When I zoom in on the pics in the link they are too blurry to see detail! Can someone post better pics for sick me at home with only my phone to view them on? Pretty please?

I feel that way about all the values honestly although I've only stayed at Pop and All Star Sports. They really do offer what you need. While I prefer Port Orleans now since they feel less chaotic to me, I would go back to the value resorts and be just fine with it. My little sister and I looked seriously at Pop for marathon weekend, but decided that we liked how close POFQ was to Epcot and all the race start and finish lines and knew our routine for the resort.
I am not really a fan of any of the moderate resorts. Nothing against them perse but more of a "pro" for the value resorts. For us, it's either deluxe or value...I just don't see the ROI for a moderate over the values.

I have ZERO issues with the black & gold full medal

kdjhfgjkheg873981-jpg.353673

giphy.gif

26730761_10215853733402727_5051198706629998946_n.jpg

26731375_1581179988637353_3549700832254627173_n.jpg

I’m a fan of the medals. Kind of sad about Oswald change, but then again, now I get an Oswald shirt. I was remorseful about skipping his meet and greet last year but was nervous about my finish time.

Minnie polka dot is a nice touch.

I like angry Donald and Mickey.

Goofy 2019 is better than the weird sharp 2018 one.

Dopey 2018 was better IMO but since this will be my first Dopey I’ll take it

Overall, I really like almost all of the medals. I'm very interested to see what's on the other side of Mickey for the marathon medal. It's a little disappointing that the medal itself isn't shaped like a Mickey head, but no big deal. Since I'm just running Goofy, I'm especially happy to see the Goofy design and that it fits into the overall motif. The big head scratcher for me is the 5k medal. Oswald isn't a Fab 5 character and feels quite out of place. It is just a very odd departure from the overall theming of the weekend.

Fitting that the first day of my marathon training plan falls on the same day they reveal the medals. Now I'm even more excited to start! I like the marathon medal, but my first thought was "y so angry, mickey" but that's what all my race photos look like, so it's fine.

Yea!!!! Doing my best excited Kermit the Frog impression here. Thanks for posting them.

As much as I was looking forward to a Pluto medal, I really do love the Oswald one. So I'm caught between disappointment over not being able to do a fab 5 medal photo shot with Pluto, Minnie, Donald, Mickey, and Goofy (not all at once as that might prove impossible) and genuinely really liking the Oswald medal.

After fearing that my possible one marathon weekend would have a medal that I just didn't like, I'm very happy. I really like them all. Plus I think I like Dopey having a pick. Maybe I'll pretend it's a lightsaber. Yeah, I like that idea. I'm such a geek.

I think they look great, super excited! I'm pretty easy to please. I'm glad they all look like a matched set and no weird shapes like last years's goofy. And Goofy spins is says so cool. And it sure looks like Mickey might too?!.
I also like the matched set look of all of them. My guess is that Goofy's head spins. I also like how Dopey appears to have each distance on the bottom sides of the medal.

You all may not like the medals, but once Mickey is placed around my neck, it will be the most beautiful thing I've seen. It's getting real now! :eek:
It gave me a jolt of excitement too. Now as to whether or not the marathon medal can top the Kessel Run medal in my eyes remains to be seen. But I'm a huge Star Wars geek.

OSWALD!!!!!!! ♥♥♥ I don't understand the reasoning behind this odd change, but I like it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one perplexed by this. It sure doesn't look like a spinner :scratchin...
Didn't they also say that Mickey is a spinner as well?

I'm with you on the 5K medal change, but I also really like it. I would have been happy with Pluto too.

I am having some serious FOMO over that Oswald medal! If anyone knows or hears of a way to get a 5k bib legally that doesn't require tickets (i have an AP) or hotel room (I live close by) please let me know! If not I'll just hope some pins make it to the outlets. :thumbsup2

I'm on the other side here. I'm very glad it didn't work out for me to do the 5k this time. I care nothing for Oswald.

I do think the marathon medal is cool looking. However, I will have to be perfectly happy with my Donald medal (which I know I will be!)

I think my ODS is going to love his Mickey medal.

I'm ok with the medals for Marathon Weekend, we get what appears to be two spinners.
I also like that the diameter gets larger with the distance, has that always been like that?
Not always. The marathon is usually the biggest though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter