I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

My Hilton FNC just posted. The hotel I've been looking at for weeks (Universal City, CA) has changed from having standard room reward availability to only premium room rewards for the date I want to book. I can only book the standard rewards with the FNC (Hilton biz), right? Is Hilton like Bonvoy where reward availability changes frequently? I'm kicking myself now for not meeting the spend sooner.

Press Release from a few days ago that AnnualCreditReport.com will be continuing free credit reports once a week for all bureaus indefinitely.

In case anyone isn't familiar, this site was created by the big 3 CRAs to comply with the law that everyone is entitled to one free report each year from each bureau, without need to show any reason for it. Starting in 2020 they allowed weekly requests to combat increased fraud and changing economic situations, and have been periodically extending it since. As of 9/18/2023 it's extended without an end date.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...-of-free-weekly-credit-reports-301931067.html

My sister is getting married tomorrow in the Northern Poconos. I am not attending because I don't have anyone to watch my almost 17-year old dog whose health is very fraglile (and she is hand fed and has to go out several times in the middle of the night). My sister reserved my parents a room at an inn. The room is on the second floor with no elevator. I'm biting my tongue since it's her wedding weekend, but my dad is in such poor health and falls constantly that I have no clue why she didn't think this through. Even getting him from SW Florida to Northern PA was a huge ordeal for my mom, and now this. There is a reason she isn't the favorite. I need to figure out what I can do to help my mom because she is really overwhelmed:(
Any other guests from the wedding have a floor room and will switch? Does the Inn have a designated handicap room thats open?

My Hilton FNC just posted. The hotel I've been looking at for weeks (Universal City, CA) has changed from having standard room reward availability to only premium room rewards for the date I want to book. I can only book the standard rewards with the FNC (Hilton biz), right? Is Hilton like Bonvoy where reward availability changes frequently? I'm kicking myself now for not meeting the spend sooner.
If its on premium rewards it may switch back but its unlikely. You can move your FNC by calling so Id probably book something and swap if you see it open. And yes, only standard room rewards!

thanks, maybe I'll just transfer the Cap 1 miles to AF since I'll be closing that account. Then convince the others to use their United FF number but book AF

it's a river cruise and in Normandy there's no name hotels (where we'll be 2 days pre cruise. In paris we'll probably leave the day it gets back (been to paris many times) or I'll use our Hilton 500k Diamond status!
yeah the bonus I think ended yesterday.
but yeah you should be good 140k gets you almost to 2 business if you camp it early enough good example is I booked 3 business classes for an upcoming trip for 360k I just looked now and since its dynamic pricing 950k some have sales though as low as 32k right now but I think most of those are gone.

Hi, I'm currently traveling solo (visiting elderly Mom) and I'm flying tomorrow thru ATL (to RDU). I purchased my ticket using my Amex Personal Plat (cash, not points). If I somehow get impacted by Ophelia for the ATL-RDU leg, does Amex offer any help if I'm stuck in ATL overnight? I don't think I'll be impacted but just in case (I haven't checked where the aircraft will be originating prior to the ATL-RDU flight). Nothing from Delta on waiving changes so I presume they think there will be minimal impact.
If you purchased a round trip, there is insurance.
Hoping you're not impacted!!!

My sister is getting married tomorrow in the Northern Poconos. I am not attending because I don't have anyone to watch my almost 17-year old dog whose health is very fraglile (and she is hand fed and has to go out several times in the middle of the night). My sister reserved my parents a room at an inn. The room is on the second floor with no elevator. I'm biting my tongue since it's her wedding weekend, but my dad is in such poor health and falls constantly that I have no clue why she didn't think this through. Even getting him from SW Florida to Northern PA was a huge ordeal for my mom, and now this. There is a reason she isn't the favorite. I need to figure out what I can do to help my mom because she is really overwhelmed:(
It’s amazing how people getting married can be such idiots when it comes to their own parents :(

Any other guests from the wedding have a floor room and will switch? Does the Inn have a designated handicap room thats open?
Very small wedding and I think my parents are the only one at the inn. There are only two rooms on the first floor and neither are available. It’s pretty much the middle of no where so not great options to move them:( it’s just downright dangerous to have him in a second floor room.

Hi, I'm currently traveling solo (visiting elderly Mom) and I'm flying tomorrow thru ATL (to RDU). I purchased my ticket using my Amex Personal Plat (cash, not points). If I somehow get impacted by Ophelia for the ATL-RDU leg, does Amex offer any help if I'm stuck in ATL overnight? I don't think I'll be impacted but just in case (I haven't checked where the aircraft will be originating prior to the ATL-RDU flight). Nothing from Delta on waiving changes so I presume they think there will be minimal impact.
Your trip delay is $500 toward hotel, food, maybe transit to hotel don’t recall specifically. Kicks in at 6 hr delay or overnight. Used it a couple years ago when I stuck in Orlando an extra day. Pretty easy process, just keep your receipts.

I can relate to this sibling dynamic. Are you the oldest by chance? Seems like we oldest kids tend to be caretakers of the family; not always but a lot of the time. Hope your parents stay safe during their travels.
I would keep watching for availability. People's travel plans change all the time. Good luck!

So, you can use Grubhub/Seemless for carry-out?

I’d like to apply for the Gold Card. However, the closest Cheesecake Factory is an hour away, and the closest Shake Shack is two hours away. Our family is not much into food delivery, but I don’t mind carrying home some Mexican or Italian food.

I have used Grubhub for carry-out. The only downside is that a lot of restaurants don't participate in carry-out, but you can filter by the option and it will show you what's available. I'm probably too cheap to have it delivered anyway, but I live just far enough from the closest town that has things like grubhub, uber eats, etc, that we always have to use carry-out to be able to use the credits offered.

I can relate to this sibling dynamic. Are you the oldest by chance? Seems like we oldest kids tend to be caretakers of the family; not always but a lot of the time. Hope your parents stay safe during their travels.

I would keep watching for availability. People's travel plans change all the time. Good luck!
Excellent point and speaking not just as the oldest (which I AM, lol) but I was in the health care field...versus my brother who is a sports journalist, so while I tend to think of "worst case scenarios" constantly whereas he's surrounded by young, healthy athletes and he..does not. His worldview is different...our perspectives are different...and planning a wedding can be stressful and let's be honest, often very self centered...anyway...the world is full of views which vary and isn't that what makes it interesting (but yeah first children get stuff done, frequently...although my DH is the youngest and he's a pretty great guy 💜 )?

She's the oldest and I'm the youngest of four but there were sort of two sets of kids (big age gap between 2 and 3) and somehow the birth order personalities got scrambled. :rotfl2: And thank you. I am holding my breath because if something happens, they are not in the best place for healthcare. I selfishly wish he hadn't been cleared for travel. My brother and SIL will be there today so they can help.

Final thoughts on the RC Maldives: I left a small piece of my heart there and will have to go back and re-claim it! Not on my radar currently, but maybe someday.

The guests the RC was picking up in Male must’ve booked the yacht for their pickup, so I got a lift to the airport in style! It was a super sweet ride and I enjoyed every minute knowing that it was probably a once-in-a-lifetime experience for me.

Spent 3 days and nights in Copenhagen and am now in Stavanger, Norway. From here I’m taking a ferry to Bergen, then flying on to Stockholm and maybe Helsinki before heading home.

DSC03056.jpegIMG_1645.jpegIMG_1671.jpegIMG_1660.jpegIMG_1668.jpegIMG_1667.jpegIMG_1661.jpeg

Good grief. Just got another request from Chase for a w9 from P2. It says the last one was illegible. It was not. UGH. Why can't they put a notice in the account, so I know faster. This was dated a week ago. An upload link would be nice too.
This reminds me of registering my kid for high school a couple months ago. Needed birth certificate, physical, dental and sports physical. I would submit BC, then 3 days later get an email that they didn't get it, then the next time, they couldn't open it, then they couldn't read it. (I even sent it to my sister and asked if she could open it and see it-no problem). Then the physicals are 2 pages but the website only accepts 1 page 🤦‍♀️. It went on and on like this. In the meantime the website won't let you complete registration until everything is accepted. So annoying and stressful.

She's the oldest and I'm the youngest of four but there were sort of two sets of kids (big age gap between 2 and 3) and somehow the birth order personalities got scrambled. :rotfl2: And thank you. I am holding my breath because if something happens, they are not in the best place for healthcare. I selfishly wish he hadn't been cleared for travel. My brother and SIL will be there today so they can help.
I'm the third of four but my siblings all recognize me as the oldest :rotfl:

I feel you, Its hard to know you have to keep everyone together!

I hope your parents have a nice time and get settled back home okay after.

Ugh, I forgot to unfreeze again. I applied for the CIC, but it said I needed to unfreeze TransUnion and call during the week. I'm pushing it a little bit with my pacing, but am hoping for the best. I really need to amass as many SUB points as I can quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter