Magic Kingdom Swaps - SIGNUPS MONDAY 1/10/10 9AM

tyniknate

DIS Veteran
After several months off the boards I'm looking ahead to my commitment to the Magic Kingdom swap scheduled for January. I'm chomping at the bit to get back into swapping on a limited basis for a little while. Is everyone still interrested in doing the magic kingdom swap late in January with a due date in early April? Feburary with a due date of late April? Elements only? Or do you wanna do letters too? Sooooo many questions. Wow - I can't believe how much I've missed talking to and swapping with you gals!

After several months off the boards I'm looking ahead to my commitment to the character swap scheduled for January. I'm chomping at the bit to get back into swapping on a limited basis for a little while. Is everyone still interrested in doing the character swap late in January with a due date in early April? Feburary with a due date of late April? Elements only? Or do you wanna do letters too? Sooooo many questions. Wow - I can't believe how much I've missed talking to and swapping with you gals!

Hey Danielle - Hope all is well with Dad!! You are actually scheduled for the MK swap in January. I think the Character one is on the calendar for April or May??

DUHHHHH.....I knew that. I'll go change the title now. (I guess it's holiday burnout!) ;)

Anyway, anyone interrested in the Magic Kingdom swap? This is one of my favorites! Sooo many rides and themes to work with. Do you want to do small sets (2 mats & 2 elements) for each category? I find it's easier to put pages together when you have extra pieces to work with. Anyone want to do the 2" letters? I'm up for whatever anyone wants to do! Please let me know if you have any ideas.

My dad is doing well. He is having problems with his incision. It's not closing and they are afraid of infection. This is the third set of stitches they've put in and removed. They tell us it's not uncommon with stitches after brain surgery as the scalp is not as pliable as skin on other areas of the body. Otherwise he is back on his feet and feeling good. Thanks for asking!

Signups will be Monday, January 10th at 9:00 a.m.

Due Date: April 1st, 2011. This is when I need to receive your package. The mail by date is March 25 to make sure the package arrives to me on time.

Required check-ins will be:
January 31
February 21
March 7
March 25 (mail by date)
If we find that we need more time to complete this swap just let me know and we can adjust the dates.

I will pm you with a reminder if you forget to check in. After 48 hours with no response I will request angels for your spots. If you are going on vacation or will be out of town, please check in early. If you need an angel, please ask for one as soon as possible. We all have families and emergencies sometimes happen. We understand if you cannot complete - just let us know so we can make proper arrangements.

After sign-ups, please pm me your name, DIS name, mailing address, email address and phone number when you sign up (I will only use these in an emergency).

The requirement for Group A through Group P will be to make a mini page kit
(2 photo mats and 2 elements) from the list below.

Groups AA through YY are single elements to be chosen from the list below. (This has changed as I didn't want to infringe on the letter swaps happening in February). YOU MAY STILL USE THE 4" LETTER AS YOUR ELEMENT OF CHOICE IF YOU WANT.

Element list:
Title = standard 8x2 topper (other sizes are okay), welded and shadowed letters, letters on squares, circles,mini tags or other shapes, a large title tag, title on a box, borders, photo mat, altered CD. Be creative - we love new things!
1 paper piecing (not a single layer diecut)
2 photomats for a 4x6 photo, 2 layers, smallest layer 4 ¼ x 6 ¼, embellished
2 journal boxes, total of 3 layers, minimum writing space 3x3, embellished
2 tags (or 1 large tag—greater than 2x3), 2 layers, something in the hole and embellished
1 file folder or matchbook (2 if mini) - -embellished
2 slide mounts -- embellished
Altered CD
3 altered paper clips
1 shaker box
1 library pocket and tag. Tag must be 2 layers with something in the hole, pocket must be embellished
1 license plate
3 shapes(squares, circles, stars, flowers etc) 2 layers, embellished
1 ATC
4 inchies
Signage/Bookmark: 1PP 2x6, double matted and embellished
Song/Lyric/Poem: 1PP, 3 layers in total and embellished. Min size 3x4, shapes are welcome
Altered letter: matted at least 4 inches

You can mix and match -- 1 tag and box, 1 border and box, 1 tag and 2 squares or shapes, etc for both of the groups.

******Please let me know if you have an idea not listed! We are open to new things.

Suggestions for embellishments include:
Die cuts, stickers, stickles, flock, ink, chalk, brads, charms, flowers, eyelets, ribbon/fiber, sewing, tearing, embossing, stamping, clipart, additional layers of paper beyond double mats (if it would look weird trying to fit in another embellishment, specialty paper (such as embossed, glitter, Bling).

Packaging: Place your completed elements in a Ziploc bag THAT FITS YOUR ELEMENTS (the bag MUST close) with your DISname, name and group letter. Do not address your items to a particular swapper. (That makes it harder for me to sort!) Your label should look like this

Tyniknate
Danielle Seidel
Group A

Take all of your baggies for a group and place them in GALLON size (or larger) bag, and label with the same. Please use the gallon bag (or larger) -- your items may fit in a smaller bag, but the items you receive back might not. Please include a return address label -- either a USPS priority mail label that you have addressed, or the little ones you would put on envelope. (This cuts down on errors.)

Mailing: You may send to me, by any method you choose unless you are mailing after March 14th [note this is before the mail by date]. Then, you must mail Priority WITH Delivery Confirmation. I prefer to send to you using flat rate boxes/envelopes. Please include enough postage in your package for return shipping. The rates are: Envelope or Small Box (9”x6”x2”) - $4.95, Medium/Standard box – $10.70, Large - $14.50. I won’t require Delivery Confirmation, UNLESS you are sending to me AFTER March 5. If you want your items shipped to you with DC, please include the $.70, and a filled out slip. I will not mail the items back with delivery confirmation unless you include the $.70. And I am not responsible to for postal errors. Also, please include a label (can be the priority label completed with your info or a small address label) for me to use to return your items to you.

DO NOT include clik-it/ship-it postage. I will not be able to use it since it is only good on the day it was printed, and from the location it was printed.

Here's the listing from last year (with a few minor changes). Any additions or subtractions? We will be waiting for the 2" letter groups - they will be in the February swap.

These first groups Mini Page Kits (2 mats & 2 elements): I will open up/combine groups as needed.
Group A – Adventureland - MAKE 5
1. Pirates League -
2. Swiss Family Tree House -
3. The Magic Carpets of Aladdin -
4. Aloha Isle -
5. The Enchanted Tiki Room – Under New Management -

Group B – Adventureland Part 2 - MAKE 5
1. Jungle Cruise -
2. Captain Jack’s Pirate Tutorial -
3. Pirates of the Caribbean -
4. Shrunken Ned’s Junior Jungle Boats -
5. Pirate’s Bazaar -

Group C – Fantasyland Part 1 - MAKE 5
1. It's a Small World -
2. Peter Pan’s Flight -
3. Snow White’s Scary Adventures -
4. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh -
5. Pooh’s Playful Spot -

Group D - Fantasyland Part 2 - MAKE 5
1. Dumbo the Flying Elephant -
2. Mad Tea Party -
3. Mickey's Philharmagic
4. Prince Charming's Regal Carousel-
5. Pick your theme -

Group E - Frontierland - MAKE 5
1. Big Thunder Mountain -
2. Country Bear Jamboree -
3. Splash Mountain -
4. Tom Sawyer Island -
5. Frontierland Shootin’ Arcade -

Group F - Mickey’s Toontown Fair - MAKE 5
1. Pixie Hollow -
2. The Barnstormer at Goofy’s Wiseacre Farm -
3. Donald’s Boat -
4. Splash Mountain -
5. Judge’s Tent -

Group G – Mickey’s Toontown Fair Part 2 - MAKE 5
1. Mickey’s Country House -
2. Minnie’s Country House -
3. Mickey Mouse -
4. Crystal Palace -
5. Pluto -

Group H - Tomorrowland Part 1 - MAKE 5
1. Astro Orbiter -
2. Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin -
3. Carousel of Progress -
4. Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor -
5. Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café -

Group I - Tomorrowland Part 2 - MAKE 5
1. Space Mountain -
2. Stitch's Great Escape -
3. Tomorrowland Speedway -
4. Tomorrowland Transit Authority -
5. Pick your theme -

Group J - Liberty Square - MAKE 5
1. Haunted Mansion -
2. Hall of Presidents -
3. Liberty Square Riverboats -
4. Pick your theme -
5. Pick your theme -

Group K - Main Street USA - MAKE 5
1. Shopping -
2. Main Street Vehicles -
3. Walt Disney World Railroad
4. Harmony Barbershop -
5. Pick your theme -

Group L – Shows - MAKE 5
1. Dream Along with Mickey -
2. Wishes Nighttime Spectacular -
3. Celebrate! A Dream Come True Parade -
4. SpectroMagic -
5. Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Street Party -

Group M – Castle Area - MAKE 5
1. Cinderella’s Castle -
2. Cinderella’s Fountain -
3. Wishing Well -
4. Statue of Walt & Mickey -
5. Small statues in circle courtyard -

Group N – Miscellaneous - MAKE 5
1. Dole Whip -
2. Mickey Ice Cream -
3. Popcorn -
4. Taking a Break -
5. Snack Time -

Group O – Miscellaneous Part 2 - MAKE 5
1. Ferryboat -
2. Monorail -
3. We’re here! -
4. Saying Goodbye -
5. Checking out the Map -

Group P - Miscellaneous Part 3 - MAKE 5
1. Fastpasses -
2. Pin Trading -
3. Autographs -
4. Let the Memories Begin
5. Pick your theme -

Please note that Group Q and R are NOT groups of 5

Group Q - Tours - MAKE 4
1. Keys to the Kingdom Tour -
2. Magical Milestones Tour -
3. The Magic Behind our Steam Train Tour -
4. Family Magic Tour -

Group R – Lands – elements must be for the general area, not attraction specific - MAKE 8
1. Adventureland -
2. Frontierland -
3. Liberty Square -
4. Fantasyland -
5. Tomorrowland -
6. Toontown -
7. Main Street USA-
8. Magic Kingdom -

For Groups AA through YY, you will make one single element from the list above. PLEASE LIS YOUR ELEMENT OF CHOICE WHEN SIGNING UP> This has changed as I didn't want to infrige on the letter swaps happening in February. I will open up/combine groups as needed.

Group AA - Pirates - MAKE 6

Group BB - Princesses - MAKE 6

Group CC - Castle - MAKE 6

Group DD - Fireworks - MAKE 6

Group EE - Parades - MAKE 6

Group FF - Autographs - MAKE 6

Group GG - Characters - MAKE 6

Group HH - Disney Snacks - MAKE 6

Group II - Adventureland - MAKE 6

Group JJ - Frontierland - MAKE 6

Group KK - Liberty Square - MAKE 6

Group LL - Fantasyland - MAKE 6

Group MM - Tomorrowland - MAKE 6

Group NN - Toontown - MAKE 6

Group OO - Main Street USA - MAKE 6

Group PP - Magic Kingdom - MAKE 6

Group QQ - Jungle Cruise - MAKE 6

Group RR - Pirates of the Caribbean - MAKE 6

Group SS - Mad Tea Party - MAKE 6

Group TT - Haunted Mansion - MAKE 6

Group UU - Splash Mountain - MAKE 6

Group VV - It's A Small World - MAKE 6

Group WW - Space Mountain - MAKE 6

Group XX - Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - MAKE 6

Group YY - Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - MAKE 6

Danielle,

I will be your back up hostess on this.... This looks good. I would keep it simple. No more than 2 groups for each set. No reason for it to get too big when we have plenty of room to do smaller avenues of this later. (especially characters, 2" letters of the lands/rides and stuff are being done at a later date ~ these are actually being done in February so please keep them out of this swap; we can refer whomever is interested to the swap specifically for them. No pages either; as we have those swaps coming up shortly too. Elements only is perfect; or of course whatever mini-kit you come up with.).

This swap is on the books to open sign ups on Jan.10th. The due date is 3/31. You could move the sign up date later in January but the month of February is booked with numerous swaps and I would hate for you or someone else to become overwhelmed.

I went in your thread and just changed the letters to back to backs.. no need for you to wonder where letter C went.... LOL

Nan- Thanks for the backup. I appreciate the help since I had to back out of the last swap. I just want everyone to know that I am in a good place and I am confident that I can return to the boards. I wouldn't return unless I was sure I was able to follow through on this as it's a big committment for everyone. I certainly do appreciate all of your help and I'm sure I will have tons of questions I will be looking to you for help on answers to. The 10th will be find for signups. I will keep the due date as is unless someone runs into trouble with time.

Here's what I was thinking - I want to get rid of the MICKEY and MINNIE 2" letters altogether. They belong in the character swap to come later on. The rest of the groups seem pretty set to me. I'll certainly make any changes/additions if anyone has suggestions. I love to see new ideas.

When I was going back through last year's Magic Kingdom swap I saw a lot of names we haven't seen on the boards for months. Where has everyone gone? :confused3

Also, February calendar looks packed. Could we combine the two 2" letter swaps? Then we would only have one set of check in dates to keep up with? I think they're both being hosted by the same person. I find it's easier to be in a bigger swap with one set of deadlines than to be in several swaps and try to keep up with all the dates. Maybe it's not the same for others, just a thought.

Actually, we can not combine the 2" letter groups.. 1. they are hosted by 2 different people.. 2. when we combine those 2" letter groups the numbers become outrageous for someone to handle. (one swap had over 56 groups last year with 2" letters). This is why we decided to break them down into smaller swaps.

Mycutepatooties is going specifically with the park/icons... mainly from what I remember in conversations: park names; icons specific to that park.

LM3K's going with the ride specific names... She can't even go with all the rides or she will be overwhelmed. If there is a lot of interest in the ride specific names we are going to have to break that down into 2-3 swaps spread throughout the year.

While the 2" letters are small and easy to work with.. because they are small people tend to take more groups, they fill and more groups open.. it becomes a larger number than anticipated.

We are trying to give everyone a lot of stuff to choose from at different times throughout the year so that no one gets burnt out. Things come and go on the boards and it won't be much longer til 2" letters or 4" letters are not wanting to be done..

Not trying to be nasty; just wanted you to know why we separated things out like we did...

I definitely am interested in mini kits for this swap because like was already said...mini kits make it easier to do full pages.

Sorry - Didn't realize. Was just brainstorming outloud - guess I should stop doing that :rotfl::rotfl: I didn't realize that swap got so big - I don't think I was in on that one. Now the reasoning makes perfect sense. Guess I'll have to pay a little closer attention and check it out when signups roll around.

NO! NO!! Please think out LOUD! That is the only way everyone is on the same wave length.. I'm always willing to answer question as to why things are done a certain way if someone asks the question!!! It all seems like it would be easy.. then when you go to sorting... oh my goodness..

I know the AK swap I hosted whew! I was a stressed person.. so stressed.. when I started sorting into groups I locked the bedroom door when I was in there; when I left.. I was so afraid of losing a baggie of those 2" letters... I was never so glad to get those out of my house! LOL

Here's what I was thinking - I want to get rid of the MICKEY and MINNIE 2" letters altogether. They belong in the character swap to come later on. The rest of the groups seem pretty set to me. I'll certainly make any changes/additions if anyone has suggestions. I love to see new ideas.

Hi I haven't swapped in a long time - used up most of my supply and finally have a cricut - and have a trip planned for Mid/Late Aug so I am thinking of starting small but was wondering if you take out M/M what about adding the Pooh Characters? for those of us who dine at Crystal Palace we could use them on those pages. Thanks Michelle

If you check out the 2011 swap calendar, we are having a character swap that we will have pooh characters.

I'm not sure if the hostess intends to have characters at all in this swap and instead will focus on the MK lands/rides/dining/events

Oh thanks I didn't see that one - oops must have read right over it.. :)

Welcome back! I'm not going to have characters included in this swap, but definitely will have them all when i hostess the character one later in the year. Please join us in the fun of this one, too!

And I'll have the character 2" words & 4" altered letters in September :)

I'm looking forward to making a few groups of mini-kits in this swap!

Welcome back! I'm not going to have characters included in this swap, but definitely will have them all when i hostess the character one later in the year. Please join us in the fun of this one, too!

Thank you if this was for me.. I do plan on joining this one anyhow - sounds like lots of fun!

I will probably do some groups too, like the mini kits too, but whatever is decided will be fine with me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter