June 12, 2004

Pittcrew-welcome!! Suwanee, Cumming, and Griffin-we're all lwithin spitting distance (for Atlanta, that is)! Sorry, we don't have anyone who will fit into your crowd...well, actually we do, but our 16 year old doesn't want to come, so she's staying at home with her older brother. I'm sure your daughter will find a BUNCH of girls who are also on their own-you'll probably never see her!!
For all of yall going to the parks-wear yourselves out! Then come to the Magic to relax-or maybe not!!
Sarah and Keith-congrats to a new life, new beginning!!
Barbara and Lori-can't wait to see you in all your Disney getups! Guess I'll have to go pull out some of my stuff from this past year's trips.
By the way, we're Betsey , David, and Lesley.pirate:

Hi Everyone! Is everyone packed yet? We are almost done because of our trip to SSR before the cruise. I just can't wait!!! Hope to see some of you there! I'll be the pregnant one! ;)

We plan to get to the port first thing so we should be there with y'all. You'll notice us because our 20 month old will be wearing her Minnie Mouse outfit.

By the way - we are Brian, Cindi, Jordan, Michael and Caroline

We should be at the port pretty early ourselves. We are staying at the CBR Thursday and Friday nights, so we will hit the road for the port right after breakfast. Our friends gave us a bon voyage gift of matching Disney T-shirts to wear, but we'll probably be pretty low-key on this trip.
(On our last Disney cruise 2 years ago, we traveled w/out kids with 2 other couples, and we were widely known on the ship for our crazy hats and our every changing eyewear. We had different fun glasses we wore to dinner each night ( x-ray glasses, googly eyes, animals snouts, etc.) I don't think my children would appreciate the extra attention this attracted :-) )

We will probably see you guys on the road to the port as we are leaving the resort on Sat. am too.

DWD

I can not believe we are this close. I've been to the pool a few times so that I have a bit of a tan. I have "evened" out my arms pretty well since Sat. one arm sunshine incident.

Congrats Belle!!! We'll be looking for the "two" of you!!

Lorie

we're all packed and ready to fly out to AKL *EARLY* tomorrow. i'll be wearing my bride ears saturday...look for us!

have fun everyone!!!!

Welcome Pittcrew and DWDad. Look forward to seeing you on Saturday.
Congrats Sarah and Keith. :bride:
I have no idea what I'm wearing Saturday, but I'll try to have on something green. I'm sure by your descriptions I'll be able to find the group though. I thought my DS14 was going to go through the roof when I told him we were wearing matching Disney outfits. Of course I was just kidding.
Well I better get back to washing clothes and packing.

Cathy:wave2:

Quick Hello to all, and safe & fun trips to FL!

YEAH for the even tan Lorie!!!

Cathy, packing and laundry here too. :)

See ya' soon!

Barbara

Barbara, I know you are leaving bright and early Thurs. and you might not get back on the boards tonight. So, I'll wish you a happy and a safe trip.

I've got a few details left to take care of today. Don't forget to nofity your bank or credit card company of your trip in case they might think your money has gone on a trip without you!!!

I've gone over and over and over the budget to make sure I have prepared for everything, at least that I could think of!!

I've gone over and over (ok, I'll quit doing that!) the itinerary with the guys. I figure if they are prepared, there won't be much resistance-especially the teen.

Cathy, I really wanted to do complete matching outfits for all of us from the Disney Store, but I got vetoed on that. I finally talked my dh into wearing a tropical shirt, adding Mickey was really pushing it!!

Lorie

After reading what you are packing, Lorie, I've decided to up my list a little --- or borrow clothes from you!
Tonight I have to hunt for my passport and boys birth certificates. I am in a panic! I haven't even started packing yet. (I got called to work, unexpectedly, and now I'm sunk!) I'll be up late the next 2 nights... I will be so stressed out by the time Fri comes, it is unreal! Gee, I wonder if i learned a lesson here... like to cut down on procrastinating? or... put important papers where they belong... or get just a little bit better organized?... If I catch up to any of you, can you rub some organization skills off on me? HA!
I will try to put my 9 yr old boy (brown hair & glasses) in his flourescent green shirt and try to remember when/where to meet.

Coleen, it sounds like you have a very busy couple of nights! I've got one load of laundry (the whites-always the last!) and to pack a few items at the last minute and we will be done!!

I don't know which is worse, the packing or the laundry and putting away after the cruise!! At least with the packing, we have something to look forward to!

Lorie

Found passport & bc in only 45 min! I was sweating it. I didn't realize just how long it takes to pack all the little stuff!

DH refuses to take his suit and dress shoes. If anyone is on the board before you all leave, do you think they will let us in to the formal night? Tie required? If he just does shirt/tie/slacks/tennis shoes, do you think they will let him in? I might leave him at the buffet with youngest son, and me and oldest do formal!

It looks like Nate (12) wont be with Andrew (13) since they are different clubs.

Where does it say what dining rotation you have -- with papers in cabin maybe?

I'm still here. :D Still tending to last minute items. Glad you found your docs. Dining rotation will be on papers in your cabin. I've heard it's also on your room key that you receive at check-in (coded like PLAPLAP). The Navigator for Formal Night says "Suggested Evening Attire: Formal". From what I've read, they won't turn you away if you're not properly dressed, but you'd feel a bit out of place. It's doesn't have to be a tux. Suit and tie would be fine.

We're on our way to the airport in approx. one hour. Dh and I have not slept tonight...did we ever underestimate! LOL! We will sleep on the plane, it's five hours. My work school year is over as of 3 p.m. today, HURRAY!!!

Looking forward to meeting everyone at the ship! Thanks all! Bon Voyage to all of us!

Barbara :) PS Thanks RClarkofNC for the update on the website, loved it! Bye!

Coleen, it's good to hear that you found those items!!

Even though Nate and Andrew will be in different clubs, I'm sure they could hang out at other places. Andrew mentioned be allowed to go back to the club! Andrew is a little on the goofy side, but not in a bad way. I don't think he has turned the corner to being a full teenager yet. I see that teenager peek out every once in a while. So, you never know!!

I'm bringing jackets/ties for dh and ds for the formal dinner. Maybe you could throw one in for your dh without him knowing! On our first cruise (wonder), dh pants got "lost" so he wore khaki shorts and a polo to dinner even on our "dressy" night. No one said anything. We found the pants when I was packing. They were with his shorts and I hadn't recognized them!

Lorie

Did you hear about the new soda policy that starts with our cruise? It was posted on the dcl forum that free soda will be available at the 24 hour beverage station on deck 9 aft!

yahoo!!!!

Bon Voyage to all you 6/12 sailers.

Don't eat all the food. We're on the ship after you get done with it, and you need to leave some for us.

Have a great trip!

Thanks for the heads up. I just confirmed it with my AAA TA. Since free soda was one of the bonuses for using AAA, they're giving their customers $150 in room credit instead. Not a bad deal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter