Making Wishes Come True

Prince Ali Ababwa

Earning My Ears
Ok so I am not *really* a Prince, I am wearing a clever Disguise!

This is because the Princess I am in love with :love: is also a regular DISzer (did I spell that right?) and I wanted to beseech the Genies (and Fairies) of the DIS boards for some advice.

It is my intention to ask for my princess' hand in marriage, and I have determined... admittedly with hints from the Princess herself... that it would make it all the more magical by making the proposal whilst on a Disney Vacation!

The Princess knows I want to ask the question and she is waiting patiently, I truly want this to be AWE inspiring, since beneath my disguise I am still simply a street rat.

Thanks to a suggestion that someone made to the Princess I have already decided that the way this will work is you can all make suggestions as to how I can put this magical event into practice via PM to me (so she can't read them) but I will keep using this thread as a way of asking the whole board for extra advice, without spoiling anything for Alic.. the Princess. :rolleyes1

Now you must all forgive me as I can't divulge anything *too* specific lest my disguise be thwarted but we are planning a trip later this year about " a month beginning with N" ;) and we will be traveling from Australia to Florida via LA then taking a leisurely (and hopefully Romantic) DCL Cruise and then back to Disneyland.

and now the one last thing I would like to mention is that I am unfortunately running very short on Wishes (I mean just having met the Princess was the first) so as you PM me your wonderful suggestions please remember that I want to give her the Royal treatment... but on a street rat's budget. :rotfl:

oooh, this is so much fun !

I thought there was an open invitation for us all to witness said proposal! :confused3

Sorry cant really help with specific suggestions, but am lurking with much anticipation.:dance3:

Prince, this is all very exciting :yay:.

I'm just going to collect some ideas and I'll PM you in the next couple of days :thumbsup2.

What a lovely Prince you are creating this special, very well thought out and well planned, life long memory for your Princess :love:

Oooooh yay, how exciting. Likewise, give me a few days to compile my ideas but I have to say this is very exciting and I hope you are going to hire a videographer to capture it all so us back home on the Dis can watch it :rotfl2:

lol. i found you!!!!

but i love the idea of the PMs so that i can't actually see the info.

carlo and i will keep you up to date with all of our thoughts/plans etc as this comes about, and i can imagine we'll be writing a very interesting TR by the time our trip is over.

Carlo has also asked me to come on here and come up with some ideas myself, so... i will also be PMing him... how strange is that.

you should have seen him last night... i walked into the computer room and he banged the lid of the laptop down so fast, i thought i'd stumbled upon him watching something risque... turns out... he was reading this blog & all the comments and the previous post i'd created :) :rotfl:

so.. thank you everyone for being so awesome about this... and i am very much going to enjoy this wonderful surprise :)

Alicia and Carlo, I think this little Disboards quest for proposal ideas will add another layer of fun and excitement to your "proposal". It's a bit like trip planning a year in advance really. It makes the whole thing seem more real, it lets the fun begin alot earlier and builds the anticipation so that it isn't just about the event, but the whole journey.

I think we are all going to love taking this trip with you guys. No pressure Carlo :rotfl2::rotfl2:

That was me suggesting the PM route - only because I'd be too darn snoopy to not look at a thread if it was me that was being discussed! I'll PM you my idea.

I wish I could see those PM's :sad1: I want to follow the suggestions.

Is there an option to block someone from a thread?

That was me suggesting the PM route - only because I'd be too darn snoopy to not look at a thread if it was me that was being discussed! I'll PM you my idea.

the PM idea was great. i have no access to that info now :)

lol.

i would be too darn snoopy too.

i even told him to choose a different password as i know most of his and i'd be too tempted to hack his account/email :)

you know.. in a totally, non-snooping way of course.

lol.

I love your Dis Name! It's so perfect!

it's very cute, and when i saw it, i got the song in my head...and it's been there all day now :)

only problem is, i'm no princess and i'm definitely not jasmine (his ex's name - blech!!)

he is a prince in disguise. i'm just a girl.

I wish I could see those PM's :sad1: I want to follow the suggestions.

Is there an option to block someone from a thread?

hrmm. i don't know.

i can stop replying and unsubscribe. that might be easiest.

Well as you can see my Princess is a detective equal to the best and has seen through my brilliant disguise ;).

So yes it is me Carlo!

I will still try to surprise her so I think the PM route will be the best route but I will make posts here in future when I either need clarification for a suggestion or want to test how you all feel about something that has been suggested to me.

The little teases should either thrill Alicia or convince her that she shouldn't be reading this thread, although I must admit that is much less likely :laughing:.

I don't have internet access at work and we only have one computer at home atm so I hope you all understand I won't be here as frequently as my Princess.

I have already received a couple of PM's which I will comment on soon and I thank you all for helping me with plan what is already shaping up to be a very special and memorable moment for both of us.

Thank you all again for helping me.

Sometimes I can be quite creative my self but I don't have any real way to "test" my own ideas for this and i still want perfection!

Ok I will begin scouring the rest of this forum for previous threads that relate to weddings and proposals but in the mean time I'll let you know that I believe a quiet, private moment would be preferred as opposed to something over loud speakers in front of a crowd ( although I thought that was clever ;) ) So if you can think your favourite Disney Locales and filter that through Romantic, DLR and DCL, then I'll start making lists. (see I've been paying attention and I know the acronyms! :cool1: )

I'm pretty sure that involving characters or CM's would still be ok though. (I certainly wouldn't mind if Mickey was there :thumbsup2 ! )

ok, i have it! :wave2::wave2::wave2::wave2:

Pick the end of the night @ Magic kingdom, ask the cast member to give you your own boat for its a small world.....then do the do there......your only audience will be creepy animatronic dancing dolls........perfect pixiedust:
or haunted mansion, space mountain, peter pan, dumbo..........and put the ring in a giant tub of popcorn/ imbeded in a turkey leg/ slip it on a churro..

or....

when you buy a little trinket, prearrange for the teller to hand over the ring box with the change.......that'll trick her.:hyper::hyper::hyper:

when you buy a little trinket, prearrange for the teller to hand over the ring box with the change.......that'll trick her.:hyper::hyper::hyper:

You have no idea how me that idea is...

Ok so some more filters, sooner is better than later in the trip and we are starting on the cruise.

I would really love to hear of some more attractions or moments you all think are romantic, i still need more ingredients for my perfect moment :stir:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter