June 12, 2004

Got docs, passporter, safesea, etc.

have to pick up some auxilliary antinausea stuff.

Hello Lorie:
I don't think we'll do any spa treatments but I'll probably get my hair done for formal night along with SIL and niece. The rainforest did look nice last time we were on the ship though.

Barbara: If my DS's had not been so disappointed last time we cruised because their cousin had a tux and they didn't, I probably wouldn't rent them this time. I haven't told them 100 % that I'm renting them. Hope to somewhat surprise them.

Anybody have any ideas for high school graduation gift basket items for a girl?:wave2:

No time to think about the cruise...moving to a new apartment in one week, and getting married in two! I can't wait for a nice, relaxing cruise!

Nala, Good luck in the up coming weeks and enjoy every minute of it!!! Moving, getting married and going on a cruise. Yes, you will definitely need some relaxation time!!! You must be very excited!!!!

4myguys, my guys are just wearing jackets and ties for the formal nights. I'm lucky I was able to get my dh to wear a tux for our wedding!!!!

Lorie

Hello to everyone! I hope all your plans are going well!

Lorie - Are you, your dh, and your ds done with school now?!

Cathy - I think it's great you are renting tuxes for your ds s! Gifts for an 18 year old, hmmm... magazines, tic tacs, gum, lotions, lip gloss, teen perfume, cool flip flops, hair clips, glitter gel, CD, nail polish?, jewelry, bathing suit cover-up, mini-digital camera (got one for ds for 19.99 at Walmart - dh said it looked good for the $, pixels were decent and he'd have fun with it), Disney or Roxy t-shirts or sweatshirt jacket. Just some thoughts! Good luck, this is for your niece, right?

Nala - You are getting MARRIED soon!!! YAHOO! You must be beside yourself with excitement and joy! Hope your move went very well this weekend!

hometech99 & findingnemofan - hope the little packing stuff is coming together!

This past week has been a whopper of activities for us... school carnival (volunteer & participate with dd), drs. appts., Disneyland with kids on Fri. p.m. per a previous promise (walked on all the rides!), and then a big bday party for my grandma yesterday - 91 years old - we're celebrating each one big after 90!

At my grandma's party, dh & I lip synced a Disney tune with a train dance and lei's for the audience to the Disney rap version of "Zippety Doo Daa." It was fun, and out of character for us, but we wanted to celebrate my grandma! Dd sang an updated version of "When You Wish Upon A Star." She is quite a singer and dancer in our family room, LOL, and this was her first time in front of a crowd. She did wonderful, we were so proud!!! There were about 50 people at the party.

Have a good week, it's getting busy here with the end of my school work year and the cruise, but I know it's busy for everyone!

In three weeks we'll be on the Disney Magic!!!

Barbara (PS My principal decided to have a special education workshop for parents the day after Memorial Day at the 10th hour, so that's what I'll be preparing for on my 3 day weekend next week. Did not count on doing work that weekend, I had plans to do cruise packing...oh well. At least there is the cruise!)

Thanks for the ideas Barb. Having two boys I feel out of touch with what's hip for girls these days. I guess some things are timeless though.
I can't believe in less than three weeks we'll be cruising. Our kids get out of school the Wednesday before we cruise, so we're staying busy also. Kids are in the middle of EOG's now. I'm also working on my door magnet sign design now.
Cathy
:wave2:

Hi again Cathy,

Good luck with your door sign! I have the magnetic paper and the iron-on transfer for a pillow case, but I've yet to do either!

Our last day of school/work is Weds. before the cruise too. When is everybody arriving? We're flying in Thursday before, will rent a car, then stay at the Radisson for 2 nights.

Good luck with this week everyone, and I'll see you all next weekend or before!

Barbara

We will be arriving on Fri. around noon and to the Hampton on Cocoa Beach around 1:30pm. It's coming up so fast!! I've been planning and planning and all of a sudden, I don't feel like I'm going to be ready. I know I will, but it's so close!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We've got 9 more days of school. Actually, it is pretty easy at this point, just busy. We have the high school graduation and final Mass. We have end of the year meetings, blah,blah blah!!

It looks like they might start boarding around 11:30 / 11:45. If anyone is at the port around 11:15, maybe we could meet to say hi. It will probably be busy around the ship model. What about in the lounge area across from the ship?

Lorie

We'll start driving down Friday before cruise. Hope to at least get as far as Daytona on Friday. Plan on arriving at the port around 10:30.
I know what you mean Lorie. It seems like the trip took forever to get here and now time is going by so fast.
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Originally posted by musicgirl
If anyone is at the port around 11:15, maybe we could meet to say hi. It will probably be busy around the ship model. What about in the lounge area across from the ship?

Lorie

Lorie, just read your post over - missed the last part!

Sounds great to us! BTW, our DSL email has been down, I hope my ds can e-mail yours soon!

Barbara:wave:

Barbara, that thread on waxing was very entertaining!!!!

I haven't had had any recent dreams. I did dream a while back that I was picking up my luggage, couldn't find it, but the nightmare was that I was going home and the cruise was over and I couldn't remember it!!!!

Lorie

My nightmares haven't started yet, but I'm sure I'll have one or two. Why does your head do that to yourself? Maybe it's a way of getting all your anxieties out. Oh well.

And yes Barb, I agree, those waxing tales made me cringe.:scared:

Cathy

Cathy,
You're probably right about those dreams, but I have some pretty strange ones!! I don't think I'll share them with you before we all meet. You might want to run the other way!!! I'm pretty close to the school's psch. teacher who likes to use my dreams for examples in her classes!!! Her favorites are the squirrel dream and the one about eating a sub with an unusual topping!!!

I'm fine, really!!!

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Nala, you are probably in the homestretch this week. Good luck with everything. We'll be looking for a bride and groom!!!!

How much sunscreen are you all bringing? I know I could buy more if I needed to, but it's always so expensive on board. I think I'll bring a bottle for each!! DH is a redhead and burns no matter what and he always uses a ton. He gets the 50 baby sunscreen!!!!

Is anyone else starting the "in 2 weeks I will be ______"? I will be lounging on Cocoa beach at this time!!!

Lorie

Originally posted by musicgirl

How much sunscreen are you all bringing? I know I could buy more if I needed to, but it's always so expensive on board. I think I'll bring a bottle for each!! DH is a redhead and burns no matter what and he always uses a ton. He gets the 50 baby sunscreen!!!!

Is anyone else starting the "in 2 weeks I will be ______"? I will be lounging on Cocoa beach at this time!!!

Lorie [/B]

We're bringing 4 bottles of SPF 45 and 2 of SPF 30. Our family swims a lot. May change due to space in luggage. However, we'll be at the pool/beach the day before, and at Typhoon Lagoon on Father's day afterwards, plus the Swan pool (Lorie, they have great teacher's rates.) Plus, I have our sea safe.

Yes, we've been all saying "In...!!!"

Can't wait!

Have fun this weekend in whatever you and yours are doing!

Barbara

Barbara,
Typhoon Lagoon is so much fun! The wave pool is great, a giant wave comes every 3 min. or so and everyone screams everytime. The snorkeling tank is pretty cool as well. It was our very first experience for all 3 of us. It is very, very cold!!! They provide vests/masks/snorkel. I don't remember about fins, but we didn't need them. We wore our watershoes. Basically, you swim across a pool filled with fish. It is not very long, but you can get out and go again as many times as you want. There is also a scuba area where you can get a mini lesson and go for a dive. Bill wanted to do this, but kept changing is mind. There is an additional charge for this. He really regretted not doing this.

Have a great and safe weekend everyone.

Lorie

Thanks for the great Typhoon Lagoon tips Lorie! Dh is a scuba diver, so he probably would love that on Father's Day...as long as we haven't already broke the bank on the cruise, LOL!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU AND BILL TOMORROW!!!

HELLO to everyone else! We're busy busy getting ready for the cruise this weekend and next...AYYY!!!!!!!

Take good care!

Barbara

We've checked our names on the docs, but have not completed the forms. Plan to do that on the plane, because right now is so busy.

Any thoughts on this from you previous cruisers? Any reason we should complete these at home prior?

Thanks!

Barbara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter