• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In Room H2O Products Now in Large Shareable Bottles?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always have to place the different bottles in different places in the shower because I can't read the labels without my glasses so it will certainly help with that.

Yup - shampoo bottle always goes in front of conditioner bottle.

I always bring my own product, so it makes no difference to me. And I agree with whomever posted - I can never get the lotion out of those little bottles anyways! :)

I have stayed at many nice hotels and have never seen this set up - however, I know some gyms have it from what i've heard. Regardless of whether or not other "fancy" hotels do this, I can't help but think it's just plain tacky and cheap for a resort that is $400+ a night! The deluxe resorts get "higher quality" products as an amenity but placing those products in sharable machines just doesn't look right. What next? rationing toilet paper? Maybe we can get our toiletries from a vending machine "magically" for an extra fee in the future - I mean, is this where it's heading? I'm being sarcastic and extreme, I know, but you know the cost savings (if any) will not be passed on to us. I'll defend Disney decisions almost all the time but I can't with this one - and I really hope this doesn't happen.

I know I'm whining, but that's annoying. Even when all of our little bottles are the only thing in the trash that housekeeping dumps out for us, they don't replace the ones in the shower! I have to call. It gets old day after day. Last spring I finally placed a call to housekeeping and asked them to make a note to replace our toiletries every day. Does this only happen to us? From these posts I get the feeling that everyone's toiletries are replaced daily.

The larger communal bottles would solve my problem for sure, but I just want my vacation to feel like a vacation. I'm not at the gym, don't make me feel guilty for it by putting large pump bottles in the shower!

It's weird that you have to make a note to have your toiletries replaced every day. We stow ours away everyday (all of them, even those in the shower) and housekeeping always gives us new bottles. (We also tip them everyday, though I'm not sure this makes a difference.)

For us, these bottles are just part of the hotel experience. We take them home as souvenir, and we often take them out the next time we plan our next vacation, just as a reminder how much we like Disney's.

I already bring my own soap. I'll have to bring my own shampoo and conditioner because no way will I use those communal bottles.

Those locks don't look very sturdy - the locks look like they'd be pretty easy to pick or break and who knows what guests would do to the products when they leave. Just the idea bugs me - yuck.
Plus I don't see housekeeping cleaning the area very well. They barely do the dusting in the rooms.

I hope Disney decides this won't work.

[QUOTE I bring Clorox wipes and wipe down the table and high chair for my toddler whenever we go out to eat. I use hand sanitizer on him and on myself at restaurants. I also put hand sanitizer on him in the car if we've been somewhere I consider dirty (library, playground, etc.)][/QUOTE]

Isn't this what causes a major problem nowadays with antibiotic resistant bacteria? And I just saw a study this week saying antibacterial soaps can cause birth defects. Just wash your hands with soap and water and don't obsess about germs. Besides kids need to be exposed to develop their immune systems!

I remember those in the shower at the values hated them then and I will hate them now. Just curious (if anyone knows as this is just a trial) will they still be giving you bars of soap so you can wash your hands at the sink? I really don't think going into the shower to squirt soap on my hands and then back to the sink is something I want to do.

Last edited:
[QUOTE I bring Clorox wipes and wipe down the table and high chair for my toddler whenever we go out to eat. I use hand sanitizer on him and on myself at restaurants. I also put hand sanitizer on him in the car if we've been somewhere I consider dirty (library, playground, etc.)][/QUOTE]

Isn't this what causes a major problem nowadays with antibiotic resistant bacteria? And I just saw a study this week saying antibacterial soaps can cause birth defects. Just wash your hands with soap and water and don't obsess about germs. Besides kids need to be exposed to develop their immune systems![/QUOTE]

Most hand sanitizers are just alcohol now and are very effective at germicide.

If you're thinking of triclosan, I believe that is banned in hand soaps now.

I remember those in the shower at the values hated them then and I will hate them now. Just curious (if anyone knows as this is just a trial) will they still be giving you bars of soap so you can wash your hands at the sink? I really don't want to have to go into the shower to squirt soap on my hands and then back to the sink is something I want to do.

I've started to bring a small bottle of pump hand soap with me. A tip I got on the Dis somewhere. Soooo much nicer than those little bars, and a lot less messy.

My husband loves the Disney H20 soaps. I can see exactly what's going to happen if this communal dispenser is in our room--my husband will end up emptying the whole thing into his own containers before he leaves rather than buying the stuff from the gift shop.

I imagine most of these communal dispensers will end up being broken soon though, they don't look particularly sturdy to me.

I wonder if this is another step toward reducing housekeeping. Fewer calls requesting items if there aren't individual toiletries anymore. There were a lot of people on the threads regarding a gift card instead of housekeeping that were calling for toiletries, and towels, so if they can eliminate even a third of those calls, it cuts down on labor even further.

I bring my own shampoo and conditioner, so I guess I'll have to start bringing my own soap as well. I don't share toiletries at home where I know the people I would be sharing with. I'm certainly not going to share with strangers . . . :crazy2:

I wonder if this is another step toward reducing housekeeping. Fewer calls requesting items if there aren't individual toiletries anymore. There were a lot of people on the threads regarding a gift card instead of housekeeping that were calling for toiletries, and towels, so if they can eliminate even a third of those calls, it cuts down on labor even further.

I bring my own shampoo and conditioner, so I guess I'll have to start bringing my own soap as well. I don't share toiletries at home where I know the people I would be sharing with. I'm certainly not going to share with strangers . . . :crazy2:

Maybe THIS is what this is all about:
  • specific buildings for guests that requested to skip housekeeping, in exchange for a gift card
  • other buildings for guests that want to have regular housekeeping
This would make sense, as they started the trial with one building that is both a preferred location and a building with King beds.

[QUOTE I bring Clorox wipes and wipe down the table and high chair for my toddler whenever we go out to eat. I use hand sanitizer on him and on myself at restaurants. I also put hand sanitizer on him in the car if we've been somewhere I consider dirty (library, playground, etc.)]

Isn't this what causes a major problem nowadays with antibiotic resistant bacteria? And I just saw a study this week saying antibacterial soaps can cause birth defects. Just wash your hands with soap and water and don't obsess about germs. Besides kids need to be exposed to develop their immune systems![/QUOTE]

My son isn't tall enough to reach the sink yet in most places, so I need to use hand sanitizer on him. And I prefer to wipe down surfaces when he's going to be eating.

When he was hospitalized, we first went to the ER at the hospital in my city. Unfortunately, we don't have a pediatric hospital here, so we had to travel via ambulance 35 miles away to a different hospital to be admitted. The entire process took about 6 hours from walking into the first ER until we got to our room in the second hospital. It was 2:15 am.

Like I said, I try not to be too crazy about germs. I don't chase him around with hand sanitizer all day long. But if he's been somewhere super germy or is going to be eating, yeah, I'm going to use it. I understand that their immune systems have to be built up, but I (and my wallet) wasn't really thrilled to be taking an ambulance ride with a very sick, very exhausted 18 month old in the middle of the night. I'd really prefer not to do that again.

Maybe THIS is what this is all about:
  • specific buildings for guests that requested to skip housekeeping, in exchange for a gift card
  • other buildings for guests that want to have regular housekeeping
This would make sense, as they started the trial with one building that is both a preferred location and a building with King beds.

That is an interesting scenario - but I can see it being very problematic from a guest relations standpoint. Are people going to be willing to give up their specifically requested (sometimes down to the room number) rooms in order to skip housekeeping? Or are they going to be raising a ruckus because only people willing to pay for housekeeping get to be in certain areas of the resort? Or will it be a separate booking category - room with housekeeping and room without, letting you know in advance whether it's in a preferred area or not? Interesting to say the least . . .

I use the soap dispenser in the rest room since it's hands only, but that's followed up by a Wet One before eating or drinking anything. I wouldn't consider my hands clean enough to eat with after washing in a public restroom (whether it involved opening doors to exit or not).

Nope, won't do it. I only want to use items where I break the seal. Will not use these shared items. Who knows who put what in there. Won't do it.
There were no seals on the small bottles. There's nothing saying they didn't leave those from the last people that didn't use them. (They aren't supposed to, but nothing saying they don't)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter