June 12, 2004

Thank u so much for the soda tip! WOW! I won't pak my cola addiction now! But will try to sneak a jacket in for DH for formal night. It wouldn't bother him a bit, but it does bother me!! Is that the night they serve lobster? Last cruise we were on, they came around with the butter and put it on until you told waiter to stop. I didn't care for that way. When my boss went on a cruise she insisted they bring the butter in a little bowl -- and the waiter did -- for the whole table. That is the way it is done in nice restaurants here... don't know about other places, but we will see what happens this trip. I am not sure if I could be that insistent. She also said the portion was rather skimpy and she ordered 3 plates. That was also a big dissapointment my last cruise -- I mean 2 small legs. So... this time I am wiser and hungrier!!!!!!!!!

I just had to check in one more time! We're off in the morning.

I hope everyone has a safe journey to the port.

See you there!

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Lorie

Hi everyone. Well I finally finished packing, I think.:rolleyes:
Just finishing our door magnets. They turned out pretty good.
I'll be wearing a lime green sleeveless shirt but will keep an eye out for everyone else. Can you believe it's finally here?
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
Hope everyone has a safe trip to the port.
See ya soon.

Cathy

Last check in for us. We heading out for the Radisson now. Maybe see you all at the pool this evening or on the 10am shuttle!

It looks like I'm the first one back! :(

I'm sorry I didn't find everyone. I did meet Chinamom, and Barbara (great tablemates!!!!), RClarkofNC.

I looked really hard for Nala (Sarah and Keith) I think I saw you, but without the ears and was to chiken to ask.

The same thing with Belle. I thought I saw her (she said she was pregnant and there are not many of those on board).

I never found 4myguys (Cathy).

I just finished unpacking so I'm a bit tired. I love to hear everyones details!!!

Lorie

We are back as well. I kept saying to my wife "look, lime green! I'll bet they are from the DIS!" but I didn't have the nerve to ask.

Kids say it was the best vacation ever. I say that too!

DWD

Just arrived home ourselves. We stopped off at Downtown Disney for lunch at the Rainforest Cafe to ease our transition into the real world. It was the first cruise for the kids and they absolutely loved it. We are booked for our next in Dec. 2005. :bounce:

I noticed that there were alot of people with lime green at the terminal. I guess we have to be more specific!!!

I had a lime green bow on my straw hat that I wore into the terminal and from time to time hoping someone would ask.

I guess we all were pretty uncomfortable asking people if they are from the disboards. I always felt like people would think I had lost my mind!!!!

Chinamom (Betsey) was pretty good at it however! She went up to a young couple and asked if they were Sarah and Keith. The girl had on a lime green dress and a lime green hat. I saw her first and almost asked. It turned out it wasn't Nala.

You know what would be funny? I wonder if we actually met, and didn't know it.!!!

We had a great time making friends in the adult area, especially at the pool/hot tub. So, if you saw or talked to a short blond girl and a tall redhead (well, its pretty short and mostly grey now!!) guy who wore a cowboyish hat at the pool, that was us!!!

We are going to try to book for June 2006 depending on the Magic's schedule. We have to wait a while until the date is opened up. We decided not to re-book even with the discounts and on board credit. She said we could book for 12/05 and then transfer it to June 06 and keep the benefits, but not the price!!

Lorie

Ok, I need help!!!

This is so sad. I found myself waiting for the dessert menu but never got it. I found some chocolate mints ( yes from DCL) and placed them around a stuffed animal. I guess it was better than doing it around a towel that I tried to fold!!!

Lorie

Hi all!

We're so bummed we didn't make it to the terminal in time to meet up! Fate was conspiring against us. The housekeeper at AKL threw away DH's medication, and we had to drive around searching for a CVS. We located one, filled the script, and then proceeded to get lost! Avis's directions were less than clear. We didn't board until 2:00, although I was wearing the bride ears in case anyone else was late!

Chinamom tried again, this time in Rockin' Bar D, and this time it was us! I was wearing my bride ears to David Demuzio's (the first juggler) show in anticipation of the "Match Your Mate" game that was to follow. We got selected to play, and won! I don't know if Chinamom stuck around or not. We won a bottle of Martini & Rossi Asti, which we happen to like.

We had a great cruise, and I plan to write up a little review. I'll put a link here when I do.

I hope you all had a great cruise!

Sarah (and Keith)

Hey, guys!! Didn't we all have a BLAST!! Sarah, I wish I could have stuck around, but Lesley didn't want to stay in the kids' area, so we didn't get to see many of the adult shows. But I am SOOOO glad I got to meet yall, as well as you, Lori, and your husband. And, finally, to meet Barbara and her husband and daughter, the last day of the cruise at Castaway Cay!! Now, the last time I saw RClark, Richard and Mary Carol, to be more exact, they were doing a little treasure hunting as we were leaving Castaway Cay. Guys, did you find what you were looking for? Sure hope so!!! If so, post and let me know what was in the treasure box. I did so enjoy meeting Richard and Mary Carol and their sweet kids, Anderson and Madison. Also, we ran into Diana and her husband and children several times. It was so nice to be able to stop and talk to people-all thanks to the DIS!! Now, if anyone met a single mom named Amy, and her daughter Serena, from Canton, Ohio, and know their last name, please let me know. She has my address, however, so I will probably be able to exchange pictures with her that way. Am STILL washing and drying clothes, here after church this morning. We had a great trip, and thanks to all of you for all your help, support, and friendship. Here's to the magic of the MAGIC!!:wave:

We got back yesterday around 5pm. Sorry I didn't get to meet anyone. We didn't get to the terminal until 1pm-ish. Were late getting started Friday, but that's a different story. All of us had a great time and how about that weather. Couldn't have asked for better.
Lorie, I agree with you. I keep waiting for someone to bring me a mochachino (sp?) while talking online.
Who did everyone have as servers? We had Alvin from Phillipines and Maria from England. Loved Atilla from Hungary, our head server.
Congratulations Sara and Keith. Did you happen to see the couple getting married on Castaway Cay? It was pretty but I bet it was hotter than Haites.
Bye for now,
Cathy:wave2:

Our servers were Sammy from Thailand and Adem from Turkey. Sammy was pretty funny and always wanting to please. He had the afternoon off in St. Martin. When we ran into him, DH was really sweating. Sammy wanted to get him a towel. I think Adem was a little new, he dropped a few things. It kind of became a joke when anything was dropped in the rest.

Lorie

We also saw the couple getting married at Castaway Cay. What a deal!

Our servers were Andreea from Romania and Josef from the Phillipines. Andreea was outstanding-we even saw her at topsiders and serving ice cream at the Tropical party on deck 9. Josef had a small language barrier.

We couldn't keep our son, Michael out of the Oceaneers club. one day we put him in after breakfast and picked him up in time for dinner! What a great staff.

I know I am sounding like a proud dad, but my 20 mo. old had the picture of the week as she was boarding the ship. If you saw it, she was wearing a Minnie Mouse outfit with her purse, and smiling as if she knew what she was about to experience.

The shows were OUTSTANDING! Did y'all see the kid that won the cruise on "Who Wants to be A Mouseketeer? I was a panelist so I got a great view of his and his dad;s excitement.

I want to live at Castaway Cay!

DWD

Our servers were Girish from India and Jennifer from the United Kingdom. They were good, but couldn't match the experience we had with Liam the last time we sailed.

I, too, was a panelist for Who Wants to Be a Mouseketeer, but we were at the 6:30 show and nobody won a cruise.

Our kids, DD (10) and DS (8) loved the kids clubs. My son enjoyed the free time in the lab more than the scheduled activities and my daughter enjoyed the scheduled activities more. Since my daughter just turned 10 at the end of April and is very petite, she was able to be in the 8-9 yr. group and be with her brother which worked out great - we only had 1 schedule to keep up with. :)

I don't know how you families with a young child or more do it when it comes to the pictures at Shutters. I would be broke!!!

Our son is 13 and only appeared in 2 pictures. The embarkment picture and the one taken on formal night at our table. These were the only pictures taken of any of us the entire time. We did not opt to have the $20 pictures taken, especially with the lines!!!

I'm not complaining about the pictures or lack of, we have hundreds here from the trip already!! But I would have liked something from CC of my ds. He did the Teen Wild Side and there were no pictures of his group.

Also, salesgirl at Shutters got upset when I didn't want to purchase a package the first time I bought a picture. I knew what to expect when it came around to the pictures.

Lorie

Pittcrew, we had the same servers! I agree, they were good and very nice, but not as "fun", etc, as I've had on other cruises. Still, "Excellent" was given. Our eight year old stayed with us at the pool during the day, and made friends there. Was hoping she'd stay in the club more, for her sake, but it was worked out fine. We were in the show when the little boy won the cruise, and he really did do most of the answers, many by guessing, you could tell. And it worked out great for him! Our panel of experts actually gave the wrong advice on an answer to another contestant, which you don't see happen that much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter