June 12, 2004

musicgirl

DIS Veteran
I'm not sure where our other post went. I know it hadn't been posted to recently, so I guess it goes off after a while???

Anyway, I'll get us started again and bump it up as necessary.

We are DH-Bill, DS-Andrew-13 and myself Lorie. We are staying at the Hampton the night before.

Possible excursions are:

St. Thomas-1) 5-Star at St. John (I think you go directly onto the )catamaran), 2) St. John's Trunk Bay (I think you travel by bus first, then take a quick ferry to the beach) 3) St. Thomas beach day to Sapphire Beach. We'd also like to go on the tram if we are docked next to it.

St. Maarten-1) Pinel Island 2) Dawn Bay 3) Great Bay

Let's try to get this thread going again! It would be nice to meet some diser's on the trip. I know my son would like to e-mail someone his age before the trip. He's great by himself, but I'm sure it would be more fun to find a friend.

Bye, Lorie

Look for me in my Minnie bride ears...we'll be cruising 6/12/04 for our honeymoon!

Hi NalaNYC,

Congrats!!:bride: :groom:

You'll have a great time. There were lots of newlyweds on board on our last cruise. A bunch of them were all together at one table for dinners.

Although we are not celebrating exactly on board, our 17th anniversary is June 20.

There are at least 4 more groups from this board going that week. Somehow our original post here got deleted and they haven't re-posted.

If you haven't been on a DCL cruise before and you have any questions, please ask! We've done 2 Wonder cruises and I have spent the last 7 months researching the E. Magic.

Lorie

Bump

This was on the last page and I didn't want to chance having it removed.

Anyone else out there? We are nearing the double digit dance!!!!

OK, where did all the 6-12 cruisers go?

Well I hope you did the double digit dance today!!!!!

Here you go go28366. Not much here, but I'm hoping some of the others will be posting now that it is getting closer.

Who's in your group?

Lorie

I'm so glad I found a thread for our week!!!

DH and I took our first DC for our honeymoon in '01. Going back this year for our anniversery! We can't wait.

NalaNYC-you are going to have a fantastic and memorable time!! Any questions, just ask!

Okay, so how are you standing the wait! I wish June would hurry up already...or at least May! :)

Hi Belle!

It's great to see more names! I know what you mean about waiting. We have 77 more days to go!!!!! I'm constantly reading the boards and helping with info when I can. My dh and I are teachers (music) so we are anxiously waiting for spring break. This is a busy time for us with programs and concerts so the time will fly once spring break is over.

We get to book our excursions on the 13th! We are hoping to get the 5-star St. Johns. After that, if the ship is docked near the tram, we'll probably do that.

I think we might be a bit more adventurous and do St. Martin on our own. We plan on going to Dawn Beach first, shop, and then go to Great Bay Beach later in the day.

Did you do the Eastern for your honeymoon? Do you know what excursions you'll be doing? Are you coming in a day early and if so where are you staying. We are at the Hamptons.

I feel like a little kid asking about everything! LOL

I'm hoping some of the others who were on the original thread find this one. Findingnemofan has a ds-15. THey were suppose to e-mail each other, but we lost touch.

Lorie

Hi Lorie!

Yes, DH and I did the Eastern on our honeymoon-that's the only one there was then! Last DCL we did no excersions and LOVED the way we spent our time. We did a cruise on another line (yuck!) and did excersions, and were just not as impressed as we were doing everything on our own. So, if we do any excersions, they will probably be parasailing or kyak (sp?) on CC. I just can't wait!!! We will be coming in on Wednesday and "going home" to SSR beore the cruise. We will be taking the Mears back to MCO though, so we can get on the ship earlier!

Last time we did both islands on our own, but our favorite day was St. Thomas where we went to a beautiful beach (don't know the name, this was before I knew about the DIS), did a little light shopping, then spent the rest of the day on the deserted ship. You should be fine doing things on your own!

Oh, and by the way, I also have a mused degree! We have recently moved, so I'm not teaching right now - hope to be in the fall. It's a small world afterall!! :)

:bride: :groom:

we've got the date marked on ou calendar to book excursions. i can't decide between 5 star and beach and snorkel. it will be one of the two. i think that will be our only "official" excursion. we want to explore st maarten on our own and soak up some culture, and just soak up some rays on serenity beach at CC!

i think i'm going to book the REAS package as a surprise for fi. i'm definitely hoping to have brunch at palo as well!

We ae going on our 3rd Magic cruise and cannot wait. Our daughter, who is 7, is bringing her best friend along for the trip. We haven't decided upon what excursions to do yet, but any of them would be fun.
See you on June 12!!!:wave2:

Hi! We are DH-Harry, Nate-12, Danny -9 and me, Coleen. Maybe Nate & Andrew can strike up a friendship. I'm just getting started booking this cruise. Have to put deposit down in a couple days. Priced with DCL, then local travel agent which was a whole $31 less. Now am struggling with pricing al la cart thru Expedia... So far looks like $700 less. Also waiting for quote from Dreams Unlimited. I hope my internet service doesn't fail me this weekend!
The early dining is already full. But maybe later is better.
Haven't even started thinking about excursions yet.

I'm so glad to see more people popping up for the cruise! :bounce: :Pinkbounc I was getting a little jealous of the other threads! LOL!

Belle, what do you teach general music or band or both? I do both in 3 elementary/junior high school and at the High school.

And if anyone is hanging around the week of April 5, talk to me on the boards!!! I'll be home alone all week! I'm having vocal chord surgery and this will be the only way I can talk!

Coleen, it would be great if Andrew could hook up with Nate! He generally has no problem finding someone or something to do, but this one is longer and it would be nice. Let me know if Nate would like his e-mail.

We are at the late seating. We've done this twice and it has worked well for us. My nephew who was 7 at the time, fell asleep at the table. If anyone wants to link tables for dinner that would be fun. I've requested PLAPLAP for dinner. I wanted to try to get Lumier's for formal night. I don't know if we'll get it.

Bye, Lorie

Me again! Sorry if I seem a little excited!!! I've been on these boards for awhile and booked this cruise in July!

And yes, I am definitely an organizer so if anyone wants to get together for anything, let me know. I think it is always much for fun in a group.

Nala, I think you and your new hubby will really enjoy the REES. We are going to try for a brunch at Palo. I don't think we'll try the dinner however. After looking at the dinner menu, I don't think it is quite to our taste. DH is more adventuresome, but I'm a pretty no nonense eater! But brunch, now that sounds yummy!!!

Bye, Lorie

Lori-I'm certified to teach choral, instrumental, and general. Choral is my passion. :)

Okay everyone, in my attempt to make the time go by faster, here's are some questions...

1) What is the ONE thing you are looking foward to most?
2) What are you going to try this time that you haven't before (for pervious cruisers)

1) For me, it's the way I feel when we are on the ship. Total relaxation and happiness! :)
2) We are going to try the suriel spa...anyone done it before??

I think that I am looking forward to being able to slow down and relax this time. We did 2 3 nights, and even though we had a great time, we were always tired.

This time, I'd like to stay up later and enjoy the shows. The rainforest sounds like a great way to relax. Eat at Palo for brunch. Go to Serenity Bay and snorkel with dh. I'd like to try lobster!! I'm cheap and won't order it not knowing if I'll like it, so now's my chance. LOL

I also would just like to roam around and find as many hidden mickeys as I can!

Lorie

Did you all get your excursion booklets?

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Such decisions to make!!! This time in 10 weeks, we'll be heading to port:tongue:

Lorie

I didn't receive any excursion booklets:(
I did, however, preorder the new Passporter Guide to DCL and its Ports of Call. According to Amazon it comes out next week. I plan to book the 5 Star St John excursion. Anyone else? What date can we call to book? Is it this coming Monday or Tuesday?

I'm going to my TA to pay off the cruise Monday. I'm also going to add the REAS package as a surprise for my then new hubby. I also plan to add on Palo Brunch, although it is not included in the package, as I have heard so many wonderful things about it.

We need to get more 6/12/04 cruisers on this thread!

Hey Nala, just found another cruiser on another thread. I hope they'll join ours!

Excursions can be booked on Tues.!!!! We just paid our trip off the other day. Wow, what a feeling!!!!

We are going to try for the Captain Nauticus excursion at St. Thomas. It is on a speed boat and goes to 2 different places for 1 hour of snorkeling at each place. If we can not get this one, we will probably try for the 5 star. I've heard really great reviews of it.

Lorie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter