Josh Duggar's Trial Begins Today... GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS!

"Yes. We really felt like that they – that Josh – we were thankful that he came and told us what had happened, which that was a big step, because we didn’t catch him doing something, but he came and told us. But he had crossed some lines and he was right at that age of curiosity of, you know, right at 14 years old where your hormones start kicking in," he said.

Oh dear lord.... The vast majority of people in this world manage to not molest people when their hormones start kicking in. It wasn't his hormones, you raised a disgusting human JB.
Now, according to Bobye Holt’s testimony, the timeline has changed. She named specific incidents that occurred years apart, starting when Josh was 12. The molestations continued for at least 2-3 years. It was not some aberrant behavior that happened a couple of times while the girls slept and without their knowledge like Jim Bob tried to claim. One of the incidents happened during bible study where, presumably, other family members were present. That’s incredibly bold predatory behavior.

Isn't he running for state office in Arkansas? I doubt his life suffering, and if it is he brought it upon himself. I doubt he would ever support his daughters because of his religion.
He's running again?
I suspect he is concerned about money. He's still supporting about 10 young kids, he's probably going to be supporting Josh's family when he goes to jail, and he seems to be subsidizing some of his more compliant adult children (for example, doesn't Ben, who has four kids, work as a part-time handyman?). That requires a great deal of money ... and even if he is elected, it's not going to pay what the show paid.
I didn’t even think of this. Wow.
Neither did Anna! Sorry, had to be said.
She should have stayed to see exactly how disgusting her husband is.
She probably "wasn't allowed" to attend.
And, in all seriousness, doesn't she have a newborn? That'd make it hard for her to attend.
Oh dear lord.... The vast majority of people in this world manage to not molest people when their hormones start kicking in. It wasn't his hormones, you raised a disgusting human JB.
Agree ... but the parents put the kids in a tough position: Most kids are in school and out in the community when those hormones kick in. Most 14-year old boys get a chance to see girls in socially-appropriate situations: they are allowed to take a girl to a school dance, to hold hands in the hallway at school, to share a kiss in the dark at the movies. Through those innocent, socially-appropriate 14-year old experiences, most boys are able to vent those hormones.
By completely shutting down all age-appropriate social interaction with the opposite sex, these parents put Josh's hormones into a pressure cooker. Of course, he's the one who made the bad choices, but his parents set up a poor environment for teens to get to know one another /to learn about the opposite sex. They contributed to his bad choices.

He's running again?
I suspect he is concerned about money. He's still supporting about 10 young kids, he's probably going to be supporting Josh's family when he goes to jail, and he seems to be subsidizing some of his more compliant adult children (for example, doesn't Ben, who has four kids, work as a part-time handyman?). That requires a great deal of money ... and even if he is elected, it's not going to pay what the show paid.
Yup! For state senate https://www.jimbobduggar.com/

It doesn't pay that much, and from what I remember it's really only part-time since the legislative session is only a few months out of the year. He'll have to find another way to scam Arkansans. I laugh at his campaign being "pro-family" during this entire trial. You're not pro-family if you let your son molest your daughters for years.

Unless Jim Bob has a secret gambling habit, I doubt he's hurting for money; his real estate holdings alone were valued at $4.4M this time last year. (He did, after all, stiff his children out of their share of the TLC compensation, which was a LOT of money, as there were residuals for years.) Josh's defense isn't coming cheap, but there's a lot of money in Jim-Bob's portfolio.

I think turning to politics again is his way of attempting to rehabilitate the brand, but that ship has sailed; no way he's going to manage to do that unless Josh dies young.

He's running again?
Neither did Anna! Sorry, had to be said.
She probably "wasn't allowed" to attend.
And, in all seriousness, doesn't she have a newborn? That'd make it hard for her to attend.
Agree ... but the parents put the kids in a tough position: Most kids are in school and out in the community when those hormones kick in. Most 14-year old boys get a chance to see girls in socially-appropriate situations: they are allowed to take a girl to a school dance, to hold hands in the hallway at school, to share a kiss in the dark at the movies. Through those innocent, socially-appropriate 14-year old experiences, most boys are able to vent those hormones.
By completely shutting down all age-appropriate social interaction with the opposite sex, these parents put Josh's hormones into a pressure cooker. Of course, he's the one who made the bad choices, but his parents set up a poor environment for teens to get to know one another /to learn about the opposite sex. They contributed to his bad choices.
Regarding Anna, the baby is about 5 weeks old and Anna’s been at the trial all day, each day so far. She stepped out of the courtroom specifically to avoid the part where they showed video clips of the CSAM to the jury. I agree that she probably wouldn’t have been “allowed“ to stay even if she had wanted to.

Ben has a gig as a pastor at a small church these days.

Yet the defense of someone else having access to his login and his passwords is interesting.

Well Mr. Waller on the stand today admitted password "Rings a Bell" and on a sticky note. That right there creates doubt and supports the defense that others had access. If they had access, they could of downloaded. DA was furious.

Well Mr. Waller on the stand today admitted password "Rings a Bell" and on a sticky note. That right there creates doubt and supports the defense that others had access. If they had access, they could of downloaded. DA was furious.
Eh, it wasn’t quite that straightforward. He vacillated between “it faintly rings a bell” to “a big bell” and mentioned that he had a hard time keeping the prosecution and defense straight, as though his answers should change accordingly. The details of this case can sometimes be hard to follow since it’s all third hand information, but I’m pretty sure he was saying the main computer password — JoshuaJJ — was kept on a sticky note because he had trouble remembering it. In other words, he had trouble remembering his boss’ name? 🤨 Not the brightest bulb. The other password that you were referring to, Intel1988, is the one about which he couldn’t remember anything for certain — was it on a sticky note, had he ever heard it before?…. Ultimately, he said the reason “Intel1988” sounded familiar was because the defense had told him the password pre-trial. If anything, I think his testimony seems more damning for the defense (and possible witness tampering) than the other way around.

To be frank, a PW for a PC containing the letters "Intel" would ring a bell for anyone -- just about every US-sold desktop PC in existence has an Intel label on the outer case. (I'm looking at one right now.)

It's so stupid that it's almost brilliant; only a notch up from setting the PW as "password".

"Judge Brooks took a dim view of Jim Bob's conduct in the witness box, writing in a footnote: 'The court rejects this testimony as self-serving, contradictory and lacking in credibility.'"

Not going well right out of the gate for that family- Thank Goodness. I can only imagine what they are saying to Anna. How they are controlling and convincing her to believe it's not him? I really do not understand standing next to this man... at all. Who stands next to somebody with this history and this overwhelming evidence against him? How can she not be afraid for her own children? I am just so puzzled by this.

Don't read The Sun's articles about it either. It's very graphic in its descriptions. Suffice it to say that it's some of the most horrific stuff you can imagine.

Agreed. The Sun's articles are extremely bad, triggering, & graphic.

I never would’ve guessed that the family would’ve been filled with a bunch of weirdos.

Yup! For state senate https://www.jimbobduggar.com/

It doesn't pay that much, and from what I remember it's really only part-time since the legislative session is only a few months out of the year. He'll have to find another way to scam Arkansans. I laugh at his campaign being "pro-family" during this entire trial. You're not pro-family if you let your son molest your daughters for years.

it might not pay much but if it comes with health care benefits for him and family, it’s probably worth it…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter