I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Unfortunately my sweet baby had a medical event and may have childhood epilepsy. If anyone has experience please let me know!

Anyways facing down the barrel of a bunch of new bills I quickly applied for and was instantly approved for the Venture X- 75k miles for 4k spend in 3 months.

I tried previously for that card (a long time ago now) and was denied because my personal frequency was higher at that time. Last new personal card was over 6 months ago now, which Capital One seemed to like better.
Our oldest DD (now 26) had petit mal seizures - now called absence seizures I believe. I'm not sure if that's the same thing you're dealing with or not. Our was years ago, she was in 2nd grade, so 7-8 years old. When she got put on medication (at the time they used depakote), her symptoms went away. She outgrew it in about a year and a half so we were able to wean her off the meds.

The hotel told us their technician wouldn’t be back until Monday and they would get our clothes out of the washer then since it was locked. I had a little bit of a freak out inside because we literally had one pair of clothes each that were clean. Thankfully the maintenance guy that is here came up and figured out a way to unlock it. He drained out the water by hand putting it into a bowl and dumping that into our sink. He then took all of our wet clothes to rewash and dry them. We came back to the room to find our bag of clothes washed and dried! It was a bad situation but we are so grateful they were willing to work with us instead of leaving our clothes in there until Monday.

I have sometimes not had instant approval but the card just showed up in my online account. I just applied for this card on Wednesday and the SUB is only 3 nights I think? Unless you found another offer?
I’ve been stalking my Chase account hoping that would happen, but not yet so far. Probably my fault for applying on a Friday. But I was so excited to see that 5 night offer show up again (Frequent Miler is also reporting it). Hopefully Chase will adjust your SUB!! 🤞🤞

It drives me NUTS how many places now have a tipping option on the check out screen!! If you aren’t bringing me food and/or clearing my table, I don’t feel obligated to tip (and I’m generally a chronic over-tipper).
Today I went to a clothing store to pickup my daughter's ballet outfit (leotard, tights, shoes) and they had a tipping screen for 15-30% of the clothes. Now that's a 1st for me!

Today I went to a clothing store to pickup my daughter's ballet outfit (leotard, tights, shoes) and they had a tipping screen for 15-30% of the clothes. Now that's a 1st for me!

Please tell me you didn't tip!

Tipping is something I do well. I've always been generous with delivery and restaurants and takeout.

But, if I'm going into a store to buy clothing or any type of merchandise, and I see a tip line, that's where I draw the line.

I completed the sign on bonus for the Hilton Honors and got the free night certificate today. It is saying I have to call customer service to use the FNC is that right?

Please tell me you didn't tip!

Tipping is something I do well. I've always been generous with delivery and restaurants and takeout.

But, if I'm going into a store to buy clothing or any type of merchandise, and I see a tip line, that's where I draw the line.
I didn't. They certainly didn't make it easy to opt out though. The default was set at 15% and they removed the 'no tip' button. I had to select 'custom tip' and make it '$0' to get out of the tip screen.

And for the record, we also went out for brunch today and I tipped 20%. Tipping for clothing though is where I draw the line too.

My parents were supposed to head to Northern Michigan tomorrow for ten days. Everything was booked on my dad's Platinum card I believe. My dad was just taken to the hospital by ambulance. I'm trying to distract myself and be practical while I wait to find out what's going on--it looks like there's some trip insurance on the Platinum card but wondering if anyone has any experience using it.

My parents were supposed to head to Northern Michigan tomorrow for ten days. Everything was booked on my dad's Platinum card I believe. My dad was just taken to the hospital by ambulance. I'm trying to distract myself and be practical while I wait to find out what's going on--it looks like there's some trip insurance on the Platinum card but wondering if anyone has any experience using it.
The only thing I remember is it needs to be round trip.
Prayers for your dad.

No advice for you on the platinum but hugs and grace for you while you wait to find out what is happening. My Mom was taken to the ER last week when she was in NC (she was on a trip with a friend) and it was like a game of telephone trying to find out what was going on. I tested positive for Covid the same night so I couldn't in good conscience go in person. It might have been a TIA but nothing definitive, of course she thinks she's fine now and won't go get follow-up. It's so frustrating when you can't be there in person.

sorry to hear about your dad.

Sending 🙏for your Dad…

Considering applying for the 5 FNC Chase Marriott offer. I looked up the eligibility chart to make sure I can get it. Only cards I’ve had are both Amex, the Brilliant (opened 3/2021 bonus 6/2021, closed 5/2023) and the biz (opened 2019 and still open currently). Chart says I’m good but I wanted to double check with you all. I can still hold on to that business card correct?

Considering applying for the 5 FNC Chase Marriott offer. I looked up the eligibility chart to make sure I can get it. Only cards I’ve had are both Amex, the Brilliant (opened 3/2021 bonus 6/2021, closed 5/2023) and the biz (opened 2019 and still open currently). Chart says I’m good but I wanted to double check with you all. I can still hold on to that business card correct?
i have an Amex Bonvoy biz (for 2 years) and was just approved for the Chase Boundless (still waiting to hear if they will upgrade me to the 5 FN, I applied last week under the 3 FN offer)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter