I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Mostly non cash-equivalent GCs but I was kind of hoping that I could do some Visa GCs as a workaround to using my AMEX at Costco. I really need to concentrate all spend on this card for the next few months and I'm such a huge spender at Costco. I think I'm just going to have to back off and go to the supermarket/amazon/target to fill the Costco void.

I've often gotten visa gc at the grocery store with my regular grocery trip when working on a sub. They don't get a breakdown of what you buy and I never bought just the gc. I did have to pay the activation fee but I was fine with that since I was only getting one 500 visa gc a month.

Its the no fee cards at office supply I wouldn't do because they can see that. But I would buy a dis or other gc if I had an offer at one, even if it was when working on a sub. I miss those staples and Lowes offers, been forever since amex has had any or that I got one. My Amex offers suck.

Our 22 year old garage door motor has gone. I've been delaying having it looked at, but I got locked out today without my cell phone (I enter the house through the door in the garage). I'm getting the quiet opening model (which apparently has a camera, though I can't see what use that is) and paid extra to have the company installing bring it with them (I didn't feel like going out and buying one myself). So that's $600.00 towards my CIU MSR.

I've often gotten visa gc at the grocery store with my regular grocery trip when working on a sub. They don't get a breakdown of what you buy and I never bought just the gc. I did have to pay the activation fee but I was fine with that since I was only getting one 500 visa gc a month.

Its the no fee cards at office supply I wouldn't do because they can see that. But I would buy a dis or other gc if I had an offer at one, even if it was when working on a sub. I miss those staples and Lowes offers, been forever since amex has had any or that I got one. My Amex offers suck.
Maybe I'll try to sneak in one Visa GC into my regular grocery shopping and see if it tracks for the SUB. Thanks

I just found out that my 14 year old doggie probably has a carcinoma pushing into her bladder. To confirm if it's cancer, they need to do a specialized test on her urine sample from last week, which will cost $400.00. This is after her $700.00 u/s yesterday. Poor girl. She has been drinking and peeing excessively. I am not ready for anything to happen to her -- she's been such a huge part of our lives for the past 14 years :sad:.

National Park peeps, give me your recommendations on Yellowstone please. I decided to limit travel and just save $ but seeing pics of Yellowstone has me rethinking. Is it too late to plan for summer 2025? We can really only travel Spring Break or summer break and ideally the beginning of June. Is this doable at all or totally unrealistic.
I love, love, love Yellowstone. You need to be prepared for lots of driving, though. Everything is far apart and often there are wildlife jams on the road. I recommend Janet Chapple's Yellowstone Treasures as a reference book. It has maps, points of interest, hikes, milestone markers...

June is lovely as you'll get mostly nice weather and the long daylight hours so you can see a lot in a day, plus the babies! Do not drive at night. Too many chances to run into wildlife, literally. I'd also try to take some time for Grand Tetons. It might be my favorite park.

I always suggest staying in the park, we split between Old Faithful area and Canyon area. Inside the park - little to no amenities - no AC, no TV, no WIFI (sometimes you can get a signal at a VC but not like you can stream media). You can stay outside the park and maybe cheaper but you are trading time spent in the car to get into the park vs money. There is nothing like walking over to Old Faithful in the morning to see it erupt!

The NPS app is good and you can download to use offline (see above, no WiFi).

if you stay in the park, use Xanterra to book direct. People fall for some scams booking on other sites. It looks like there is still lots of availability in June. First step I'd do is book lodging. They do charge first night as a deposit but you can cancel up to 30 days prior to your stay.
https://secure.yellowstonenationalp...01-2024&nights=1&adults=1&children=0&rateCode

Enjoy the summer, whatever plans you make.

I just found out that my 14 year old doggie probably has a carcinoma pushing into her bladder. To confirm if it's cancer, they need to do a specialized test on her urine sample from last week, which will cost $400.00. This is after her $700.00 u/s yesterday. Poor girl. She has been drinking and peeing excessively. I am not ready for anything to happen to her -- she's been such a huge part of our lives for the past 14 years :sad:.
So sorry about your pup

I’m so sorry 😢

Did anyone else see this on the Today Show? https://www.today.com/video/joint-federal-hearing-to-focus-on-airline-credit-card-rewards-210561093518?search=credit cards

They interviewed a few people who said they didn't get the SUB as promised, but I'm guessing they didn't meet the dates or something like that. I sure don't want folks who don't know how to play the game ruin it for the rest of us!
I saw that when it aired the other day. They made it sound like they are ripping you off. I have never not gotten a SUB I qualified for.

Mostly non cash-equivalent GCs but I was kind of hoping that I could do some Visa GCs as a workaround to using my AMEX at Costco. I really need to concentrate all spend on this card for the next few months and I'm such a huge spender at Costco. I think I'm just going to have to back off and go to the supermarket/amazon/target to fill the Costco void.
If you have a BJ's around, I prefer them to Costco specifically for this reason. I earn all my SUBs there, plus 5% Wholesale Clubs on Discover when they run it, and at minimum 2X MR on Blue Business Plus. Plus they always have discounted Disney Gift Cards in stock while at Costco they come and go.

I saw that when it aired the other day. They made it sound like they are ripping you off. I have never not gotten a SUB I qualified for.
The agents who push the cards are often very dishonest about points redemption values. A SUB might be 60,000 points or whatever, but they won't describe it that way. They'll describe it as "enough for 2 round trip domestic flights" and things like that, which may or may not be true.

Yep. I see it online from time to time and it's mostly people who see the "get $600 when you open this card" part and they don't finish the sentence that says "when you spend X in Y number of months." Then they don't hit the MSR and complain.

I know it can happen to people who do everything right but it doesn't seem common at all.

I love, love, love Yellowstone. You need to be prepared for lots of driving, though. Everything is far apart and often there are wildlife jams on the road. I recommend Janet Chapple's Yellowstone Treasures as a reference book. It has maps, points of interest, hikes, milestone markers...

June is lovely as you'll get mostly nice weather and the long daylight hours so you can see a lot in a day, plus the babies! Do not drive at night. Too many chances to run into wildlife, literally. I'd also try to take some time for Grand Tetons. It might be my favorite park.

I always suggest staying in the park, we split between Old Faithful area and Canyon area. Inside the park - little to no amenities - no AC, no TV, no WIFI (sometimes you can get a signal at a VC but not like you can stream media). You can stay outside the park and maybe cheaper but you are trading time spent in the car to get into the park vs money. There is nothing like walking over to Old Faithful in the morning to see it erupt!

The NPS app is good and you can download to use offline (see above, no WiFi).

if you stay in the park, use Xanterra to book direct. People fall for some scams booking on other sites. It looks like there is still lots of availability in June. First step I'd do is book lodging. They do charge first night as a deposit but you can cancel up to 30 days prior to your stay.
https://secure.yellowstonenationalp...01-2024&nights=1&adults=1&children=0&rateCode

Enjoy the summer, whatever plans you make.
Thanks for all the info. I'm thinking for next summer, so it seems I have time. This summer is booked with soccer tournaments, San Diego and teaching my kid to drive 😬

Thanks for all the info. I'm thinking for next summer, so it seems I have time. This summer is booked with soccer tournaments, San Diego and teaching my kid to drive 😬
Sorry didn’t see the 2025. Most people plan about a year ahead, at least on lodging. So you’ve got plenty of time. If you are limited to going only at certain times, I would book lodging as soon as it opens. For the entire month of June 2025, in park lodging opens June 5th 2024 and for July 2025 it opens July 5th. A little unique.

Extremely frustrated. Venture X is giving my wife a hard time by not giving her credit for my salary in her household income calculations, despite the fact that credit applications are *specifically* supposed to include all of the income someone has access to for applicants over 21.

We've run into this once before with Amex Platinum, and it's infuriating.
Update: We're now on Day 10 (Business Day 8) of our "3 to 5 day" review and still not a peep from Capital One.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter