I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must be the only one on the planet that wasn't that impressed by having lie flat seats. I found them very confining and isolating. It would be fine if I was traveling solo, but not being able to speak with my family for 8 hours wasn't really a plus to me. The food in biz was good (AA biz which isn't generally reviewed as anything special) but the flight was noisy and no way I could sleep so maybe lie flat is wasted on me.
im 6'2 and a half i have to sit spreading my knees in e+ most of the time also i am crazy about points (like most people on this thread) so im getting these flights for a few more thousand points its fine with me. Also i have trouble sleeping in general (maybe tmi) but i slept on the plane i was shocked.

The SkyClub is in T2, right now the AF lounge is in T5 which is where AF usually flies into. Is the plan to move AF to another terminal?
i think they were talking about the new one in paris, but im trying to follow along is this Chicago having a new one?

I in NO WAY want to steer discussion to taboo subjects, but I wanted to share an experience for anyone who may experience covid in advance of travel plans. If you use the Rx Anti-Viral, Paxlovid, please be aware that there is a real chance you will have rebound symptoms and test positive after you go off the Rx. You can google a number of stories about it, or search #paxlovidrebound on twitter for info.

My experience. Symptoms on 5/6 (after a few public events with lots of people), tested + on 5/7. Started Paxlovid evening of 5/7 for 5 days (finished Thursday 5/11 morning). I felt pretty crappy over that mother's day weekend but bounced back very quickly and was feeling fine by late Tuesday (very very minor cough). I tested negative on Sunday, 5/15. Yesterday noticed a sore throat and by evening was coughing and stuffy headed. Tested positive again this morning. This time I don't have fever or aches like the first 2 days, but I have way more congestion.

Anyway, a word of caution if you're considering Paxlovid in order to hasten healing ahead of travel. OF COURSE, talk to your Dr about best course of action based on your personal risk. Just be aware that you may have rebound symptoms/test + around 10 Day from beginning of Rx course. I'm VERY happy we don't have anything on the horizon until later in June. I was NOT aware of the rebound chances when I took it. Now just to wait to see how long this round lasts. :(

My US Bank Altitude Reserve arrived yesterday, super fast! This is the first card I have ever gotten in fancy packaging. The box it came in weighed 1 pound 5 ounces LOL.
I enrolled in real time rewards, I had read where you needed to make sure to select travel as your category, but I was not given a category to choose from at all?

In exciting news to me, just had our offer accepted for a house. Feeling lucky it went for "only" 7% over asking. One of the others we put an offer in on a couple weeks ago went for 50% over. Now to start dealing with the bank on Monday.
In a not completely unrelated note, @LilSweetPeaPhoto how is your area looking for hockey officials? I'm going to need some additional income this winter and thinking about becoming certified as a youth hockey ref. I already do softball in the summer and played high school hockey in MN so I don't think it would be too rough.

If you're booking through United with a United codeshare flight number on United ticket stock (the ticket number starts 016) it would be United's policy that should prevail. If it's an Asiana flight number and Asiana ticket stock it would be Asiana's policy. The difference in pricing is pretty universal for domestic based vs foreign carriers. There are very limited seats that foreign carriers make available to partners for award tickets, and not always in the cheapest buckets. point.me might be able to help you find a better award using Chase transfer partners other than UA.
Sorry I meant to reply yesterday. Yes, they need refs here like crazy! Though the refs in SE MI suck, LOL. I'll admit as a hockey parent we're not the nicest. I mean if I showed you the video of the ref just skating by after my son was illegally checked to the ice and didn't get up for 5 min, I think my anger was justified, LOL. Where will you be? And congrats on the house!

With all the airline delays and cancellations, I'm trying to figure out what we're going to do for our December cruise. What I WANT to do is fly down the morning the cruise leaves. It's a nonstop, would arrive in FLL at 9:45 then go straight to cruise terminal. It would be one less day we need to board the dogs, and would save on getting a hotel also. BUT the cautious side of me is kind of scared about that plan. If our flight gets delayed a little, it wouldn't be a big deal as long as we're to the terminal before the cruise leaves at 4pm. What if we got cancelled though? Would you risk it flying the same morning of your scheduled cruise? If you've done it, was it very stressful?
When is your trip? I'm finding holidays, beginning of the month, and end of the month are prone the most to meltdowns. Just speaking as the GF of a pilot, LOL.

We got back yesterday from a 5 day trip with our daughters. Stayed in BLT and BCV. DH tested positive this morning. Our oldest met up with some friends at Epcot and at least 1 of them has tested positive (others have mild symptoms but haven't tested). We have also made it 2 years without getting it. On the bright side, DH won't have to test for entry back into the US when we head to the UK this summer.
When the BF got COVID in Jan I was on a mission to get it too so I didn't have to worry about testing when we came back from Mexico. After I saw how lax they were with our positive tests/letters, I don't think I'd sweat it either way now.

I in NO WAY want to steer discussion to taboo subjects, but I wanted to share an experience for anyone who may experience covid in advance of travel plans. If you use the Rx Anti-Viral, Paxlovid, please be aware that there is a real chance you will have rebound symptoms and test positive after you go off the Rx. You can google a number of stories about it, or search #paxlovidrebound on twitter for info.

My experience. Symptoms on 5/6 (after a few public events with lots of people), tested + on 5/7. Started Paxlovid evening of 5/7 for 5 days (finished Thursday 5/11 morning). I felt pretty crappy over that mother's day weekend but bounced back very quickly and was feeling fine by late Tuesday (very very minor cough). I tested negative on Sunday, 5/15. Yesterday noticed a sore throat and by evening was coughing and stuffy headed. Tested positive again this morning. This time I don't have fever or aches like the first 2 days, but I have way more congestion.

Anyway, a word of caution if you're considering Paxlovid in order to hasten healing ahead of travel. OF COURSE, talk to your Dr about best course of action based on your personal risk. Just be aware that you may have rebound symptoms/test + around 10 Day from beginning of Rx course. I'm VERY happy we don't have anything on the horizon until later in June. I was NOT aware of the rebound chances when I took it. Now just to wait to see how long this round lasts. :(
When I got it back in Jan, I was testing positive for a long time on at home tests. I didn't even bother to test before I went back to school. I tested positive Jan 16th on an at home, negative on the PCR. Finally I think on the 17th or 18th I was positive on the PCR. And my at home tests were still positive on the 26th. That was the last day I tested. And they say the at home tests are less sensitive than the PCR. I'm wondering how long I was truly testing positive.

When I got it back in Jan, I was testing positive for a long time on at home tests. I didn't even bother to test before I went back to school. I tested positive Jan 16th on an at home, negative on the PCR. Finally I think on the 17th or 18th I was positive on the PCR. And my at home tests were still positive on the 26th. That was the last day I tested. And they say the at home tests are less sensitive than the PCR. I'm wondering how long I was truly testing positive.

I guess the only reliable thing...is that nothing is reliable! I will say my Dr said if my symptoms had improved by Day 5, I could end quarantine as long as I wore a mask for 5 add'l days in public. I specifically asked about a negative test and she said not to rely on that. Based on how I'm feeling today PLUS the positive test (I really felt offended at how dark the line was this morning!!), I know I shouldn't go out and surely wouldn't be able to pass a test required for travel. Just a word of warning for anyone using the Rx. I felt fine for days, played tennis twice, went for long walks and then got slammed yesterday.

Wow what an awesome trip. I'm always dying to go back to Scotland. I'm hoping to add St. Kilda and Staffa next time. Well done on snagging QSuites! I actually haven't had the pleasure yet. I was able to do SQ suites on both the classic older plane and also the new plane on the same trip the year new planes launched. I am actually looking for an excuse to fly SQ suites again.

We are going back to Dubai this year but I wound up booking Emirates in business on the way over since I had no plans to visit Doha this time. I'll eventually get around to booking Q suites somewhere. Looking forward to your review though!
I've been to Staffa a number of times and have had the rare experience of landing on St. Kilda 3 times in the sun! I told the captain he could hire me out, LOL. For those who haven't heard of St. Kilda its a UNESCO world heritage island on the furthest edge of the Hebrides (I want to say 50 miles or something from Skye) that up until the 20th century was inhabited. It's a difficult island to land on--on my first trip there was an older gentleman who'd tried to land 3 times previously and hadn't been able to do so. It's one of the most amazing places I've ever been. I'd go back in a heartbeat. Highly recommend the Hebridean Princess if you want to be fairly sure to land--they are very nimble and will adjust itineraries to get out there on the best day. The HP is an experience in itself. Think English Country house on the water. The Queen has rented it out in the past (and so did Brad and Angelina, LOL). The best service of anywhere I've ever been. It's hard to explain, but it's seamless--they anticipate before you even ask for anything.

Ah, I should have known you'd only done the first class! I forget plane princess's requirements :) I would have loved to get SQ suites (Singapore also flies to my destination), but they only had one business seat one way--no 1st. Emirates was also an option. I could get them one way in First, but its currency wasn't as easy for me to transfer/use if I cancel the trip.

Can't wait to hear about Dubai round #2.

Hello! Just wondering about the process with applying for a credit card when you have a fraud alert set up with the Transunion, Experian and Equifax. I also have a credit freeze which I know to lift prior to applying for a cc. But do you need to call the cc company when you apply to let them know about the fraud alert? Or wait for them to call you?

Thanks!

im 6'2 and a half i have to sit spreading my knees in e+ most of the time also i am crazy about points (like most people on this thread) so im getting these flights for a few more thousand points its fine with me. Also i have trouble sleeping in general (maybe tmi) but i slept on the plane i was shocked.
I'm 5'2" but found lie flat not that comfortable. I don't find regular seats comfortable either though. I have a knee issue and have to keep moving it. Don't your feet hang off the end of lie flat? I also find not being able to have personal item inconvenient. DH is 6'2" and can sit in any seat, and fall asleep, with no problems. In biz, I couldn't talk to DH (I was center but opposite aisle, he had window ) but I could see him enjoying multiple glasses of wine then snoozing (though he can also sleep after a pot of coffee).
Per Drs I work with, PCR will pick up virus, including small particles of virus which are not infectious, for months post infection. Rapid tests usually pick up later than PCR as they pick up whole virus usually when there is a large enough load to be infectious. So during/after infection, you can test with rapid and are still infectious until you test negative. It took DH 11 or 12 days after his initial positive to have a negative rapid.

Has anyone been able to book a Sleep and Fly type package, where you can leave your car at hotel, with points plus cash?

Hello! Just wondering about the process with applying for a credit card when you have a fraud alert set up with the Transunion, Experian and Equifax. I also have a credit freeze which I know to lift prior to applying for a cc. But do you need to call the cc company when you apply to let them know about the fraud alert? Or wait for them to call you?

Thanks!

I have a fraud alert and it prevents me from getting instantly approved for anything. I have to call into the credit card company preemptively to verify my identity. The alternative is to wait for the fraud department to contact me and I am too impatient for that. It sucks but it is after all for my protection.

Has anyone been able to book a Sleep and Fly type package, where you can leave your car at hotel, with points plus cash?

No - but I have been able to book the room with a FNC and then pay cash for the parking at the hotel. Call the hotel and ask if they offer this - but be aware, it is still often just better to book the hotel's 'stay, park, fly' rate and save the points for another time. Might be worth it you have an expiring FNC you need to use though.

DH and I each have a Marriott FNC. I'll look again because one of the Marriott's had a review saying they saw bedbugs 😱

I saw on DoC there's a chase 10% back for office depot which I didn't have. But 3 of my cards had a new 10% back at shop dis up to $5. Expires 6/30. Hopefully there's at least one RMN CB before then since I'll need to use all 3.

CP to the gc thread

I saw on DoC there's a chase 10% back for office depot which I didn't have. But 3 of my cards had a new 10% back at shop dis up to $5. Expires 6/30. Hopefully there's at least one RMN CB before then since I'll need to use all 3.

CP to the gc thread
Had it on my CIC and CIU. Used it this morning to restock on kcups, as office depot is the cheapest place that has the ones my hubby drinks. Will pair nicely with the 5x URs on the CIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter