I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Can you hold multiple Hilton Biz at the same time?
3 of my 5 credit cards are Hilton Biz at the moment (2 on a SP, 1 on an LLC)

@wanderlust7 You last post was correct about the 90 day rule, but LLC bypasses that too (separate timing from SP), which is also the case with charge cards if you're trying to jump ahead to reach the 10 charge card limit and have the spend to meet the accelerated pace.

FYI - no need for the reminder. You can cancel now and your subscription will stay intact until the 3 months is up, and then just not renew. I always sign up and immediately cancel any streaming service where I’m using a promo code. Easy!
thanks for the info!

Has anyone stayed at Secrets Impression Moxché on points? I see I can book it through WOH, but the only option is a standard room. Is a suite an option or is that not available with points?

Has anyone stayed at Secrets Impression Moxché on points? I see I can book it through WOH, but the only option is a standard room. Is a suite an option or is that not available with points?

I have a reservation but haven't stayed yet. They're all labeled "suites". The standard room is the Signature Suite King. A standard suite is the Signature Suite Ocean Front.

With Hyatt, sometimes you can make points reservations for standard suites and premium suites, but it depends if the hotel makes them available as awards. I don't recall seeing them when I was looking for availability.

DH are back for a month after a crazy few months of traveling every few weeks. We went to Nola. We stayed at the Eliza Jane and got a super cheap cash rate with a corporate code. If your company offers corporate booking discounts it’s always good to check sometimes the cash rates are a much better deal than using points.

Delta also had a skymiles award sale so we booked Delta one to London. It was 153,000 skymiles a person. London wasn’t high on my travel list, but I was excited to try delta one and I’m now spoiled. I booked delta one to Paris already for next year. We also ended up really enjoying London too. DH has become obsessed with premier league soccer so we took a train to Newcastle to watch a game and we saw Harry Potter and the cursed child, which was amazing. We stayed at the St. James Trafalgar Square which was nice and centrally located. I’m diamond and was only upgraded to a King room, but that was fine. Id like to try the Conrad or Waldorf next time tho.

We also had another trip to NYC with friends and stayed at the Conrad. I’ve always gotten a suite upgrade here and I really love the rooms. There’s tons of space so DH can work from the room.

If anyone has any Hilton hotel recommendations for Paris let me know! I still haven’t booked our hotel yet.
Stayed at Hilton Paris Opera, wonderful doormen! just get room away from street. Old, every room is differentt, good lcation

I am at the Hilton Paris Opera now and as I stated above, I do not recommend it. It sits literally right in front of the St. Lazare train/Metro station (there is a bus driveway separating the station and the back of the hotel. I somehow did not realize this (I did switch last minute to this hotel and didn't have time to do my usual obsessive research). As with many train/bus station areas, this block has more than its fair share of unhoused people and it is a very high auto/bus traffic area. It is impossible to get an Uber in front of the hotel, you have to go across the street and even that is dicey. I have not stayed at the Maison Astor Hilton property, but based on my research I would definitely recommend it over this Hilton.

A couple of caveats to keep in mind with my opinion. I prefer aspirational properties and stayed at the Grand Hyatt Place Vendome in August so my standards were probably a little skewed coming into this property. We just stayed at 2 Conrads before this, so again expectations were probably a little skewed. I am paying OOP for the 4 nts here and it is a ridiculous rate for the quality of this location/property. So that stings.

A few pros: it does have the executive lounge which is nice to have even if it is mediocre (no bottled water ??); the train station being close is good when you need the Metro/bus; Printemps/Galleries Lafayette/Opera are a few blocks away; rooms/bathrooms are clean; and twin deluxe room is plenty spacious. If it is the only Hotel I could get on points, then I would stay here again rather than pay OOP. However, if I have any other option, I will not stay here again.
i was there in March. I liked it better than the Hilton Trocadero. Had bottled water, staff was great. Loved being close to things, very pretty hotel. I work in Trenton NJ, go to NY so to me the number of homeless was not a factor. I saw more in Nashville this week

Nashville airport question. Is there any food outside of security there? I'm landing at 9pm Thursday but have to wait for a colleague until 12:30am before we can head to the hotel. Don't really want to leave just to have to come back but will have to eat.
just came from there last night. after you land you can go to any terminal for food, as long as you don't exit to baggage claim. after that I don't recall much of anything

I don't know if this is every Staples, but I went to two separate Staples tonight and was told the limit on the Fee Free MasterCard Gift Cards was $2,000. At the first one the cashier rang up 9 cards ($1,800) and the last one gave a message of having reached the limit - I just said "that's fine, I'll just take the $1,800." The next Staples the kid asked his manager how many I could buy and she said the limit is $2,000. Same message came up when he tried to enter the 10th card. The manager came over and said to just ring the last $200 separately. She said, although it wasn't charging the activation fee the system was still counting it and thought the purchase was over $2,000.
Anyway long story to say looks like 8 cards isn't necessarily the max.

@speedyfishy re: Paris Hiltons

I like the II Arrondisement, anywhere near Rue Montorgueil. This is a pedestrian street full of cafes, bakeries, fish markets, butchers and produce stores. Every morning we popped out and got fresh produce and bakery. Walking distance to the Louvre.

In looking at the map, I'd say the Maison Astor is closest to that area. Looks like it's better reviewed than the Paris Opera. I think the Hyatt Madeleine is in the same area as the Maison Astor.

1684889823578.png

I don't know if this is every Staples, but I went to two separate Staples tonight and was told the limit on the Fee Free MasterCard Gift Cards was $2,000. At the first one the cashier rang up 9 cards ($1,800) and the last one gave a message of having reached the limit - I just said "that's fine, I'll just take the $1,800." The next Staples the kid asked his manager how many I could buy and she said the limit is $2,000. Same message came up when he tried to enter the 10th card. The manager came over and said to just ring the last $200 separately. She said, although it wasn't charging the activation fee the system was still counting it and thought the purchase was over $2,000.
Anyway long story to say looks like 8 cards isn't necessarily the max.
I’ve found at my local Staples it depends on the cashier…some will let me get 9 instead of the advertised 8…this is with the VGCs…I liquidated at FD ..I’ve no experience with the MCGCs..probably should try them at FD too but just remember stories from a few years go of fraud and difficulty with liquidation so haven’t tried

just came from there last night. after you land you can go to any terminal for food, as long as you don't exit to baggage claim. after that I don't recall much of anything
And there is the problem, I have to go get my bag and then wait around for a couple hours. Guess I'll find a bar/restaurant/Waffle House to kill a couple hours.
Thank you.

I’ve found at my local Staples it depends on the cashier…some will let me get 9 instead of the advertised 8…this is with the VGCs…I liquidated at FD ..I’ve no experience with the MCGCs..probably should try them at FD too but just remember stories from a few years go of fraud and difficulty with liquidation so haven’t tried

MCGCs definitely more limited than VGC. I've had online orders fail with MC that subsequently work with V. Also, paying your target red card as debit at the counter failed MCGC but worked VGC. I always register my cards, set pin, etc, so it's not a matter of them being set up differently by me.

Unless you *need* cards when MCGC are available, I'd stick to VGC.

got apprvoed for IHG biz on the 17th....still no card, and nothing showing online either...is this normal? I still have the approval email

MCGCs definitely more limited than VGC. I've had online orders fail with MC that subsequently work with V. Also, paying your target red card as debit at the counter failed MCGC but worked VGC. I always register my cards, set pin, etc, so it's not a matter of them being set up differently by me.

Unless you *need* cards when MCGC are available, I'd stick to VGC.
Thanks, appreciate the info will stick with the VGCs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter