC's and try to get more elsewhere for extra spend. I nominally spend to keep the cards active, maybe $20 to $30 per month.

To my friends on here on the DIS who have tagged me and/or PMed to check in - I am alive and well. I'm sorry that I didn't provide a SW update this go around. Truth be told... I've strayed a little bit from obsessive churning. I did enjoy providing these updates, but they also became a lifeline to me earning add'l SW points via support clicks which was definitely a motivating factor to keep providing great info. That has seemingly dried up in the last year as the clicks have stopped coming. I know this might seem selfish or whatever (but I'd rather be honest than tell a lie), it was super nice being rewarded for the service to our community and it kept me engaged. Perhaps I'll resume in the future, and I hope all my fellow churners are doing well! Keep on earning and burning those points friends!

Just got this
1648673658332.png
You'll earn 6% total in Disney Rewards Dollars at most Disney locations, plus 5% total in Disney Rewards Dollars on all other travel purchases and at gas stations and grocery stores for every $1 you spend on up to $1,500 in total combined purchases from April 1 through June 30, 2022 with your Disney® Premier Visa® Card.1

Well, there's the difference! I rarely put spend on any of my Marriott cards. I harvest the free offers and the FNC's and try to get more elsewhere for extra spend. I nominally spend to keep the cards active, maybe $20 to $30 per month.
This is how I roll as well. If it wasn’t for the cell phone credit last year, there probably wouldn’t have been anything I put on it. Well maybe my H&D offer was there as well. Just using for FNCs and the occasional offer.

ok i know i said it many times in this thread probably 5 but WOW did anyone else see the HUGE Marriot devaluation? I'm 100% canceling my card when i get a break from work. Dynamic pricing is a joke i honestly think this is worse then sky pesos!
Yup. I'm glad I pulled the trigger when I did on booking the Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa. I checked the same dates I booked and they are now 115K per night. So that saved me 60k BonBlah points. I had been hoping to use my 50k FN certificates at the Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay this year, which I'd see anywhere from 50k-70k before today. Now dates I'm seeing are in the 92k range. So that's a no go. My usual staycation spot that I'd use the 50k FN certs on is now over 70k.

There is definitely no reason for me to keep the Brilliant or the RC cards now. I will be downgrading them both though not cancelling. I usually use my 35k FN certs near WDW. Much to my surprise and delight my usual places are still in the 25k and 30k range and the cash prices for these spots are ranging from $140 a night to $341 a night even on holiday weekends. So the 35k cards are still keepers for my situation.

I've been reading up on how to keep Globalist with Hyatt, and the blogger posts are saying that Hyatt Biz card comes with 5 qualifying nights (like the personal does) but then when I look at Chase I don't see that. Of course I will go with what the actual offer says, but does anyone know why I'm finding this discrepancy?

I've been reading up on how to keep Globalist with Hyatt, and the blogger posts are saying that Hyatt Biz card comes with 5 qualifying nights (like the personal does) but then when I look at Chase I don't see that. Of course I will go with what the actual offer says, but does anyone know why I'm finding this discrepancy?

When the card first came out, there was a mistake in the terms that included the 5 nights and they honored it. Wish I got in on that! I know @calypso726 did.

Does Walmart and Target grocery pickup code as grocery/supermarket with AMEX or Chase? Does AMEX pull back points of you buy VGC from a supermarket?

When the card first came out, there was a mistake in the terms that included the 5 nights and they honored it. Wish I got in on that! I know @calypso726 did.

Yes, this was a misprint on Chase's part and if you got the card within the first month of launch, they honored the 5 nights. A few benefits to the business card with helping keep Globalist via spend is that the biz card offers 5 qualifying nights for every $10k in spend which is better than the 2 qualifying nights for every $5k in spend. I am keeping both as I think the combination gives me the best advantage. The personal card gives me the 5 qualifying nights annually, plus a cat 1-4 FN cert, and I can earn an additional FN cert for $15k in spend. The business card offers the 5 night for $10k in spend, $100 in Hyatt hotel credits each year and 10% of my points back up to 20k each year once I hit $50k in spend.

Yup. I'm glad I pulled the trigger when I did on booking the Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa. I checked the same dates I booked and they are now 115K per night. So that saved me 60k BonBlah points. I had been hoping to use my 50k FN certificates at the Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay this year, which I'd see anywhere from 50k-70k before today. Now dates I'm seeing are in the 92k range. So that's a no go. My usual staycation spot that I'd use the 50k FN certs on is now over 70k.

There is definitely no reason for me to keep the Brilliant or the RC cards now. I will be downgrading them both though not cancelling. I usually use my 35k FN certs near WDW. Much to my surprise and delight my usual places are still in the 25k and 30k range and the cash prices for these spots are ranging from $140 a night to $341 a night even on holiday weekends. So the 35k cards are still keepers for my situation.

The Marriott World Center has been renovated and they now have a 'waterpark' type pool area and some kind of light show at night. They are in the 30-35k range as well.

There is the matter of a resort fee and a pesky parking charge.

We stayed there several times before DVC and I did like the hotel quite well and the pool was nice then also. It looks pretty nice in the pictures, and they give a floor plan of their suites.

It's been so long since I stayed there I can't vouch for it, but I do fondly remember that in the afternoons at the pool they used to come around with sparkling wine or some kind of free beverage. Probably that little nicety has gone but I did enjoy the perks there.

The Marriott World Center has been renovated and they now have a 'waterpark' type pool area and some kind of light show at night. They are in the 30-35k range as well.

There is the matter of a resort fee and a pesky parking charge.

We stayed there several times before DVC and I did like the hotel quite well and the pool was nice then also. It looks pretty nice in the pictures.
yeah im local i burn my cat 1-4 at the hyatt regancy grand cypress near disney world, also globalist i cant turn down free food and i love actually getting upgraded 90% of the time.

I used my aspire at the hilton in phx because it was on the resort list. I haven't gotten my credit yet but I also just noticed that it's cagegorized as other and I only got 2 points per dollar.

Guessing I need to contact amex about the credit nevermind that it should have been more points. It says pointe Hilton blah blah in the charge name. Ugh.

My Marriott take….

I just looked at my past hotels I’ve stayed at and what I have booked for this year. It isn’t impacting me much and maybe it is a little better for my situation.

I’ve booked Residence Inn and Springhill in Whitefish/Kalispell using my FNCs in the past. Now they are 39k and 40k so would have to use my FNC and top off. Cash price is 450-600 a night so still a deal in my mind.

I’ve stayed at the Fairfield Inn in 29 Palms. Now it is 20k or $129 a night. Probably would pay cash or book through the Chase portal for this one.

Residence Inn in Tucson. Now is 20k or $272 a night. Probably wouldn’t use my cert but points. But better, JW Marriott in Tucson is 40k a night so I would have the option to use my cert and top off. That is going at 600 a night so a deal there.

Lastly, my booking of Waikoloa beach resort actually came down from 240k to 229k (4 nights).

Not trying to discount anyone else’s experience. I think it really shows how personal this really is. Take the time to research for yourself. I’m not getting rid of any of my Bonvoy cards right now. In fact DH is probably going to get the personal Bonvoy card. Then I might drop the Biz cards since I don’t travel enough to use 4 FNCs in a year. I don’t stay at 100k a night hotels! I stay near NPs so I am limited to what is available there. If I traveled where there weren’t any Marriotts then I’d rethink my decision.

Do you like the Fairfield in twenty nine palms? I currently have it booked for 2 nights for a quick visit to Joshua tree during my Grand Canyon/ Disneyland trip in August.

Don’t need fancy, just clean and convenient. And it has a pool for the kiddos to burn some energy.

And yes I’m aware it will be surface of the sun hot in August lol.

I used my aspire at the hilton in phx because it was on the resort list. I haven't gotten my credit yet but I also just noticed that it's cagegorized as other and I only got 2 points per dollar.

Guessing I need to contact amex about the credit nevermind that it should have been more points. It says pointe Hilton blah blah in the charge name. Ugh.

How long has it been since you checked out? I checked out of a Hilton resort last Friday and the $250 resort credit only posted today. I've been paying attention and waiting for it to show up.

So that chase 5x offer on groceries and gas several people got. Do you think Costco
gas or Sams Club qualifies?

Yes, this was a misprint on Chase's part and if you got the card within the first month of launch, they honored the 5 nights. A few benefits to the business card with helping keep Globalist via spend is that the biz card offers 5 qualifying nights for every $10k in spend which is better than the 2 qualifying nights for every $5k in spend. I am keeping both as I think the combination gives me the best advantage. The personal card gives me the 5 qualifying nights annually, plus a cat 1-4 FN cert, and I can earn an additional FN cert for $15k in spend. The business card offers the 5 night for $10k in spend, $100 in Hyatt hotel credits each year and 10% of my points back up to 20k each year once I hit $50k in spend.

Thank you both for the explanation and for your thoughts on the card. This group has helped me so much over the past for years and I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter