Kristen & Doug's Wedding: 5.5.12 - TR Day 3 (Updated 6.14)

So, I'm trying to come up with a complimentary color that goes with the color of Doug's tie - which of course I can't find online anywhere and JC Penny doesn't sell it anymore.

A bit of a refresher. The tie color is really close to the color of the maid of honor dress...

vdress.jpg

I picked up two ties last weekend, but they went terribly, so they'll be going back after the mall is safe to venture to again.

To add to the fun, Doug's groomsmen, Seth, is about 6'8" and obviously requires the extra-long tie length.

What do you think of this?

possibletie.jpg

It has the same stripeys as Doug's, and then I could sort of go with a peacock color-y theme. And most importantly, it comes in extra-long. ;)

So...is it a win?

Ooh I like it. I think that will work!

I think silver would look really nice too. Have you gone to Home Depot and looked at paint swatches?

Ooh I like it. I think that will work!

I think silver would look really nice too. Have you gone to Home Depot and looked at paint swatches?

Doug feels like the silver ties would blend in too much with the white shirts. I think the blue/silver combo is awesome (Yay Ravenclaw! ;)), but I guess he has a point. (I let him be right every so often :lmao:) I totally didn't think of Home Depot. But I fear I'd fall in love with a color and then not be able to find it in tie-form!

I like the purple with the blue as well, definitely gives off a sort of peacock color vibe. We had blue and silver as our colors - my DH wore a silver vest and tie. It actually didn't get too washed out (though it was super vivid like the blue), though we did have ivory shirts instead of white because my dress was ivory.

I think the secondary color would really add a lot - the purple makes it look a little more regal. A light yellow would be really pretty but I think a little more casual. I'm also really not a fan of pink but the right shade of pink could work well to give it a classy look as well. I'm sure whatever you pick will be wonderful!

I like the purple with the blue as well, definitely gives off a sort of peacock color vibe. We had blue and silver as our colors - my DH wore a silver vest and tie. It actually didn't get too washed out (though it was super vivid like the blue), though we did have ivory shirts instead of white because my dress was ivory.

I think the secondary color would really add a lot - the purple makes it look a little more regal. A light yellow would be really pretty but I think a little more casual. I'm also really not a fan of pink but the right shade of pink could work well to give it a classy look as well. I'm sure whatever you pick will be wonderful!

I think when Doug gets home, I'm going to have to show him the pics of your wedding. Because now I'm seriously torn between the purple and the silver! And the silver WOULD be easier to match for David's (the ring bearer) tie. (I kinda love the idea of him in a bow tie, though, because it'll be double the adorableness then)

Aww, Doug's gonna be like "Wait, I thought we figured this out last night?" "Sorry, love, gotta show you the DisBoards first." :lmao:

One minor decision down - the purple stripey ties it is! Now, to find a similar colored bowtie. Because David (our ringbearer) will look ADORABLE in a bowtie. :goodvibes

A bit of drama with the dress. I sent the girl the money and two days later, I noticed that the money was refunded. She emailed me explaining that a mouse got into the bag with the dress, did its mousey business and nibbled a bit on the under part of the bottom of the dress. She offered to send me the dress for free; I'd just pay for shipping

Well, first thing I did was contact the local dry cleaners, and they're optimistic about the stains. The holes aren't an issue since it has to hemmed a great deal anyways. So, after some words of encouragement on the DISbrides facebook page, I've decided to go for it. At the very least, if it's not salvageable, I'm only out $25. If they do come out, I'll have a $500 dress for the cost of shipping and cleaning. (About $125 or so)

I'm thinking this upcoming Monday, since Doug's off, we'll fill out the planning kit. Really, the only hold up is the music. I'm not sure on which is going where, but I know I want to include the 'Beauty and the Beast' song, and I know I'm walking down the aisle to 'When You Wish Upon A Star'. I've told Doug he can include whatever he wants; now it's just a matter of getting it DONE. :lmao:

So glad you're going with the purple stripey ties! And OMG-- your ringbearer will be too cute in a bowtie. I love little boys in bowties! :laughing:

I am happy to hear that the dry cleaner is optimistic about the stains! Thankfully the holes are no biggie either! I can't wait to hear what happens!

Music is the hardest part for us too. UGH. Let us know what you decide and how the dress goes!

So glad you're going with the purple stripey ties! And OMG-- your ringbearer will be too cute in a bowtie. I love little boys in bowties! :laughing:

I am happy to hear that the dry cleaner is optimistic about the stains! Thankfully the holes are no biggie either! I can't wait to hear what happens!

Music is the hardest part for us too. UGH. Let us know what you decide and how the dress goes!

I don't think I've told Doug yet that we're doing everything on Monday. LOL I may have, but it's early and there hasn't been any caffeine yet. I might need to offer baked goods or something. :lmao: I brought up the music subject on Wednesday, when Led Zeppelin's 'Thank You' was on because I LOVE the lyrics. And he responded with "it's not my favorite Zeppelin song". Men!

I'm really excited about the dress: my fingers are supercrossed. I hope it comes in soon!!!

Me, too! I'm getting kind of worried, since the last time she emailed me, she was kinda... eh. The personality was way different from the first few emails, and now I haven't heard anything since before Christmas. She seemed rather...bitter that she was losing out on money, but my theory is that she didn't have to offer it. She could've just said never mind, ya know? I have a back-up option, but this whole not knowing thing is seriously bugging me.

In other news - it's almost time for you!! :cool1:

I hope things work out with the dress for you! It you receive it the situation sounds pretty promising.

I had a really tough time getting DH to help me decide on music. I ended up picking everything myself and just having him approve it. I really wanted his input on the first dance song but he was awful about making a decision. I ended up just choosing one a few weeks before the wedding.

I hope things work out with the dress for you! It you receive it the situation sounds pretty promising.

I had a really tough time getting DH to help me decide on music. I ended up picking everything myself and just having him approve it. I really wanted his input on the first dance song but he was awful about making a decision. I ended up just choosing one a few weeks before the wedding.

I hope so, too. I'm starting to get the feeling that I won't be hearing from her again. :headache: I do still have another affordable option, but who's gonna complain about a free dress, right?

I was a good girl and told him yesterday that I intend on filling out the planning kit today, so at least he had fair warning :rotfl: I just have to time it right ;)

Joining in!

I arrive at Disney on your wedding day! It's a good day I guess!

Looking forward to reading along with your planning coming up to the big day!

A bit over 24 hours after starting, the planning kit is DONE.

Groom's/The boys' entrance - The Imperial March from Star Wars (slowed down a bit, though)
The girls' entrance - 'Beauty and the Beast'
Bride's entrance - 'When You Wish Upon a Star'
Sand Ceremony - 'Once Upon A Dream'
Recessional - 'My Home Sweet Home' from Final Fantasy V. (Doug played it yesterday and I fell in love with it)

It took forever to find the sheet music for the last one, but thankfully we found it. I didn't realize how lacking my local library is with sheet music books. :confused3

So, yay, that's done! Now to find some Excedrin and hope for a miracle :sick:

Just jumping in here. You're plans sound amazing! I'm going to have to go check out your wedding twin's journal too. We got married July 2005 an used Rev. Tim as well. He's wonderful. You will love him..

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: CONGRATS!!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Just jumping in here. You're plans sound amazing! I'm going to have to go check out your wedding twin's journal too. We got married July 2005 an used Rev. Tim as well. He's wonderful. You will love him..

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: CONGRATS!!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Thanks! I admit that I chose Rev. Tim based on his prices - well, in addition to reviews on here - so it makes me happy to hear so many people rave about him. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter