June 19, 2004, anyone yet???

Originally posted by sweetpea3470
TO WES & DR CLAWS....
JUST A REMINDER TO PACK SOMETHING JEFFERSON SO WE CAN TAKE A PICTURE FOR THE JEFF NEWS.I HAVE MY SHIRT PACKED....CANT WAIT TO MEET YOU GUYS!!! SEE YA NEXT SAT. NIGHT:hyper:

Digging out my visor today! The Bookstore would be thrilled if I'd visit for a shirt... :jester:

Hi all, one week and counting! Drclaws, I have a Jeff alumni shirt. But if you happen to go to the Jeff Bookstore and want to buy me a Jeffersom Med College T, shirt, Large/extralarge, I'll gladly pay you Sat Night at Promenade (10 O'clock, everybody) Thanks in advance. But do not make a special trip just for me.:earseek: I can't wait to meet you all. Wes

No trouble at all Wes, besides the Manager of the Bookstore will be thrilled to sell off some inventory before the end of the fiscal year and before their upcoming move to new digs. :p

Now can someone explain to me exactly HOW not to overpack?? I know the "put half back" method, but I still have this feeling.....

Well, this is our 9th DCL cruise and I find the need to overpack irresisitable. I have been the cause of more hernias among the terminal baggage handlers than anybody else. Figure one nice outfit, polo and slacks, for 4 days, one formal and one semiformal (coat, tie and jacket unless you're like me and wear the tux twice) and one tropical/mexicali how-many-flowers-can-they-put-on-one-shirt shirt and a pair of shorts (this is the one exception to the no shorts at dinner rule), two bathing suits, that way one is always dry and underwear. Two pair per day unless you plan to bring laundry detergent or rinse them out in the hot tub:confused: We have found that most of the day at sea is spent in a bathing suit. And jammies if you need 'em :earseek: and a couple of t shirts. You can pick up a t-shirt at Key West and on board. But, underwear is crucial:crazy: Wes

Thanks, Wes. As it is I've planned on too many shirts for the port-of-call days...and as you say, there are always those you can buy on shore. Ah, this was just the first pass.....the pruning comes this week.

I would say "Bon chance, Mon ami" but I don't like the french. I've been impressed with how little you really need. We never seem to get the message, though. We pack like we'll be gone for weeks::yes:: Wes

Hey Sweet Pea (I just love saying that) Yes, they do. Wes:wave2:

:sunny: Hi everyone!:sunny: We are so close! Spent the last three days volunteering (14 hrs) at our festival. The kids are getting their service hours for school next year. I've been packing. Thought I would get all our stuff into two large suitcases.(not counting our shoe bag, tote bag, or carry on) What was I thinking? Working on the third one. This week will be busy with hair cuts, cleaning (like to come home to a clean house), packing, dropping off the dog, more packing....
~Judy~

Hi all, two items occur to me. One, when underway deck ten can be very windy so laidies with big hats plan accordingly. Second, if you are planning on leaving a car parked at the terminal it will cost $70 but more importantly, if you leave any crumbs in the car from the long journey put some ant traps on the floor. Trust me they will be an unpleasant surprise Saturday morning when you get in the car to drive off. So either don't eat anything in the car or be forewarned. Wes

Originally posted by WRH3MD
Hi all, two items occur to me. One, when underway deck ten can be very windy so laidies with big hats plan accordingly. Second, if you are planning on leaving a car parked at the terminal it will cost $70 but more importantly, if you leave any crumbs in the car from the long journey put some ant traps on the floor. Trust me they will be an unpleasant surprise Saturday morning when you get in the car to drive off. So either don't eat anything in the car or be forewarned. Wes

Although I won't be driving and leaving a car at the terminal, I have heard about ants being in the cars upon returning from a cruise. On another thread someone posted that they cleaned their car thoroughly because they had heard about the ants but when they came back they found in the car anyway. Great tip about putting ant traps in the car.

Can you guys believe we'll be in Key West next week at this time???? :jumping1::jumping1:

What seating does everyone have? We're on the Late Seating and highly suspect the LAPLAPL rotation based on my chat with Debbie a few weeks back.

Key West next Sunday.....the idea of Key Lime everything is very appealing....although Key Lime wine could be interesting. :earseek:

Hi Everyone,
This is so exciting! The girls are starting to get psyched too, but my DH claims he's not getting worked up because he doesn't want his expectations to be too high. :rolleyes:

I have all the clothes piled in my living room, and soon realized everyone is ready but me! I did so much gathering for everyone else that I forgot I will need more than a pair of cargo shorts and a Red Sox T-shirt. So it was off to the mall....Need one more dressy pair of pants and I'm done. Then I will join DRClaws in pulling stuff out of the piles. I have two big rolling suitcases (one packed with an extra carry-on and a soft duffle for future use) and one rolling duffle for the shoes/snorkle stuff. I even weighed them to see if I was over the limit, and so far so good. I refuse to use more than those, so I will be cutting.

Wes, I think it's great that you look at this as a nice opportunity to dress well. My DH isn't up for the tux. But I thought I might measure one of his suits and order a tux from the company that sends them onto the ship. Then if he gets into the swing of things he'll have one to wear, and if not it can stay in the closet. Maybe the girls can talk him into it! He thinks my DD (13) isn't dressing up for the formal night, but we are going to surprise him with all of us in nice dresses (for once) I even told him she was a total pill at the mall and I had to give into a dressy skirt for her.

So it's off to plan some more. Looking forward to meeting you all on Saturday!
Kathy

Oops. forgot to mention the reason I started to post today. I know we are on the early seating, and I think APL rotation. We are doing Palo on Tuesday night, and the Palo brunch on Thursday.

Hi Everyone!

Haven't been on for a couple of days and I have 2 pages to read!!! You guys have been busy! We got a majority of the packing done today,so I think we are in good shape. 13DD has exams this week,12 DD has talent show and her 6th grade reception and I have a few things to finish up at school, then hair,nails,etc.

Kathy, We also have main seating and APLAPLA. We are also eating at Palo's on Tuesday.What time is your reservation?

Looking forward to meeting everyone on Saturday. TTFN .Time to watch "six feet under".

Denise

:hyper2:

Originally posted by Debbie H
Drclaws, I have a Jeff alumni shirt. But if you happen to go to the Jeff Bookstore and want to buy me a Jeffersom Med College T, shirt, Large/extralarge, I'll gladly pay you Sat Night at Promenade (10 O'clock, everybody)

Wes, sadly the inventory was depleted of all L/XL JMC T-shirts. The Bookstore Manager even went back into the stock area to check. Smalls and Mediums abound, but the "normal" ;) sizes were gone. Such is the story of end of fiscal year inventory time and the desire to deplete stock before their move.

The next "best" was a T-shirt type material with a mock turtle neck (and probably long sleeve to boot) for $24.00 :earseek: I didn't think it was work the money to begin with.....and some lovely collared polos for bigger bucks as well!

However I did score something Jefferson for you and Sweetpea to be given at the DIS gathering (if DW and I can waddle to it immediately after dinner!).

Drclaws, thanks for the effort! In a few days we will be sailing down the Port Canaveral Channel on our way to the open ocean. Maybe we can share that cuban (Cigar, that is) up on deck one evening. I can hardly wait. Of course anybody who wants to join us is more than welcome::yes::

We will be leaving for Florida Thursday AM so my last contact on the board will be then. We'll check in over the next couple of days but we will be very busy with vein cases in the office and cleaning up the practice.

Today is my dw's and my 29th wedding anniversary.:love: (and they said it wouldn't last) :crazy:

Wes

:scratchin :scratchin GEE drclaws...THATS MIGHTY NICE OF YOU!!!I JUST LOVE SUPRISES....CAN'T WAIT TIL NEXT SAT NIGHT...I'LL BE THERE 10PM SHARP;)
ALSO JUST WANT TO WISH ALL A SAFE TRIP TO PORT...SEE YA ALL SOOOON

Hello all,
Much has been said about me already on this board, for I am the DS of Debbie and Wes (DebbieDVC and WRH3MD), and the DB of Lindsey (LinnyLye). I am getting so excited, yet there is still much to be done on my end. I have a lot of laundry to get done tomorrow before I can even begin to think about packing. As my father preached time and time again on this board about not peaking too soon . . . well guess who is already packed and hounding us to get it done . . . haha. I only find this funny because he will not be taking his cloths out of the bag until Saturday. Which means some things will be wrinkled. I have to go get some items cleaned, and go pick up my tux. Alrighty well I am gonna go for now, but I should be speaking with you all very soon !!!!

Wes (the Fourth haha ) !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter