• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

IMPORTANT - 11/30 MAGIC CRUISE HAS BEEN CANCELLED (11/30 Cruisers Discuss Here)

kellygirl -

Just FYI, you don't have to wait for the coupon to get the 50% off. We rebooked with DVC points and have friends who rebooked with a regular reservation and we both got the 50% off.

Sorry to hear about your recent troubles. If it's any comfort "they" say things come in threes. From my calculations the cancelled cruise, the broken wrist and the accident add up to three so you should be in the clear for a while. ;)

Michelle - did you confirmation for the rebooked cruise list the full amount of points needed? or just list half? Our confirmation listed all the points even though they told me it's only half. There wont be a problem will there?

We haven't received our confirmation yet but I am expecting it to list the full amount normally required for the cruise. I had to call back to ask a couple of questions and the way the MS CM read it off to me it listed 198 points per adult even though we only used 99 per adult. Because of this (and your experience) I am expecting it to have the higher points rate listed.

I am not expecting any problems...but then again, I never do. ;) We wouldn't have had the points necessary to book 4 adults for the full points amount so there is absolutely no way they could have charged us that many.

I am absolutely thrilled because even though I used points to stay at a WDW resort this year (which I never would have done otherwise) I am now able to cruise next October and stay at OKW for a week afterwards and I'll still have points left in my '04 use year. Not bad!

We haven't received our confirmation yet but I am expecting it to list the full amount normally required for the cruise. I had to call back to ask a couple of questions and the way the MS CM read it off to me it listed 198 points per adult even though we only used 99 per adult. Because of this (and your experience) I am expecting it to have the higher points rate listed.

I am not expecting any problems...but then again, I never do. ;) We wouldn't have had the points necessary to book 4 adults for the full points amount so there is absolutely no way they could have charged us that many.

I am absolutely thrilled because even though I used points to stay at a WDW resort this year (which I never would have done otherwise) I am now able to cruise next October and stay at OKW for a week afterwards and I'll still have points left in my '04 use year. Not bad!

BTW Barb, what category did you end up with?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter