I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Has anyone w/ mobility issues done an Alaska cruise? Mom uses a walker (when she's not too stubborn) and I'd love to take her on an Alaska cruise for her 70th (Summer 2024). I'm not worried about the on-ship bits as much as the excursions (or we could do none and do our own thing, I'm open to that so she doesn't feel rushed by a tour). Would love input if anyone has any!
My mom went with us in 2018 when she was 74. She has had both knees replaced but she gets around okay. We did all private tours. In Juneau we did whale watching through Rum Runners. In Ketchikan we did a float plane against her better judgment. And in Skagway I rented a car and we drove the Klondike highway.

My mom went with us in 2018 when she was 74. She has had both knees replaced but she gets around okay. We did all private tours. In Juneau we did whale watching through Rum Runners. In Ketchikan we did a float plane against her better judgment. And in Skagway I rented a car and we drove the Klondike highway.
Thanks helpful, thank you!

I received an email to open a Chase business checking account. The main thing to do is park $20k there for 60 days to get $750. I'm find with that but I have $10k out for two AMEX business accounts for another 35 days or so. The email says I can also receive the offer by showing it in branch by 05/04/23. Does this mean I have until then to do it online as well?
Yes your code will be good for either until the expiration. My experience has been that you can't always open a biz checking online, so I wouldn't wait too late to try. Even already having Biz online account and previously having biz checking accounts, we haven't been able to successfully open it online. We tried creating a new account and signing in with the existing account and would get an error at the end for both. Some people have no issues, you just don't know. So give yourself enough time to arrange a branch visit if needed.
Oh darn. She was pushing me to hurry and book it because she only wanted that one flight time, so I used my CSR (wrong choice). I'm going to make a note for next time because she flies infrequently but always asks me to book it for her. Also, I think she should maybe get one of the SW cards so she can fly on points next time.
It's probably too late now, but for next time you could have gotten a refund on your card and repurchased on hers. As long as it's not a close in booking, you have 24 hours for a full refund, even on WGA fares.

The section for "
Cancelling a Ticket Reservation or Purchase within 24 hours of Booking" outlines the conditions.
https://www.transportation.gov/individuals/aviation-consumer-protection/refunds

For Southwest, start a cancellation to see what options they give you. If you're within 24 hours, an option for refund to payment method should be available along with travel find credit.

Thank you, this was an interesting read and kudos to you for your organization and patience entering that many cards.

My DD's school uses FACTS and you can do smaller payments, such as VGC's, or set the account up to charge to a card. I've met many CIC/CIU MSR's this way.
I hope this is ok to share here - I think I’ve mentioned in the past how I’ve saved tons of money paying school tuition with Visa and MC gift cards. With Staples having their fee-free Visa cards next week, I thought it might be helpful to share the write up of what I did (I ended up “saving” almost $1500 paying tuition!) https://www.facebook.com/1000893163...4CE22q1tJhKEW5zqpMVaiuRmBkxG7DVmvigCfwCl/?d=n
Nice write up! It’s nice to know I might be saving money when DS goes off to college in a 1 1/2 years. Glad Staples has no fee Visa next week since I was $1100 short as I was busy making $194.27 payments this weekend for the next tuition installment.

Happy New Year everyone! I hope someone familiar with Delta can answer a question.
I wanted to transfer some miles from Amex to Skymiles. First I was surprised about the fee:oops:
Anyway looking at the seat map I only see middle seats available unless it is comfort/preferred.
So my question is can i book main cabin with miles and pay cash to upgrade? Or is it the reverse?

I called customer service and he told me you have to pay cash for seat and upgrade with miles...not
the other way around. Does that sound right?:scratchin

Thank you

Happy New Year everyone! I hope someone familiar with Delta can answer a question.
I wanted to transfer some miles from Amex to Skymiles. First I was surprised about the fee:oops:
Anyway looking at the seat map I only see middle seats available unless it is comfort/preferred.
So my question is can i book main cabin with miles and pay cash to upgrade? Or is it the reverse?

I called customer service and he told me you have to pay cash for seat and upgrade with miles...not
the other way around. Does that sound right?:scratchin

Thank you
I have flights with Delta booked, and I always book on points. I can always upgrade to first or comfort with either points or miles. Is this what you were asking?
3F14E8EE-CCEB-40CA-8CE5-42A4BD6EA594.png

@elgerber

Just wondering are you pleased with Delta? I think i only have flown with them once
years ago. However DH and I just got back from a small trip and we went on another
one in Sept. I was really impressed with Delta. Flight was boarded quickly and on time
both times. (maybe we were lucky) lol.

I need to park some points so I joined Skymiles. However I read a few blogs where they say
Delta skymiles have really been devalued etc. They still seem ok to me. lol

@elgerber

Just wondering are you pleased with Delta? I think i only have flown with them once
years ago. However DH and I just got back from a small trip and we went on another
one in Sept. I was really impressed with Delta. Flight was boarded quickly and on time
both times. (maybe we were lucky) lol.

I need to park some points so I joined Skymiles. However I read a few blogs where they say
Delta skymiles have really been devalued etc. They still seem ok to me. lol

They are called sky pesos but I find domestic award flights to be good. I think the big 3, dl, ua and aa are all similar enough in that they all have their pluses and minuses.

I prefer dl partly because they have seatback screens so I know I don't have to deal with using my phone or tablet. Alaska offers entertainment but unless you are in 1st you use your own device. I haven't flown 1st since before covid so they may not provide small tablets to them any more.

I primarily fly dl or as since I'm in Seattle and I'm happy with both. I tend to fly dl more because they have a good lounge here but if the new centurion is good and gets rid of the waits then that won't be a factor. AS doesn't allow priority pass access here any more.

I would miss this thread if it went away. I do miss the late night crew, being on the west coast I'm obvs up later than most of the midwest/east coast people. But @wendow @Lain and @SouthFayetteFan and some others I can't remember, would often post late. Good times, then everyone else would wake up to it and I'd have lots to read in the morning 🙂

I do hope all that have stopped posting over the years are well and just busy/different place in life.
Aww! Hey old friends! I’m alive well and still churning like a rockstar. I’ve been super busy. Oldest got married so I inherited a wonderful new son. Next daughter is off to the DCP soon so I get to do that again! Then I’m left with my two boys who are growing faster than I can keep up with. Life is good and I wish I had more time to devote here. This is such a special thread here!

Attachments

• 694F0056-D8A5-4B32-8D80-B61D61976828.jpeg
    694F0056-D8A5-4B32-8D80-B61D61976828.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 82
Aww! Hey old friends! I’m alive well and still churning like a rockstar. I’ve been super busy. Oldest got married so I inherited a wonderful new son. Next daughter is off to the DCP soon so I get to do that again! Then I’m left with my two boys who are growing faster than I can keep up with. Life is good and I wish I had more time to devote here. This is such a special thread here!
What a fabulous photo--you have a beautiful family!

What payment portal does the school use? I have my kids tuition coming up in July and their school uses FACTS. I've always just made one payment but I wonder if I could make smaller payments or even with money orders to pay the total down?
I have kids in private school and use FACTS for payments. Its set up to be two payments a year that automatically come out of a linked bank account, but I go in and make payments before that happens. I make a payment of $194.27 and use the fee free $200 Mastercards or Visas (194.27 plus the 2.95% fee=$200). Then I do it again, and again and again…

Last edited:
Beautiful family!

They are called sky pesos but I find domestic award flights to be good. I think the big 3, dl, ua and aa are all similar enough in that they all have their pluses and minuses.

I prefer dl partly because they have seatback screens so I know I don't have to deal with using my phone or tablet. Alaska offers entertainment but unless you are in 1st you use your own device. I haven't flown 1st since before covid so they may not provide small tablets to them any more.

I primarily fly dl or as since I'm in Seattle and I'm happy with both. I tend to fly dl more because they have a good lounge here but if the new centurion is good and gets rid of the waits then that won't be a factor. AS doesn't allow priority pass access here any more.
don't forget wifi, deltas service is why I choose them its constant, also their product is similar everywhere, I used to always go cheapest and it seemed to me that I was on a different airline every time. I almost cheated on them with a flight I still need to book to CR I ended up not doing it. American wanted 500 for the first ticket, then the next was 1k and the next was 2200. I can wait. If I find a genuinely better deal though I tend to go that route, but if it's not that big a difference I choose delta. @elgerber

Random question but has anyone booked Paris around Christmas time? what should I expect to snag as a deal 120k a ticket? that is what im thinking. Also, I wish I thought of this while the bonus was going on but DW was on the fence.

Beautiful family picture!! I kept looking and finally realized that was not a young bridesmaid but you on the right-hand side. You look gorgeous!

Drop around when you have time! When does DD go for the college program? I'll be down there end of January and spending my last night at Jambo house in club level.

Oh darn. She was pushing me to hurry and book it because she only wanted that one flight time, so I used my CSR (wrong choice). I'm going to make a note for next time because she flies infrequently but always asks me to book it for her. Also, I think she should maybe get one of the SW cards so she can fly on points next time.

It’s fine that you used your CSR. The guide to benefits specifically say that the immediate family member does not need to be traveling with the card holder. The CSR trip insurance benefits is better than the CSP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter