Kelly&Adrian 09/22/10- SBP/The Attic/HDDR/UK - Nominated for Best Dressed Attendants!

November 13th in Yarmouth. My mom didn't have any real desire to try cruising, until we did - now she LOVES it!! It's a more forced relaxation type of trip - great for people who aren't naturally good at relaxing!

My daughter and I took a train to Truro today and while at the train station saw a cruise ship. I mentioned to DF about the cruise again, but he just said maybe one day. It doesn't matter to me, but I don't mind trying new things.

We are planning on going to Disney Land in a couple of years. We were going to drive there after the wedding but there was nobody to watch my daughter and get her to school. So we will wait to go. Im excited to go there. :banana:

We are having an at home reception but not until the Spring/Summer. Im sure you reception will be great with the pictures and the video. :woohoo:

Love your report and I am VERY impressed that you stuck with the gym while on vacation :)

Ugh - yeah I stuck with the gym on vacation but haven't worked out AT all since we got home - it's terrible!! I am starting back tomorrow before I get totally out of the habit! I ate a huge amount of Chinese food tonight and am really feeling the need for some cardio!!

My daughter and I took a train to Truro today and while at the train station saw a cruise ship. I mentioned to DF about the cruise again, but he just said maybe one day. It doesn't matter to me, but I don't mind trying new things.

We are planning on going to Disney Land in a couple of years. We were going to drive there after the wedding but there was nobody to watch my daughter and get her to school. So we will wait to go. Im excited to go there. :banana:

We are having an at home reception but not until the Spring/Summer. Im sure you reception will be great with the pictures and the video. :woohoo:

Disneyland rocks - I didn't think I'd like it,. but I found if I could just NOT compare it to Disneyworld, I loved it for many reasons...yes the castle is smaller, but you can also walk from one park to another, and also to DTD - it's a great experience - I think every Disney nut should do it once!!

We will be doing it, just later rather than sooner :sad2: We plan on driving it and doing a bunch of other things along the way. It will be so great. We will be doing it for our Disneymoon. :cool1:

We also talked about going to Paris, but that won't be some time yet.

Okay... So I think I'm all caught up! Your wedding looked perfect! :lovestruc I'm already thinking I need to renew my vows in Disney... Wouldn't that be amazing:goodvibes? Sigh... We'll see... one day maybe! Gotta get my hubby on the "disney-obession" train! :rolleyes1

Okay... So I think I'm all caught up! Your wedding looked perfect! :lovestruc I'm already thinking I need to renew my vows in Disney... Wouldn't that be amazing:goodvibes? Sigh... We'll see... one day maybe! Gotta get my hubby on the "disney-obession" train! :rolleyes1

Good luck getting him on the Disney Train!! Honestly I can't encourage people enough to get married or renew their vows at Disney - what a fantastic experience, truly!

My girls came over bright and early and we kicked Adrian out (I won’t report much on his day – he did commando parks with the boys – they did AK, EPCOT, and MK) because Carolyn Allen’s was coming to steam my dress. I just realized that’s one part of Day 3, I forgot to tell you all about – they came to fit him for his tux late in the day on Day 3 before Teppan Edo.

She was so nice, professional, and fantastic both times! She did a great job on the dresses, and it only took an hour to do my dress and veil, the MOH dress, and my mom’s dress too!

While they were taking care of that, I went down and checked us into our 2 bdrm (which ended up just being down the hall – so convenient), which wasn’t ready yet…no big deal as we were headed to the Spa, and I had already prepped my sister as she was going to return ahead of the rest of us and move us all down to the 2 bdrm so the dress was gone by the time Adrian got back.

We headed over to Mandara Spa at Dolphin. I was booked for a ginger salt scrub and massage, and we were in groups of 3 for Mani/Pedi, with my BFF going in ahead for a Mani/Pedi (there were 7 of us total and they can only do 3 at a time).

Here is our whole group at the Spa:
33913_433584301898_673656898_5601393_3911866_n.jpg

And one of just the Bridal Party (we wore our Etsy Tank Tops):
33913_433584306898_673656898_5601394_6866021_n.jpg

My salt scrub and massage was such a great idea – I do not regret it for a second, I felt so great by the time I was done!! After I got done, Shanna and I headed over to BW Bakery for lunch while my sister and nieces got their mani/pedi done…then I went back over and got in with my mom and middle sister for our treatments. I decided to do my pedi in blue as my “something blue” and plain silver sparkly nails (more sparkle than silver – it was very shimmery).

After we were all done, we went and got settled into the new room and headed over to meet the rest of the crew at Tony’s Town Square for dinner. What a great choice for the night before the wedding – it was one of the best all around meal experiences of the trip! Our waiter Bruce was fantastic; he was polite, fast, and very friendly! My sister was at a separate table, and told Bruce that we were getting married the next day. He sent someone to the crystal shop, got us Minnie and Mickey toasting glasses and had them engraved with our names and the wedding date. It was the nicest surprise ever!! We actually didn’t have toasting glasses to use for the wedding, so it was really nice of him to do – it made the toasts at our wedding even more special!

This is the only pic I have -sorry it's not a great one!
34691_433586631898_673656898_5601471_2778427_n.jpg

After dinner, we headed back over to BW and got settled in, my sister was busy writing her speech and helping my niece write hers (she decided to surprise Adrian with a best man speech – even though we told him she wasn’t doing one).

Hanging out, writing speeches:
37189_433588976898_673656898_5601550_2817602_n.jpg

I wanted to get some rest, but of course we were too wound up – I didn’t get to bed until close to midnight…with the wake up call coming at 3:45 AM….ugh.

Up next, wedding day! This part may not come for a while, as I don’t have my pictures from Randy yet….you’ll all just have to be patient! I’m expecting to continue this early next month…sorry in advance for the delay :(

I don't suppose you have a price list for the spa at the Dolphin do you?

The wine glasses are so beautiful. That was so nice of him to do. Little things like that make you love Disney even more :cloud9:

Im looking at doing a spa day but I still haven't decided where to do this.

The waiting will kill me :laughing: It's like watching a TV show and having to wait until the following week!!! But I guess I have no choice, but I will be checking the computer often for your update. :surfweb:

We only have 68 more days!!!! :woohoo:

I don't suppose you have a price list for the spa at the Dolphin do you?

Google "Mandara Spa Dolphin" and go to their spa menu (I would link it, but they often block links on here). They give a group discount for 6 or more people too!

The wine glasses are so beautiful. That was so nice of him to do. Little things like that make you love Disney even more :cloud9:

Im looking at doing a spa day but I still haven't decided where to do this.

The waiting will kill me :laughing: It's like watching a TV show and having to wait until the following week!!! But I guess I have no choice, but I will be checking the computer often for your update. :surfweb:

We only have 68 more days!!!! :woohoo:

Congrats - the last 2 months FLEW by for me. It was when I realized I was "too late" for things - I discovered Etsy around the 2 month mark and it was "too late" to order a few things I wanted- I was ticked!! LOL

I wanted to get our mani/pedis done at Periwigs but they could only do 2 people at a time, we liked Mandara spa, but my sister and friend ended up with manicures a child could have done...the other 5 of us were happy with ours though.

I pm'ed you something that may keep you busy....enjoy :rolleyes1

Randy just posted some teaser pics on his FB page! They look beautiful! Your bouquet is gorgeous.

Google "Mandara Spa Dolphin" and go to their spa menu (I would link it, but they often block links on here). They give a group discount for 6 or more people too!

Congrats - the last 2 months FLEW by for me. It was when I realized I was "too late" for things - I discovered Etsy around the 2 month mark and it was "too late" to order a few things I wanted- I was ticked!! LOL

I wanted to get our mani/pedis done at Periwigs but they could only do 2 people at a time, we liked Mandara spa, but my sister and friend ended up with manicures a child could have done...the other 5 of us were happy with ours though.

I pm'ed you something that may keep you busy....enjoy :rolleyes1

Thanks a bunch. :thumbsup2

Randy just posted some teaser pics on his FB page! They look beautiful! Your bouquet is gorgeous.

Thanks so much - I love his work - he just put a bunch of pics online for us to see, they are amazing, he is a freaking genius!

I love the contrast between his work and Amy's (who did my MK/EPCOT shoot and DP) - it's awesome to have variety!

I got my CDs from Randy Friday....there are close to 2000 pictures! OMG I am so happy with them - the hard part will be figuring out which ones to print! He sent 5 CDs, 4 with regular pics and 1 B&W. I am not a fan of any of the B&W really, as my wedding was so bright I feel like the color ones are just more "us". Sorry to hold back from posting them - in a few weeks I'll post a zillion on here I'm sure, but I want to show them to my friends and family first at the at home reception.

Speaking of which, I spoke to the manager at the restaurant where we're holding the reception, she was fantastic. They are going to set up a projector screen for me, so all I have to bring is the laptop and projector. She is going to set up a couple of tables, but the rest of the venue will be set up with couches, chairs, and a few tall bar tables, so everyone can just mingle. I chose a ton of finger foods for the menu including:

-Lobster Dip with baguette
-Bacon Wrapped Scallops
-Deep Fried Mushroom Caps
-Bruschetta
-Shrimp Tray
-Nachos
-Chicken Wings
-Fruit Tray

They are going to bring the trays around and casually serve, and then just sit them on various tables around the room so people can help themselves. I'm also serving punch, and we're having an open bar in case people want to buy drinks...

My mother in law used to work as a baker, and is making her "Million Dollar Pound Cake". We chose a simple 2 tier style with ribbon around the tiers and piped hidden mickeys on the cake. I think it will be awesome! My mom is buying a bunch of flowers for us to use to decorate, so we may throw a few of those on the cake too. I bought a Mickey and Minnie cake Topper at Disney while we were there, so we're using that too - so it may not really need the additional decoration of flowers.

2 weeks after the at-home reception Adrian moves away for school!! We're so excited, and not as nervous as I expected to be by now...I'm happy that he found something that he wants to do, and think it will be much better for us in the end!

More to come - I'm hoping to have the MK and EPCOT Photo Shoot CD soon...I'll post a couple of our favorites when I do!

I live right downtown, and like to sleep in my own bed - we have tried to hotel thing before, but I don't get any sleep doing it that way.

totally understandable! we've got a now 5 and 3 yr old tho, so it's soooo much easier to do the hotel. i never sleep the nite before anyways, cus my brain is going do i have this do i have that? but needing the be there 3 hrs early and adding an hr drive is just too hard on my 2. this way they get a bit more sleep.

can't wait to see your pics! eek!

So after going to sleep at around midnight, I was quite surprised when my alarm went off at 3:40 and I actually felt pretty good! Maybe I was just overly excited – but I hopped out of bed (well rolled actually, I’m not gonna lie) and made a pot of coffee. I also cooked up a bagel and got Shanna up too. We were using the living room as our “getting ready” room, although my sister and niece were sleeping on the couch – my sister kind of dozed on and off, my niece slept right through it all!

Patricia was amazing – she was sweet, funny, and efficient. I gave her very little direction – showed her a couple of hair pics that I liked, but said “do whatever you think would look best”…she made me look like a movie star! For the makeup I literally just told her I want a semi-natural look, but I want it to hold up all day. I also went with the false lashes, which really added to the overall look!

Here are a few of her making me beautiful:
DSC02780.JPG

DSC02781.JPG

DSC02783.JPG

By the time she got finished with my hair and makeup, it was 5:55, and I was supposed to meet Adrian in the lobby at 6 AM….and I was still in my PJs…my sister whipped me into my dress in pretty record time:
DSC02789.JPG

DSC02797.JPG

And I was out the door at about 6:05 to meet him.

Our first look was quite funny – I have some from our camera and some from Amy below – I love the perspective on ours, but they are a bit out of focus/hazy compared to hers…the one thing I can remember clearly about this moment is that we were both a bit stunned and just stood there grinning like idiots at each other – we didn’t know whether to laugh, cry, hug, kiss….it was a great moment!

I in particular love the fact that in these 2 shots the guy in the background is hanging out reading the paper, and then looks up like “Huh??”
DSC02802.JPG

DSC02803.JPG

Here are Amy’s:

PH196800910_-_0002.jpg

PH196800910_-_0003.jpg

PH196800910_-_0004.jpg

PH196800910_-_0005.jpg

And just like that Amy said something along the lines of “You’re late, we need to get a move on! Daryn, load her into the van…” She said that a lot – LOL. He kept just shoving me back into the van, making me laugh the whole time…they were both just so easy to get along with, even though it was only 6 AM.

Up next is our MK shoot - again, the at-home reception is next week, so these pics will come right after that!!

I haven't been on in so long, so I am just seeing your pictures, but everything looks great!! Your dress looks so amazing on you, and Patricia did a great job with your hair and makeup. You looked great on your wedding day and I am glad that you have so many wonderful pictures to remember it by!

Love the pics. Thanks for posting and can't wait to see more.

Thanks ladies - I was wondering if I had lost everyone :) Glad I still have readers and posters!!

I haven't been on in so long, so I am just seeing your pictures, but everything looks great!! Your dress looks so amazing on you, and Patricia did a great job with your hair and makeup. You looked great on your wedding day and I am glad that you have so many wonderful pictures to remember it by!

Thanks a bunch - I agree that she did a great job...the amazing part is it still looked great at 10 PM!

Love the pics. Thanks for posting and can't wait to see more.
There are a few pics that totally showcase those amazing earrings - they are like a magazine ad!

Great pics! You gotta love Disney - where else can you sit with your morning paper at 6 in the morning and see a beautiful bridal party stroll through the lobby. And where else can you be on your wedding morning and you become on of the attractions for somebody else's vacations?? I am assuming that not everybody in the back ground with cameras was part of your party?

Great pics! You gotta love Disney - where else can you sit with your morning paper at 6 in the morning and see a beautiful bridal party stroll through the lobby. And where else can you be on your wedding morning and you become on of the attractions for somebody else's vacations?? I am assuming that not everybody in the back ground with cameras was part of your party?

LOL - the creepy paparazzi in the background were my sister and BFF...however I cannot count the number of people who tried "discreetly" to take pictures on their iPhones, Blackberries, or cameras throughout the day!! It was pretty funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter