I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

What's with everyone's DHs being unwilling to call a bank/CC company? It's just a phone call. Was I just very good at training mine and didn't know it? 🤣 🤣
You're not alone. PlanePrincess has no problem calling the bank/cc company. He also has no issues when I need him to speak to the hotels if we are transferring points or FN certificates from his account to mine. His only complaints are flying in economy if the flight is longer than 3 hours and if the airport we are in has no lounge access :laughing:

I have to pay the balance of my RCI cruise in December. I just go an offer on my Amex, expires 12/31-

Get 25,000 additional Membership Rewards® points one-time by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $1,500 in one or more eligible purchases on cruise reservations

My balance is under $1500 by about $50. If I book an excursion or package and pay separately from my balance, the bonus should trigger - right?

What's with everyone's DHs being unwilling to call a bank/CC company? It's just a phone call. Was I just very good at training mine and didn't know it? 🤣 🤣
Yes, yes you were lol…we are married 39 years, he’s never made any phone calls….to set up doctors, pharmacy etc unless he absolutely has to…I should of made him as soon as we got married…too late now

We’re the opposite in my house. I hate calling unless it’s absolutely necessary. I don’t like talking on the phone lol

Same, DH will call even when he has the option to do something online. We just switched car insurance, he spent a lot of time on the phone - I didn't even like being in the room at the same time lol!

What airline do you use to get there? We are on the east coast so I am guessing miles wise it'll be painful unless we reposition to CA
We have flown them ALL. SW, AA, Delta, United.... usually whichever place I have the points is the airline that we choose. American has been the cheapest cash option that I've found.

@GZanta77 I think we were too late on the steakhouse I'm going to try for standby when we check in instead of saying that the other place was booked out the concierge kept recommending other places :) is there a second place you can recommend? we already booked the 2 main stays on the resort, maybe we keep it casual the last night.

@GZanta77 I think we were too late on the steakhouse I'm going to try for standby when we check in instead of saying that the other place was booked out the concierge kept recommending other places :) is there a second place you can recommend? we already booked the 2 main stays on the resort, maybe we keep it casual the last night.

Thats too bad - we booked Nemare through OpenTable app - not seeing any availability until Nov 3 though. No other recommendations to offer - we did enjoy the lower of the two onsite restaurants - think it was a tapas kind of thing. The other restaurant was only open for breakfast when we were there.

My DH will call, but I'm a nervous wreck the whole time lol!

I especially hate if he has to call about a biz card - he knows I get them, but I don't think he loves it. He says just so he doesn't have to go to jail lol!!

Thats too bad - we booked Nemare through OpenTable app - not seeing any availability until Nov 3 though. No other recommendations to offer - we did enjoy the lower of the two onsite restaurants - think it was a tapas kind of thing. The other restaurant was only open for breakfast when we were there.
yeah she got back to me they said the four seasons is actually closed for reservations.
I went on their site to see if i could book it said
Thank you for your interest in Four Seasons Resort Peninsula Papagayo, Costa Rica. The Resort will be closed for an exciting enhancement project between August 1 and October 31, 2023. We look forward to welcoming you to our newly updated Resort from November 1, 2023.

I have to pay the balance of my RCI cruise in December. I just go an offer on my Amex, expires 12/31-

Get 25,000 additional Membership Rewards® points one-time by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $1,500 in one or more eligible purchases on cruise reservations

My balance is under $1500 by about $50. If I book an excursion or package and pay separately from my balance, the bonus should trigger - right?
Which amex card of yours had this offer?

If the charge comes through the same as paying your balance, then it should work. It's different for each cruiseline, but scrolling through Cruise Critic threads, it looks like excursions and packages should work. Other things mentioned are OBC and prepaying gratuities.

Which amex card of yours had this offer?

Had it on biz gold, biz plat, and ED AU. But I didn't look through all my cards after I found it on the ones I wanted.

for anyone that went to the Andaz in costa rica any places nearby that you can recommend off-property? is that dive bar place any good?
There is nothing really conveniently close but we did not try the dive bar. Our day tours included lunch but otherwise we ate at the resort. IMO the biggest negative to our stay there.

Hi all - forgive me if this info is commonly known these days or readily available (I did a search on this thread but didn't see anything on point). I am an experienced churner - going back to 2019 (thanks to this board!).

I have had great success over the past 7 months or so applying for and receiving new Amex Gold Biz or Platinum Biz cards with 70-150k bonus MRs. My household has a high monthly spend so we can hit these minimums without issue. Since March 2023, DH has had 4 gold biz cards approved (march, june, sept 18 and sept 29 - same month). I have received a gold biz (June) and 2 plat biz (Aug and Sept). No issues getting approved for these, and a few we were targeted for. It's been a nice haul!

Today I went to apply for new gold biz cards for both of us using cross referral links, and we were both denied. Originally pending, and then an immediate e-mail with a link to the denial letter. Actually the application status was officially "cancelled" (not denied).

In both letters: "The reason for our decision is we have approved an application for the same type of Card within the last few months."

This wasn't a policy earlier in Sept when DH got 2 gold biz cards in the same month. Has amex finally cracked down on this? Any other insights? Thoughts about how long I should wait to reapply?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

If the charge comes through the same as paying your balance, then it should work. It's different for each cruiseline, but scrolling through Cruise Critic threads, it looks like excursions and packages should work. Other things mentioned are OBC and prepaying gratuities.

Had it on biz gold, biz plat, and ED AU. But I didn't look through all my cards after I found it on the ones I wanted.
I was hoping it was on any cruise reservations lol but I just checked and both of mine are on
Royal. Still not bad a deal if going.

Last edited:
I'm currently 0/24 (I know) and have a significant upcoming spend that I'll be able to put on a credit card (10k+).

Thinking about doing the 90k Venture X (4k minimum spend) + maybe a MDD on the CSP + CSR for 60k each (it's been more than 4 years since my last sapphire)?

Or the Venture X + CIU and save the MDD later?

Am I missing out on something here that would be a better use of that large spend?

Hi all - forgive me if this info is commonly known these days or readily available (I did a search on this thread but didn't see anything on point). I am an experienced churner - going back to 2019 (thanks to this board!).

I have had great success over the past 7 months or so applying for and receiving new Amex Gold Biz or Platinum Biz cards with 70-150k bonus MRs. My household has a high monthly spend so we can hit these minimums without issue. Since March 2023, DH has had 4 gold biz cards approved (march, june, sept 18 and sept 29 - same month). I have received a gold biz (June) and 2 plat biz (Aug and Sept). No issues getting approved for these, and a few we were targeted for. It's been a nice haul!

Today I went to apply for new gold biz cards for both of us using cross referral links, and we were both denied. Originally pending, and then an immediate e-mail with a link to the denial letter. Actually the application status was officially "cancelled" (not denied).

In both letters: "The reason for our decision is we have approved an application for the same type of Card within the last few months."

This wasn't a policy earlier in Sept when DH got 2 gold biz cards in the same month. Has amex finally cracked down on this? Any other insights? Thoughts about how long I should wait to reapply?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Looks like you bumped into the same card 90 days limit. There may be some links that bypass that. I didn't think they were common, but sounds like you ran into them twice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter