Joy to the World: an offsite Christmas extravaganza at Disney, Universal & SeaWorld – Dec. 2016 TR

For some reason any posting done from iPad gets lost into ???. Tried to post last night but gave up lol
Anyway=>Have a great trip!!!
Not sure I like the makeover of the MGV...Although it has been 3 years I didn't think the unit we were in (2 bed lock off like yours-we were in building closer to a quiet pool overlooking golf course-but we got top floor) was that dated. Loved the main pool there. BUT the Palms trio also has use of World Center amenities. And yep-the GINORMOUS walk in shower is in Sabal Palms (I have pics posted under the Orlando resorts review section from couple years ago)

Grinchmas looks like so much FUN! That'd be a character meal I think we'd all enjoy.

I am off soon to my hair appointment too-time for root/gray coverage:rolleyes1

I'd like to! I need to see how much it would cost

I can't wait to hear the first reviews and see photos once it's open. We are still debating between a day at VB or a MNSSHP for our October trip.

Your condo looks really nice, the Grinch breakfast looks like a good time. Your tshirts are very cool!

Have an awesome trip!

Thank You! :goodvibes

Prayers for a safe and wonderful trip, Gina!!

Aw, thanks!!

Have a great trip Gina!

The Grinch breakfast looks like fun. Circus is where we always eat lunch when we're at IOA. It's such a fun place to eat.

Thanks Shannon!

We went to Universal Nov 8th and 11th this past November. The 8th there weren't any decorations up but on the 11th some were up along the stores in Beverly Hills or whatever that area is called and then Seuss Landing. I didn't see any trees though I have yet to see the central park area or the Macy's store so it's possible it was out already but I doubt it. It was neat to see but it didn't feel very Christmasy in this park at all especially compared to walking down Main Street at MK.

Definitely universal is much later to decorate than Disney. Their holiday events start much later too, so I think that's why there is less of a panic to make the transition from Halloween to Christmas. Disney literally steps right from one season to the other in a single week!

For some reason any posting done from iPad gets lost into ???. Tried to post last night but gave up lol
Anyway=>Have a great trip!!!
Not sure I like the makeover of the MGV...Although it has been 3 years I didn't think the unit we were in (2 bed lock off like yours-we were in building closer to a quiet pool overlooking golf course-but we got top floor) was that dated. Loved the main pool there. BUT the Palms trio also has use of World Center amenities. And yep-the GINORMOUS walk in shower is in Sabal Palms (I have pics posted under the Orlando resorts review section from couple years ago)

Grinchmas looks like so much FUN! That'd be a character meal I think we'd all enjoy.

I am off soon to my hair appointment too-time for root/gray coverage:rolleyes1

It felt good to get rid of my grays yesterday. Better than a therapy session! LOL

Gina you will be up and on your way now. Does that mean we are "Home Alone" :rotfl:

We are sitting at our gate as we speak! Boarding in 15 minutes. Try and keep the rebels here under control for me, would ya? :cool:

You're hopefully already in the air so I doubt you'll read this Gina but I hope you and Steve have a great trip!

Oh no...... @dancin Disney style is starting to rub off on all you good folks :rolleyes:.
evil.jpg

You could always test the theory, and let us know how you make out :rolleyes1.
Unfortunately, I'm up north this weekend (DD is qualifying for Nationals) and it's turned rather cold. Yesterday was 18 and today it's 5. For my American peeps that's 65 down to 40. So too cold to test the theory....sorry. This weather reminds me of our last couple of days in WDW last month. The temps were around 80 and dropped to 55. The over night lows were below 40.

And that is why we all love you. It's part of your charm ;).

angel.png

Gina , you are in Orlando by now! I hope it was an easy travel day for you!

I'll just be hanging out in here with the hooligans until you get back.pirate:

Hi all, just checking in!

We are here and having a great time so far. Crowds have been low and the weather has been HOT.....low 90s and lots of sun (except for the last hour....we came up from the pool around 3:15 and the skies opened up 15 minutes later. It's just clearing noa). We are juat resting up before our evening out at capones.

We have spent time both at IOA and Universal Studios. We rode Jimmy Fallon Race Through New York this morning for the first time. We've done two character meals at the universal hotels and both were great! Volcano Bay is looking amazing!!! Pretty sure we might skip MNSSHP this October and do VB instead.

The vistana is spectacular! We have a villa immediately adjacent to the fountains pool area so we are just steps away from our favourite place in the whole resort. The staff gave us a lovely bottle of wine at check in in celebration of our anniversary. We thought that was such a kind gesture!

And speaking of kindness, we will be heading to epcot for the flower and garden festival on Wednesday thanks to some unbelievable kindness from a fellow poster here on the Dis. I am so pumped I can hardly stand it! We have fast passes for soarin, Living with the Land, and spaceship earth. Still deciding if garden grill is worth the big $$$....reservation spots are somehow still available (Or they were when I last checked). I guess we need to make a decision soon either way.

Hope all us well with you all!

I've been loving your updates on FB (and BTW, you and Steve are adorable!:love:). I can't wait to hear about all the fun stuff you guys have been up to! Good to hear there have been some short lines. The heat would definitely be a bit much for me. Take some breaks in the A/C and stay hydrated!

Thanks for the update on VB! I have to say it's definitely one of the things we're most looking forward to!

Hi all, just checking in!

We are here and having a great time so far. Crowds have been low and the weather has been HOT.....low 90s and lots of sun (except for the last hour....we came up from the pool around 3:15 and the skies opened up 15 minutes later. It's just clearing noa). We are juat resting up before our evening out at capones.

We have spent time both at IOA and Universal Studios. We rode Jimmy Fallon Race Through New York this morning for the first time. We've done two character meals at the universal hotels and both were great! Volcano Bay is looking amazing!!! Pretty sure we might skip MNSSHP this October and do VB instead.

The vistana is spectacular! We have a villa immediately adjacent to the fountains pool area so we are just steps away from our favourite place in the whole resort. The staff gave us a lovely bottle of wine at check in in celebration of our anniversary. We thought that was such a kind gesture!

And speaking of kindness, we will be heading to epcot for the flower and garden festival on Wednesday thanks to some unbelievable kindness from a fellow poster here on the Dis. I am so pumped I can hardly stand it! We have fast passes for soarin, Living with the Land, and spaceship earth. Still deciding if garden grill is worth the big $$$....reservation spots are somehow still available (Or they were when I last checked). I guess we need to make a decision soon either way.

Hope all us well with you all!
Sounds good. Everything here at home is just fine. I'm taking good care of the kids.
IMG_2912.JPG

You can safely skip a meal at Garden Grill. While it's good there is too much awesome food around WS during the festival. It's tons of fun to snack your way around the world. There is almost as much as the F&W festival.

Welcome to FL's summer! ;)

Have fun at Epcot! I love the Flower and Garden Festival

We've never done Garden Grill but it's on our list for next time. I have wanted to eat there since I was a kid. The revolving restaurant just fascinates me. I say DO IT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter