January 2010. . . Anyone else going???

I just got back and checked out my photo pass pics. Our one taken where we were supposed to be holding Tink was missing. Also the one where they took pics of me holding both frogs, no frogs so the one where I was supposed to be kissing a frog looks totally weird. Can they add the frogs after you return home????

I had a couple of pictures like that too. It looked silly kissing nothing. (these were for my friends). We had lots of photopass pictures taken and not one of the photographers did anything fun with the pictures AT ALL. I'm wondering (for future reference) if you can ask the photographers to do some fun stuff.

We leave tomorrow!! I'm anxious to get the flight behind us (3 little kids and one air-phobic husband) and then I can relax and enjoy!

Hi everyone.... been back since last Sat night. I sort of boycott the DisBoards after my trips because I'm *so* sad that the trip is over and just can't deal. I still can't believe that it's come and gone already. I need to start planning the next trip without Dh knowing. LOL.

We had a great week. There was rain, but it never affected us (either overnight or early morning). All this worrying about rain and it doesn't become a factor! We brought wayyyyyy too many warm weather clothes. Only needed 2 pairs of pants and no long sleeved shirts (if you get cold, you wear your jacket).

I *did* notice a lot of damage to plants, especially in AK from the major cold spell they had in the early part of January. They were doing a lot of new planting, especially the annuals (Flowers) that you see all over the hotels & parks, so things look a lot better just a week later.

We met a lot of characters we hadn't seen yet... Jiminy Cricket (Rafiki's planet watch), Alice in Wonderland (UK), Marie (France), Brer Rabbit (outside AK), Thumper and Miss Bunny (Camp Minnie Mickey), The Queen (from Snow White) in the Animation Studio.

Big hint... do *not* go to DHS on a Fantasmic night if you aren't seeing the show. We changed our plans for that day, went to DHS on a different day and regretted it big time. It was a low crowd time, but it looked like Florida threw up every single tourist into the DHS park. Blah!

For everyone just getting ready to go, have a blast!!! :wizard:

:cool1::banana: yippee!
Hi everyone.... been back since last Sat night. I sort of boycott the DisBoards after my trips because I'm *so* sad that the trip is over and just can't deal. I still can't believe that it's come and gone already. I need to start planning the next trip without Dh knowing. LOL.

We had a great week. There was rain, but it never affected us (either overnight or early morning). All this worrying about rain and it doesn't become a factor! We brought wayyyyyy too many warm weather clothes. Only needed 2 pairs of pants and no long sleeved shirts (if you get cold, you wear your jacket).

I *did* notice a lot of damage to plants, especially in AK from the major cold spell they had in the early part of January. They were doing a lot of new planting, especially the annuals (Flowers) that you see all over the hotels & parks, so things look a lot better just a week later.

We met a lot of characters we hadn't seen yet... Jiminy Cricket (Rafiki's planet watch), Alice in Wonderland (UK), Marie (France), Brer Rabbit (outside AK), Thumper and Miss Bunny (Camp Minnie Mickey), The Queen (from Snow White) in the Animation Studio.

Big hint... do *not* go to DHS on a Fantasmic night if you aren't seeing the show. We changed our plans for that day, went to DHS on a different day and regretted it big time. It was a low crowd time, but it looked like Florida threw up every single tourist into the DHS park. Blah!

For everyone just getting ready to go, have a blast!!! :wizard:

Hope you get over your blues soon! Its hard.. i do the same thing! But sounds like you hat a great trip!:thumbsup2

We leave home tomorrow morning, board the plane Thursday morning, and by the evening will be checking out the Giraffes at AKL!:hippie::dance3::cloud9:

Guess I better start packing... ;)

We have been here since sunday...wow sooo great!!! Weather is great..wind a bit chilly at times. Monday morning we woke to POURING rain but by the time we were done breakfast the sun was coming through and we had a perfect hot day at epcot!! Today was chilly with wind but sun was out which was great. We did MGM (I know hollywood studios) and tommorrow AK is on the plans. Ate at Teppan Edo..WOW yummy!!!
Kidani is great as usual!!! So fun and sooo relaxing!!!!
Soaking up as much of the sun as I can get.
Louise

One more day ... 40 more hours ... 2 more sleeps and we'll be on our way!! :banana: 9-10 hour drive leaving at 1am Friday! pixiedust: We should be there by noon local time!

Finally got time to post.....

We were there last weekend. The weather was amazing. It did rain overnight--woke up Fri morning to tornado warnings near the coast. But it kept down the crowds. In 3 hours at MK, we rode 7 rides and had breakfast at CRT. For once we had no travel delays. Everything went smooth.

Talked to some locals who thought MK was crowded Sat. night. Of course, it was the first nice weekend of Jan and it brought out locals. They made it crowded. But the afternoon wasn't so bad. And it's still nothing compared to summer.

Epcot was crowded Fri night. Went back Sunday night and had the place to ourselves. What a difference.

Again, what's crowded in Jan is empty in summer. We loved it. Sigh.....

Hey, so you are there NOW? If you would like to take a moment for something special, there is a "Hidden Mickey for Haiti" at the Coronado Springs Resort. Want to know more? Check out this thread:
disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2383146

Please consider taking advantage of this opportunity to help those in a trying time AND have fun at the same time. Maybe there is a good lesson here that you can teach your children.

Thanks,

Slippy

Okay okay...we leave tommorrow..sooooo SAD!!!!:sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

Nathaniel got to ride on the Aladdin's Magic Carpets with Princess Jasmine this morning..what a magical experience for us!! She was soooo lovely!!! The weather today is so so...just starting to rain.

I want to go back already and I am not even gone yet. We went to the boardwalk yesterday (never been before)..LOVED IT!! We had the sandwhiches at the boardwalk bakery (YUM!!)
Louise
Already thinking about December or January 2011

We're back! Had a great time and weather was good. It got chilly at times soo a sweater and pants were a must especially for the evening. Yesterday was super cold.

Hey Friends! :goodvibes

We are currently in Minneapolis for the night. Arrived here late this afternoon from Orlando! Had an amazing trip. Magic was super abundant - good times for all! I will hopefully start my TR this week! Check my siggie for a link soon!

Weather was AWESOME!!! Yesterday was cold as lizzie said but every other day was so nice! High 70s all week! :cool1:

Just made it back late yesterday and more fun than should be aloud. Both resorts were wonderful, except for the rather large convention that seemed to take over all restaurants and bars in the entire boardwalk area... more to come on that later.

I hope everyone had a fantastic trip like we did!

Just got home last night. I miss it already!!! Couldn't have asked for better weather (except Sunday - that was cold!!). Love the Boardwalk, so much going on. I hate that it's all over, but have a trip report to look forward to!

We're back too! Great weather, Great times, Lots of Magic!
I'm tired and my body is not liking this Canadian Cold weather!
I am planning to write a trip report, but need to decompress from the vacation ! :goodvibes

Glad to hear everyone had a magical time.

Glad everyone is making it home safe and sound! Sounds like we all had decent weather!

Can't wait to read all the Trip Reports! I'm working on getting one started soon too. :goodvibes

Not soon enough! I wish I could say next year but I think my DH is a little Disneyed out at the moment. I'm hoping for late November/early December 2012 which seems like SOOOOO far away right away. We have some things to do to our house that will take the funds away for a while. I'll see what I can do between now and then though to bump it up a little earlier. ;)

Got back on Monday.....Great time....Weather was perfect, although, as said Sunday was a bit on the cool side, only got to about 50. Felt like 30 at times. As for being my first solo trip, I loved it and would recommend it to any one who is on the fence about traveling to the world alone. Not quite Disneyed out here.......Going back in Nov. of this year with the whole family. It will be my 3 year old twin nephews first visit, and I am very excited to be able to go with them. Glad to here everyone had a good time. Talk to you snowbirds later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter