I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I see leenie responded, but there ARE airports which do not have this perk. i rented through Alamo at Milwaukee in August - no skip the counter. Was extremely thankful I used Alamo as the line at the Budget counter there was 2 hours long!
Sure but that tends to be smaller airports (like MKE and BTR) so the odds were long OP encountered that.

Any advice on booking tickets to Japan next summer?

We have six of us and I am super overwhelmed! There are just too many options. We have enough AA miles (or AMEX miles that can transfer) to get us all there on AA/JAL but coming back is trickier.

We have a lot of URs and can transfer to Avios and have enough to get us to the west coast but no award flights to the midwest. Is there a trick to finding award flights with Avios? It seems like no availability to the midwest with any of my different searches, even just from the west coast. I hate their fees, too! Ugh!

Trying to search Virgin partners but very tricky to do online. Tips for this?

What am I not thinking of? There are just so many different options and none of them are really working very well. And then trying to do six at a time (although we are willing to split up if needed) is A LOT!
From doing this for a while max I've never seen in business open up at once is 4.

flight thoughts please

Oct 2024 to paris from EWR so I have time.
I have about 600k UR, 140K cap one points, 150k MR, 180k AA, 16k United.

I am fine with economy plus unless great deal! suggestions who to book, transfer to? flying blue AF does non stop from EWR as does United. can also go from PHL on AA .

will be closing cap one end of this year so should probably transfer those miles somewhere. I have a CSP which I can upgrade to CSR if necessary. balance of cruise has to go on amex plat for their benefits.

our co-travelers like United. be nice to travel with them but not necessary

appreciate the advice.

Only certain ones, and for a little while boxed.com was one of the merchants IIRC which seemed more useful. Right now the list is -

Participating partners are Grubhub (including Seamless), The Cheesecake Factory, Goldbelly, Wine.com, Milk Bar, and select Shake Shack locations. Excludes Shake Shack locations in ballparks, stadiums, airports, rest areas, museums, and racetracks.
So, you can use Grubhub/Seemless for carry-out?

I’d like to apply for the Gold Card. However, the closest Cheesecake Factory is an hour away, and the closest Shake Shack is two hours away. Our family is not much into food delivery, but I don’t mind carrying home some Mexican or Italian food.

We don’t have the card yet but they said to message once he meets the spend and they will add the 15k points
I’ve got a player I’m helping who got a ditz of a rep who said they need to hit $6k to get 75k and then “another $6k” to get 90k and nothing about messaging back when they hit the spend- like lol, doesn’t my player wish 165k URs are just waiting for them. Think I’m just gonna have them do a clean SM & hopefully get the usual reply that you got.

Hi, I'm currently traveling solo (visiting elderly Mom) and I'm flying tomorrow thru ATL (to RDU). I purchased my ticket using my Amex Personal Plat (cash, not points). If I somehow get impacted by Ophelia for the ATL-RDU leg, does Amex offer any help if I'm stuck in ATL overnight? I don't think I'll be impacted but just in case (I haven't checked where the aircraft will be originating prior to the ATL-RDU flight). Nothing from Delta on waiving changes so I presume they think there will be minimal impact.

I’ve got a player I’m helping who got a ditz of a rep who said they need to hit $6k to get 75k and then “another $6k” to get 90k and nothing about messaging back when they hit the spend- like lol, doesn’t my player wish 165k URs are just waiting for them. Think I’m just gonna have them do a clean SM & hopefully get the usual reply that you got.
Your post makes me wonder if I should try a 2nd time to get matched to the 5 FNC offer on the Bonvoy. I applied a couple of days before the new offer came out, so only 3 FNCs, and my SM request to match was denied.

Lol that doesn’t make sense at all. I agree they should try a new SM and see what they say

Your post makes me wonder if I should try a 2nd time to get matched to the 5 FNC offer on the Bonvoy. I applied a couple of days before the new offer came out, so only 3 FNCs, and my SM request to match was denied.
Why not? They aren’t going to take away what you already have, so not much to lose! Although bummer at @palhockeymomof2 ‘s DP observations so prob best to keep expectations low.

flight thoughts please

Oct 2024 to paris from EWR so I have time.
I have about 600k UR, 140K cap one points, 150k MR, 180k AA, 16k United.

I am fine with economy plus unless great deal! suggestions who to book, transfer to? flying blue AF does non stop from EWR as does United. can also go from PHL on AA .

will be closing cap one end of this year so should probably transfer those miles somewhere. I have a CSP which I can upgrade to CSR if necessary. balance of cruise has to go on amex plat for their benefits.

our co-travelers like United. be nice to travel with them but not necessary

appreciate the advice.
not sure if you got the cut off or not but if you are 100% going you could do it with 25% less MR with the transfer bonus.
economy plus its 45k on the low so 90k - 25% but I think you can upgrade from economy for cash for a better value not sure if they still do it I always just save my points to do business for 120k. I want to say economy is 30k its been a while but I booked business for 120k best bet IMO is to wait until 330 days or whatever it is for air france and book it right then it opens at like 9pm est the day before.

edit
also if you are going to use UR for hotels 600k can get you pretty much any hyatt.
I've been to Madeleine and park hyatt.
also depends on your stay length ofc.

So he was denied a CIP and then approved for a different biz card? How long between apps?
He messed up on his CIP application because he filled it out too quickly and was denied for that reason. He then applied for the CIU right after finding out that he filled out the CIP application wrong. Before they approved him they called to verify his identity and then approved him.

My sister is getting married tomorrow in the Northern Poconos. I am not attending because I don't have anyone to watch my almost 17-year old dog whose health is very fraglile (and she is hand fed and has to go out several times in the middle of the night). My sister reserved my parents a room at an inn. The room is on the second floor with no elevator. I'm biting my tongue since it's her wedding weekend, but my dad is in such poor health and falls constantly that I have no clue why she didn't think this through. Even getting him from SW Florida to Northern PA was a huge ordeal for my mom, and now this. There is a reason she isn't the favorite. I need to figure out what I can do to help my mom because she is really overwhelmed:(

not sure if you got the cut off or not but if you are 100% going you could do it with 25% less MR with the transfer bonus.
economy plus its 45k on the low so 90k - 25% but I think you can upgrade from economy for cash for a better value not sure if they still do it I always just save my points to do business for 120k. I want to say economy is 30k its been a while but I booked business for 120k best bet IMO is to wait until 330 days or whatever it is for air france and book it right then it opens at like 9pm est the day before.

edit
also if you are going to use UR for hotels 600k can get you pretty much any hyatt.
I've been to Madeleine and park hyatt.
also depends on your stay length ofc.
thanks, maybe I'll just transfer the Cap 1 miles to AF since I'll be closing that account. Then convince the others to use their United FF number but book AF

it's a river cruise and in Normandy there's no name hotels (where we'll be 2 days pre cruise. In paris we'll probably leave the day it gets back (been to paris many times) or I'll use our Hilton 500k Diamond status!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter