Is this person on FB in charge of Fish Extender?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone can probably explain it better, but basically this woman has a huge FB Page (actually two) where you can join and people post their gift ideas for FE and discuss their cruise. She runs both pages and they have a lot of members. Because there are so many members, it’s the most popular place on FB to find other people sailing in your cruise date. You can start your own page for your cruise date, but in order for her to agree to link you in the FB group, she makes you agree to her rules. She also can come to your page and take control of it.

Before coming here to ask this question I assumed she had invented the concept and was in charge of it...
She might make admins of cruise specific groups agree to "the rules" before posting their link to the big page. She can only take over that cruise specific group if the admin makes her admin. Our cruise group is linked on that big page, but she can't come to our group and control it unless we let her now. She could remove the link for our page if something drew her attention to us though. lol.

I have talked with several who have changed their dates of their cruise because of these Junkies. There is no way I am going on a cruise with them either! So I am also changing my dates, though I have a feeling she will not be on the cruise, just trying to take over the pages. They obviously have a financial gain to treat others so rude and controlling. And since it is their page who lists the cruise dates and meet/group pages they feel they can control who, who and where. Working on changing this...inbox me for more info.

Sorry if this is a repeat, but they only display the links for the FB groups. When I’ve joined my groups I’ve always gone through another FB group that I joined “Disney cruise meet Facebook group”. I think the owner of that site does a good job.

If it's the group I'm thinking of, the Admin profits off FE because that person owns a shop that makes stuff for them. And yes, if you make decisions like taking a group secret, cutting off FE, etc. , they then ban you from the group and the admin's band of buddies ban you from their groups too. So childish.

Last edited:
I had no idea about that virtual monopoly on Disney on fb! I am a member of the primary cruise group, but I hid it from my feed b/c it was taking it over. Meanwhile, I check into disboards on a near-daily basis. Guess you can figure out which one I find more useful and friendly! :) I sure hope I never encounter a cruise group that they're running.

Yes, there is the Junkies, the FE Sell and swap and the directory which lists the cruises and the links to the FB pages.
October 2017 I formed a page for a Wonder cruise in 2019, formed a small group and another gentleman also wanted to admin, we joined up. Last week Ali and Amy (the above mentioned ladies) "invaded" the cruise page stating it is the Junkie Cruise and went about posting rules, FE and just wanted to take over. Knowing what I was dealing with I said no way! Amy came guns blazing accusing me of running the page as an advertising (I am a new disney travel planner) which I had never mentioned anything about TA, etc..I inbox her. Amy's response, "Oh and your page will be removed from the majority of the pages that list cruise groups. Power in numbers..."
Diana is another treat on there. Lots of nastiness in that group if they don't like what you're doing.

I had no idea that this even occurred and feel grateful I've been able to avoid it all of these years. My first group was Disney Cruising, Mark's group, and it's a really nice, laid back group... Sure from time to time there is drama but the admins are pretty good about nipping the drama quickly and many of the admins are nice. I have actually met Mark in person on a cruise and he and his family are really nice.

I have always found my FE lists through the cruise FB groups that are recorded in Mark's Disney Cruising group. So it sounds like these Junkies people do the same thing where they have a master list of cruising FB groups? No one from Mark's group comes into our groups and tries to run the show... they (FB cruise groups) operate independently and we just use Mark's group to check the inventory on where the new FB cruise groups are (or advertise a new group if you start one). I am an admin for the first time for the FB cruise group for a 2019 cruise and knock on wood but there is zero drama and it's extremely easy to manage and there really is no need for heavy-handed
administration... that gal sounds a little cray and I'll keep my eye out for her... yowza

Last edited:
Mark's group is great, as are a few others. The one being discussed is just an awful outlier, IMO.

Where you run into trouble is trying to advertise your group among a bunch of groups that maintain lists. The unknowing will list it on one of A.K.'s groups and then you run into issues later when she tries to assert authority on what you can and can't do with your group.

It blows my mind she would have her hand in so many groups... how the heck do people have that much time on their hands? I can totally see a new person though feeling as though they would have to follow her rules "or else" if she has that much power and brand in the main Cruise Junkies pages.... which is likely the reason for the OP to post this question to begin with... if it is all you know then I would assume I would have to follow her rules as well.... it doesn't work like that in any other DCL cruise group I've ever experienced - total independence once you're in your specific cruise group.... totally agree that this group must be an outlier

This post makes me second-guessed pixie dusting. I would hate to spend money on fun little gifts for children just to have them thrown away by egotistical people like this woman who are “above“ such things. Since when are bubbles, tattoos, and the like not good enough for the little kids?

Wow, I knew exactly who you were talking about before I read further and found her and her FB Page's name. Yes it is quite controlling. If she finds out about this thread she will flip her lid and we will all be banned! lol

However, I will say that I've been in 4 different cruise specific pages on FB that have all been wonderful. And I've even shared admin responsibilities on one of them. All of the cruise date specific groups have provided tons of info on planning and just sharing experiences and opinions. They have all included FE signups but have never been the sole purpose of the group. The admin of the mega page has never been in one of my sailing groups thankfully.

I used to get the same info / experience here on the DIS but unfortunately the FB groups are just more popular now.

This post makes me second-guessed pixie dusting. I would hate to spend money on fun little gifts for children just to have them thrown away by egotistical people like this woman who are “above“ such things. Since when are bubbles, tattoos, and the like not good enough for the little kids?
The bubbles I referred to was not her posting but some one else. Granted My son might roll his eyes getting bubbles ( though when i think about it he might actually like it!). There might be some disappointment but I am not going to start a thread on it arguing there is no excuse for this as we all have months to plan, buy, create and son’s age was known.

Wow, I knew exactly who you were talking about before I read further and found her and her FB Page's name. Yes it is quite controlling. If she finds out about this thread she will flip her lid and we will all be banned! lol
Someone posted in our cruise group and it sounds like she knows about this thread. I wouldn't know personally because I have been banned and blocked from her groups lol.

I had no idea that this even occurred and feel grateful I've been able to avoid it all of these years. My first group was Disney Cruising, Mark's group, and it's a really nice, laid back group... Sure from time to time there is drama but the admins are pretty good about nipping the drama quickly and many of the admins are nice. I have actually met Mark in person on a cruise and he and his family are really nice.
Disney Cruising is great they allowed our new Disney Cruise group to be posted there. The admins of the Junkies page tried to keep them from posting it. I can't imagine having that much time on my hands to stalk a different sailing group and try to keep it from being posted in other groups. I miss when DIS was the main place for cruising groups.

Wow. I knew she was crazy and ridiculously controlling but I had no idea just how bad it is. I get most of my info here on the DIS.

Totally sure. She did it to one of our cruises a few years ago. Set up the FB page as if she was cruising too, maintained the FE group with strict rules. Apparently she does it all the time, you would never know the difference, and claims she is "helping". When we asked her to "give back" the FE to those actually cruising she refused...

That sounds awful. Our group is still ok but I’d quit before I’d put up with her being in there.

Thanks for posting that group name, I had not even known about about it! It gives me a much needed alternative :)

Me too. Going to check it out today.

The bad one is Junkies. That's the husband/wife. I've never noticed the other one being ridiculous.

Yep. That’s the crazy one I was thinking of.

Never heard of Junkies! I’m speaking about the one with over 33k members. Run by A.K...

That is Junkies.

Me, too. We have limitations as to what we can pack and I was just planning to make a few extra magnets. But perhaps they don’t be appreciated now. I hate when bad pekple ruin good things. Oh and I’m an adult and still love bubbles.

We love pixie dusting!!! My kids are older, we don't do the FE. But have been left little gifts twice. I use them both-they warmed my heart! How nice is that, someone to leave you a little bit of a surprise! There are people who appreciate the generosity and little tokens left. I'm not sure I know of these groups. I belong to two small groups on that social media site to discuss Alaska cruises and our specific cruise week. They are really nice. Glad I landed there because otherwise I do not think I would be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter