June 12, 2004

Hi to all. We just booked this cruise THIS week! This is so very unlike us-we usually plan things to the Nth degree. BUT, we couldn't decide what to do this summer! Last summer we stayed with my sisters' families at the GF at WDW, main building, concierge level, and had a PERFECT week. We couldn't figure out how to top that-then we thought about the cruise!! Our last Disney cruises were on the Big Red Boat with our older children, so that tells on us a little bit. Anyway, we're driving down on Friday, staying at the Radisson. We'll be super easy to spot- 2 older adults with our adopted 8 year old Chinese daughter. Our college-age son and our high school-age daughter weren't interested in coming. Too bad for them! But we're thrilled, and look forward to seeing everyone at the Port, on the ship, or on the beach. Cya soon. (I have just a FEW things to do before we leave next Friday!!)

Hello, all. Just wanted to join in the excitement as we near June 12! DW and I have cruised before, but this will be DD's and DS's first cruise and the first for all of us on a Disney ship. This trip will be extra special as it's "Birthday Week" for us. DS turns 8 on 6/8, DD turns 12 on 6/14 and DW turns [censored] ;) on 6/13. We're staying at the Radisson the night before. Here's hoping for good weather!

Hi everyone!

Thanks Lorie! So you check in then wait in line? Good! I want to meet you all at the docks, great plan! Hurray for your last days of school, happy happy last day of school and graduation ceremony!!!

WELCOME CHINAMOM3! Talk about having a fun trip at the nth hour, WONDERFUL for you and your family! Best wishes with packing, you will be busy! Hope you will meet up with our group (see place & time below). I have a dd age 9! Know she will enjoy meeting your dd!

WELCOME RClarkofNC! This will be some birthday celebration for your family! We are just celebrating one - mine, on June 14th. You are a family full of Geminis. Must make for interesting times as you will never be bored as my dh would say, LOL! Hope you will join us prior to boarding at the lounge next to the ship model at 11:15 a.m.!

Thanks again Lorie for the check-in info.!

Take care, and we will all be very busy this weekend, YAHOO! Next week at this time we'll be at the Radisson!!!

Barbara:flower: :bday: :cake: :daisy:

It's been quite a while since my last post. Now I need to go back and read about 14 pages I see! Just a refresher -- we are Coleen, Harry, Nate (12) and Danny (9).
I'm starting to panic because I just started thinking about shore excursions and packing...

Could someone direct me to a thread telling about shore excursions for this eastern cruise? We want to do snorkle and parasailing. It would save me alot of hunt time on this big forum.
many thanks.

Welcome chinamom3 and rclark. Glad you could join us.
rclark: We might be on the same route next Friday! Nice to see another local sailing with us.
chinamom: How exciting to make such grand last minute plans! Were you able to get a good discount for late booking?

Cathy

Coleen, go to Dave's tribute site or the castaway club site. Glad to hear from you again.

Welcome to Rclark and Chinamom3!!

Hopefully, everyone has seen that we are going to try to meet in the lounge area across from the model of the ship in the terminal around 11:15am. Lime green is the color that the disers have adopted as a means of identification. Although I still like Cathy's idea of one red shoe!!! I'm going to get a lime green ribbon or something to tie on my backpack.

It looks like some of you will be at the Radisson, so maybe you'll get a chance to meet earlier! I'm at the Hampton down the road a bit.

Happy anniversary Barbara!!!! And Good Luck to Nala today on her Wedding!! I'm sure she won't be reading the boards today, but my thoughts are with her!

It is 6am my time. This time next week, I'm sure I will be up and dressed by now!!!!

School is out!!! Bill and I have done our official happy dance!! Yes, the teachers get just as excited!!!

Lorie

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!! Now, less than one week! We'll be glad to see everone at the port, and perhaps some of you at the Radisson, but because this is a last minute trip, my husband could only cancel his afternoon patients and not his morning ones, so we probably won't leave Griffin (GA) until 1:00 pm. But, better late than never! And, as to receiving a discount because we booked late-I don't think so! I was actually surprised we could get a stateroom at all!! But, things kept coming open, and after several times of looking at the desk maps, we finally chose what we wanted. I think the main thing we're going to have to deal with because we booked late is that we have late seating, and probably most of the excursions are taken. But, actually, I'm pretty laid back about both of these things. Our 8 year old dd doesn't remember our last cruise we took when she was around 2, and all she really wants to do is the beaches, which we're fine with. And, as to the late seating, I'm going to try to get it changed on the ship, but if we don't, I'm still OK. After doing WDW last October (Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party-fantastic!), and last December, I'm really not in the commado mood, if you know what I mean. We just glad to be there!!:Pinkbounc

Chinamom3,
We're going to do an excursion at St. Thomas, but we are just going to do the beach thing at St. Martin. We'd like to go to Dawn Beach which we've heard is pretty good for snorkeling and not too crowded. Then, we are going to go to the Great Bay beach right next to the ship in the afternoon. Which is calm, but they have jet skis and a water trampoline.

We have late seating as well. We loved it. It gave us more time to eat during the day.
:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

I know what you mean about commando mode. My dh and ds call it the disney mode.

Lorie

LORIE & BILL - CELEBRATE! - You are done with the 2003-2004 school year! ::teacher: TREAT YOURSELVES TO A CRUISE, lol !!!!!!!

Happy Wedding Day to Nala!

Thanks for the anniversary wishes Lorie! We will celebrate by packing. ;) Actually, we will catch a movie with ds tonight while dd goes to a sleepover bday party.

Can't wait to meet everyone!

NEXT WEEK AT THIS TIME, we'll be on the DISNEY MAGIC!!! Hurray!!! Safe travels everyone!

Barbara:boat: :jumping1: :thewave:

Ok, sorry if I sound a little silly but, we've waited a long time for this trip!!

next week at this time I will be on the ship, probably have eaten and I am in my room!!!!

I guess it is better than, last week I was on the ship at this time!!!!

We just finished graduation. I got a sunburn on only one arm!!!

Lorie

Lorie, you are not silly, you are EXCITED!!! Next Saturday, it will be a REALITY!!!

Cathy, how's the clothes shopping coming?! I found some Mickey/Minnie PJs for me at the last minute, and a cute sundress. Hope it all fits into the suitcase, LOL!

Chinamom3 - my dd is bringing two character outfits (Pochontas and Jasmine). Just an FYI if your dd is in to this. ;)

Lorie, please go outside today and "tan" not "sunburn" your other arm.:hyper: :laughing: :teleport:

Bye all, gotta do our door sign and the pillowcase, you think I would have done these by now but NOT!

Barbara

Thanks for the info, musicgirl. I found castaway club site, but where might daves tribute site be? Is it on this disboards?

I got paranoid and went ahead and booked parasailing on Castawya Cay for 1:30 and 2:30. I have to do it with each boy because DH refuses. Oh goodie, goodie, I get to go twice in a row! I was told I can cancel up to 2 days before and if they can't run the parasailing because of weather, I would get a fulll refund.
$70 per person X 4 = once in a lifetime! I am excited tho!

Now off to more reading...

Barbara,
I understand completely about the packing. I am almost to the point of putting everything in, but I don't know how we are going to handle all the luggage. With 6 suitcases and our carryons, I don't know how to transport it all.

Maybe I'll find that everything fits nicely into 3 suitcases!!:genie:
Yes, that would definitely be magical!!!

Yes, I might have to go to a tanning salon and ask to have just one arm done!!:laughing:
Actually, it isn't too bad. I didn't get too much sun today. But we are suppose to have some nice days coming up so i think I might get a chance to go to the pool!

Do you think we need light jackets for outside?
Does anyone know how much air conditioning is on inside?
On our last 2 cruises (not Disney) I froze at supper and at the shows without a jacket.
Anyone, Barbara?, want to share clothes list? Hints, HELP:
I was thinking
2 dresses
3 shorts
2 tank tops
2 sleeveless tops
3 nice tops
2 black pants
Maybe not enough? Those who are organized, what you think?
Or... is there a clothes thread somewhere someone already knows about and could direct me there?

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

Mom2Belle&PeterPan - You're definately right about a house full of Geminis! Never a dull moment.

By the way, if you're staying at the Radisson and haven't yet made you shuttle reservations, you might want to do so. I'm guessing that the early times will fill up soon.

I threw up a quick web site with some information relevant to our particular cruise that you might fine useful. Check it out at http://www.clarktechnology.com/cruise/ . Enjoy!

Originally posted by colcol2
Do you think we need light jackets for outside?
Does anyone know how much air conditioning is on inside?

Hi Coleen,

Yes, I read that it can be chilly in the dining rooms so bring a light sweater or jacket.

You are a good packer, I bring way too much...cannot help myself - I'm like Lorie, lol!

Anyway, here is a thread that helped me. It is long, but you can scroll to the parts that will help you out:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=468132

Take care!

Barbara

Originally posted by RClarkofNC

I threw up a quick web site with some information relevant to our particular cruise that you might fine useful.

Hi RClarkofNC,

Thanks for the website, I'll will go enjoy it soon!

We will have a rental car, so no need for the shuttle but thanks for the heads-up. I'm sure the tip will help others! Dh will drop us off, then will take a taxi back to the port.

The countdown is on!

Take care!

Barbara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter