Kristen & Doug's Wedding: 5.5.12 - TR Day 3 (Updated 6.14)

I decided to work on printing the invitations today, since Doug's home and I knew I'd need help with adjusting printing margins. And sure enough, after much sobbing and frustration on my part (I'm pms'ing, sorry to say), Doug played around with margins for about an hour, I'm happy to report that the basic invitation part is printed. Still need to do the enclosure information and the RSVP, but at least this much is done. I'm ready for a margarita or two! ;)

Let's see if they show up properly...

NC_UP_Invitation_sized_01-1.png

(Yay! It showed up properly! The first time, the colors came up all distorted even though it's fine on the photobucket website. :confused3)

I can't remember who designed them. I know her name is Victoria and I found the link to her blogspot or wordpress page through the invitations thread. I'm starting to get convinced that these headaches are slowly eating my brains. And tomorrow's the Jeopardy online test! :scared1:

EDITED TO ADD:
I found her website! withlove.victoriaannphoto.com/ :)

We're meeting up with the best man tonight to go over some things. Doug doesn't see him all that often (whereas we're at my MoH's house two to three times a month), so it'll be nice. Plus it's at a local Mexican restaurant. AND with it being the birthday weekend next weekend, that means we're going out to Agave's in Warwick on Saturday to celebrate my birthday (which is on Sunday) and Doug's other groomsmen's birthday (his is on Tuesday). So, really, margaritas for the win! :rotfl:

Love the invites, they are so fun!! I will admit when I saw you posted on FB about your invites I felt nervous and behind!! I'm working with Impressions and waiting for the preview of them- yippee! :goodvibes

Glad you are out of your funk (I think!)

Happy early birthday! So fun there are so many of you around the same time- my DF's is the 26th- which I also realized is 100 days til the wedding! :woohoo:

I love your invites! The colors are great. Kind of reminds me of Up :goodvibes

Good luck on your Jeopardy test! I'm a huge Jeopardy fan, I'd love to see you on there someday ;)

Love the invites, they are so fun!! I will admit when I saw you posted on FB about your invites I felt nervous and behind!! I'm working with Impressions and waiting for the preview of them- yippee! :goodvibes

Glad you are out of your funk (I think!)

Happy early birthday! So fun there are so many of you around the same time- my DF's is the 26th- which I also realized is 100 days til the wedding! :woohoo:

You aren't behind; I'm just super early. :lmao: I figure this way, if there are any 'no' votes, it's still enough time to invite other people. I think that's my only complaint about the Escape weddings. Not that either of us have huge families or anything - plus with half of my friends being on the other side of the country, it really limits us. That all made sense, right? I'm still feeling some of that peach sangria from dinner ;)

I'm still kinda eh... but I'm not worrying that everything's gonna suck as much as I was before. There haven't been any "wide awake at 3AM's" for a few days now. *knock on wood*

Tell your DF I said happy early birthday, from one aquarian to another! :goodvibes

oh my gosh! I love love love your invitations! UP is me and DF's favorite movie! It was the first movie we saw together in the movies <3 haha (and I like it because I think he look looks EXACTLY like Russel, even though he will never admit it ;) )

but they look AMAZING! :)

I love your invites! The colors are great. Kind of reminds me of Up :goodvibes

Good luck on your Jeopardy test! I'm a huge Jeopardy fan, I'd love to see you on there someday ;)

Thanks! It's definitely a life goal to get on there. I'm not feeling good about this year's test. Probably because of the headaches, the memory isn't working as fast as it has previously. So, maybe next year's sixth attempt will be the charm :rotfl:

oh my gosh! I love love love your invitations! UP is me and DF's favorite movie! It was the first movie we saw together in the movies <3 haha (and I like it because I think he look looks EXACTLY like Russel, even though he will never admit it ;) )

but they look AMAZING! :)

Aww, that's so cute! I want to say Up was one of the first Disney movies we saw together. (It greatly amuses me that Doug shares a name with Dug :goodvibes) I had no idea what I wanted for invitations, but when I saw those, I just fell in love with them. They're just so cheerful.

You know that terrible moment when you start to think that everything you chose is going to look horrible, and 'what on earth were you thinking?', and "is this even going to match?!"?

Yeah. I'm there right now.

Our conversation just now:
"What if everything sucks?"
"We're getting married at Disney. It's impossible for it to suck."
"But what if the colors are ugly and my ideas aren't pretty?"
"It'll be fine."

*sigh*

:rotfl: I can't tell you how many times I've had the *exact* same convo with Brandon. Thank God I have so much trust in pixie dust, it really would be impossible for it to not be amazing!!

And your invitations are GREAT! We tried to design a similar invitation but could never get it to look quite right. It kep looking like a kids birthday party LOL. But yours are absolutely perfect, great job!!

:rotfl: I can't tell you how many times I've had the *exact* same convo with Brandon. Thank God I have so much trust in pixie dust, it really would be impossible for it to not be amazing!!

And your invitations are GREAT! We tried to design a similar invitation but could never get it to look quite right. It kep looking like a kids birthday party LOL. But yours are absolutely perfect, great job!!

That's pretty much what Doug keeps telling me. That it's Disney, they do this all the time, and it'll be fine. The man has the patience of a saint, I swear :rotfl: I just keep thinking, man, if I'm stressing out over this, I can't imagine what it's like doing one locally where you have to do so much more work!

And thank you! I tried to design them myself after seeing that image (hey, anything to save a bit of money, right?), and it looked like a five year old was allowed to play on Paint for the first time ever. :laughing:

So, the aisle runner I ordered hasn't come in yet, but the girl emailed me a photo of the finished product.

aislerunner.jpg

I wanted something simple and this fits perfectly. I got in on Etsy, through the seller "idoweddingdesigns". It should be here in a few days and I'm super excited.

Silly question - when you guys order stuff, do you worry that you might've sent the wrong date or name or something? Please tell me I'm not alone in this! :rotfl:

Kristen, you're cracking me up today (which is a break I needed in between "I CAN BE CRAFTY, I JUST KNOW IT!!" and oooh look at this shiny thing over there!)

The Aisle runner looks great! So long as you're getting married on May 6th.

Haha, made ya look ;)

Kristen, you're cracking me up today (which is a break I needed in between "I CAN BE CRAFTY, I JUST KNOW IT!!" and oooh look at this shiny thing over there!)

The Aisle runner looks great! So long as you're getting married on May 6th.

Haha, made ya look ;)

*bows* Happy to be of service! What are you working on craft-wise? (Not that I've any crafting skills, but I'm always curious and impressed by what other people do)

Not gonna lie, I did look again. ;) Silly brain, making me think things wrong!

I wish I were good enough to *actually* do crafts. Right now, I'm being neurotic and researching crafts. I get obsessed with the details long before I ever even venture into the project itself.

Current psychotic research topic is how to easily make a group Tshirt for 23 - 55 people. This board is the perfect place to get info for that, but it's also the worst because every day I see someone else's PJ and I think..."I should do that too!!" lol

Ah, that's how I am, too. I have all these ideas, but then the actual making them happen part... can't happen due to lack of skills. :rotfl2:

This board's been both a blessing and a curse. I see all these pretty things and as much as I'm generally the non-super-girly type, I like the pretty things. Which has led to a different set of jewelry, a different tiara, fancy invitations, and an aisle runner. So much for keeping this as affordable as possible!

Bit of a health update:

I went to see the neurologist today, and she seems nice. She didn't talk with me very long, but :confused3 She has me taking topamax (sp?) daily to see if that helps, and I've some Imitrex for when I start to feel the migraines coming on. There's also some prednisone, but I don't remember why I'm supposed to be taking it. (Needless to say, Doug will be in the room with me next time) Bloodwork is coming up, and there'll be a MRI at some point in the near future, too.

I just want to be somewhat pain-free by May!

Your aisle runner looks great! I always worried about stuff like whether or not I sent the right date too. Before we ordered our invitations I double checked them about 50 billion times. And initially when I was creating our save the dates I had put down 2010 instead of 2011, but luckily I caught that mistake!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter