Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Thinking about staying at Kidani this summer. Need to figure out a few things:
1. How to get to the Mara from Kidani?
2. Is there a station for the refillable mug at Kidani?
3. Are guests at Kidani allowed to use the pool at Jambo house?

Thanks.

1. You can walk. There is also a shuttle that runs between the two buildings.
2. You can refill your mug at Johari treasures which is in the lobby, and at the pool bar when it’s open.
3. Yes

My fiancé and I are set to stay for one night in March with a friends dvc points that were set to expire. We have a one bedroom value booked at Jambo but after reading its a ghost town, I’m not sure if we should keep it or see if she can change it to something else. ...thoughts???
we had planned to just do a resort only staycation (no parks even though we have APs)

My fiancé and I are set to stay for one night in March with a friends dvc points that were set to expire. We have a one bedroom value booked at Jambo but after reading its a ghost town, I’m not sure if we should keep it or see if she can change it to something else. ...thoughts???
we had planned to just do a resort only staycation (no parks even though we have APs)

How did you envision your time there?

If you weren't hoping to eat at Jiko or Boma, then it doesn't matter if they are closed. If you weren't hoping to have lunch or dinner at The Mara, then it doesn't matter that the restaurant isn't serving those meals. Shopping in the gift shop? Chatting with international cast members? It's hard to know if you would be disappointed without knowing what you were hoping to do while you are there.

We enjoyed our stay at a quiet Jambo in August. The pool was not crowded and all of the animal viewing areas are available. We did go over to Kidani for one breakfast and one dinner at Sanaa

Thanks everyone for the feedback! Just a few questions:
- We enjoy the resort mugs, can you use them at the pool bars at either resort (when they are open)
- is there still the shuttle that runs between the resorts?

I'm doing a 1 week September (7-14) trip in a 1 Bedroom Value Villa, hoping that Boma and Jiko are open by then, also hoping Canada gets its act together with vaccinations, and the border will be open so we can go.

Last edited:
Staying at Kidani the end of March with DD (13) and DS (4). DD will still have virtual school for a couple days so I figured either I or my husband can take DS around the resort to see the animals and splash in the pool while she does classwork until early afternoon. Does anyone know if the kids splash zone will be open by then? I read it was closed and we actually switched from Poly since the Kiki Splash zone is set to be closed Feb - Mar (plus the construction!). Hoping that spring break may have them opening up some of these features...

Staying at Kidani the end of March with DD (13) and DS (4). DD will still have virtual school for a couple days so I figured either I or my husband can take DS around the resort to see the animals and splash in the pool while she does classwork until early afternoon. Does anyone know if the kids splash zone will be open by then? I read it was closed and we actually switched from Poly since the Kiki Splash zone is set to be closed Feb - Mar (plus the construction!). Hoping that spring break may have them opening up some of these features...

Hmmm, I may be missing something (and if I am I’m sure someone will correct me), but I don’t think Uwanja Camp is closed.

Upcoming stay 8/18-25, 8/27-30 AKL
Hope the restaurants open up before then.
August
8/15 - 8/22 GinnyBear's_mom - AKL
8/17 - 8/21 Wayland10 - Kidani
8/18 - 8/25 myth2001 AKL
8/27 - 8/30 myth2001 - AKL
8/30 - 9/3 Naglejen - Kidani

Hmmm, I may be missing something (and if I am I’m sure someone will correct me), but I don’t think Uwanja Camp is closed.
really!? That would be great news! I think I read on an earlier post in this thread within the last month that the splash pad was closed. Can anyone confirm if it's open or closed now? Fingers crossed!

Has anyone been recently to Jambo House know what activities are open? Community Hall? Movies at Night? Anything else?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter