Major Epcot Transformation Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if I am reading post 1 about SSE it seems the ride will not be closed for that major 2 year refurb, that was to be starting at any moment, as was rumored correct?

Just a new narration which will likely be down for a week or so likely during the "slow" season.

So if I am reading post 1 about SSE it seems the ride will not be closed for that major 2 year refurb, that was to be starting at any moment, as was rumored correct?

Just a new narration which will likely be down for a week or so likely during the "slow" season.
Oh no it’s going down for a major refurb. They are adding new scenes, refreshing old ones and changing up the story.

No it is getting a refresh and added scenes too. Not just the audio.

My complete guess based on zero factual information is sometime in early 2020. You'd think Disney would want to keep it open for the Holiday crowds since it eats up a lot of guests each hour.

I like the concepts and layout stuff but honestly this D23 was a disappointment attraction wise and detail wise. Leaving the 800lb gorilla (Journey into Imagination) in limbo once more is almost unforgivable. That entire pavilion is a microcosm of everything wrong with the Bob Iger/Chapek stewardship of the parks. The fix is so obvious and yet Disney can't seem to be bothered to restore that attraction to its former greatness. A real pity. No problems with Moana getting a ride but wouldn't Adventureland in MK be a better home for it? God forbid if its a swap for Figment, even in his current shell of a ride self.

Honestly, I think if we read between the lines. Imagination is going to get it's redo soon. The Spine is Phase 1. Can't make announcements on everything at one D23.

I'm curious with the escalators, stairs, and elevation for the Celebration area, what that means for Imagination's second floor. Seems like the same "ADA issues" that we've heard about for years.

It isn't wasted space to Disney. It is constantly hosting private events.
...and it’s a space where they mostly charge for hosted events too. More money more Disney.
I was just wishing for something more, it’s fine. I’m so tired of complaining anymore...
I’m giving up. I’m sure it will all be fine. I just wish I could be blown away... instead of meh.
First world problems... right?

In the EPCOT model they showed a Coco guitar and maracas outside the pyramid. What was that about? I was expecting to hear about a new Coco show or update to the ride through attraction. Why would they put that in the display if nothing was happening?

In the EPCOT model they showed a Coco guitar and maracas outside the pyramid. What was that about? I was expecting to hear about a new Coco show or update to the ride through attraction. Why would they put that in the display if nothing was happening?

They do have performances by Mariachi Cobre of music from Coco in there now so that could be it.

I hope it's less like the teacups/alien ride and more like dumbo/magic carpets (maybe have people ride on bouncing carousel animals??) That would be pretty cute.

My "armchair imagineering" idea has been something like Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters where you ride carousel horses and they start out in classic carousel formation, but then break free and do choreographed movements to songs from the films

My "armchair imagineering" idea has been something like Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters where you ride carousel horses and they start out in classic carousel formation, but then break free and do choreographed movements to songs from the films
That would be perfect! Luigi’s was surprisingly amusing & fun for a tiny attraction.

Like others have stated, I don't see Figment surviving either. I am glad EPCOT is getting some major improvements tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter