Marathon Weekend 2024

Just inserting my regular reminder that our forecast here in FL for the next 24 hours has changed 5 times in the last 24 hours. I am not at all opposed to early weather talk - let it rip! Just remember that all forecasts are subject to many, many changes, and a forecast for unusually warm weather can switch to a forecast for unusually cold weather in a matter of hours. If you ran 2017, you know this well! PACK IT ALL! :rotfl:

My favorite part of Florida weather is that you can be on one side of the street where it is sunny, and across the street it is raining. If I remember 2020 correctly, the 5k had perfect weather in the 50s, but by the half it was starting temps in the 70s. Trust no forecast!

Just for “fun”, I’m stalking my local forecast every few hours, because we’ve got a BIG front rolling in that looks tropical, even though we’re no longer in tropical storm season: high winds, coastal flooding from storm surge, a metric ton of rainfall, and the possibility of tornadoes… wheeeeee!

After dodging snow storms last year on my final long runs for Dopey, I decided to head to Florida this year for a sim weekend. Thankfully, I picked last weekend when it was hot rather than stupid wet.

It sounds like I should find a Plan C for next year. :rotfl2:

Just for “fun”, I’m stalking my local forecast every few hours, because we’ve got a BIG front rolling in that looks tropical, even though we’re no longer in tropical storm season: high winds, coastal flooding from storm surge, a metric ton of rainfall, and the possibility of tornadoes… wheeeeee! Trying to schedule a long run and grocery shopping around this is more challenging than deciding on MW clothing choices, lol!
We're going to Disney this weekend before our passes are blocked out for the rest of the year. We haven't done MK with the Christmas decorations yet and need to ride holiday Living With the Land! I'm hoping the weather will keep everyone away. :D

Got an ups notification that my virtual 5k stuff is coming today! So excited. Planning to bring it to mw and do the 5k either Thursday afternoon or Sunday morning on property.

As for weather I’m also waiting to see how a predicted Sunday storm shakes out here. I have a 10 planned but I also have a 12 planned for next Friday so I may just bag the 10 and do an 11 next week and call myself prepared.

Just inserting my regular reminder that our forecast here in FL for the next 24 hours has changed 5 times in the last 24 hours. I am not at all opposed to early weather talk - let it rip! Just remember that all forecasts are subject to many, many changes, and a forecast for unusually warm weather can switch to a forecast for unusually cold weather in a matter of hours. If you ran 2017, you know this well! PACK IT ALL! :rotfl:
Ever time I think about looking at the forecast I remind myself…… 2017.

Friendly reminder that it's a good idea to do a test-run in your costume. (I may have discovered yesterday that my marathon skirt's tulle has a cut-end in the front center of the skirt, that tangles between my legs HORRIBLY.)

And also consider the logistics of using a bathroom (especially portas 🤢 since that's all that's available at the start area) while wearing your costume.

At home, after sleeping late because the forecast showed nonstop rain from 6am through the rest of the day, and the weather app says “Rain” right now… it is currently not raining. At all. :rolleyes: Whatever; I didn’t feel like running this morning, anyway.

Just a little real-world peek at trying to guess the weather here in FL!

Where’s our Guide and maps?! :surfweb:

At home, after sleeping late because the forecast showed nonstop rain from 6am through the rest of the day, and the weather app says “Rain” right now… it is currently not raining. At all. :rolleyes: Whatever; I didn’t feel like running this morning, anyway.

Just a little real-world peek at trying to guess the weather here in FL!

Where’s our Guide and maps?! :surfweb:
We went to MK this morning and it is definitely raining. 😝

We usually pack light when we go to Disney, and don't check luggage. Unless it's a race weekend. Then I'll pack a whole suitcase with running clothes for all the seasons. The only thing I don't bring is the jacket I wear in the winter. Otherwise, it all gets packed.
We actually just signed up for an Owner's Locker, which will be really helpful for keeping throw away clothes that doesn't get used during the race weekend. Last year, I ended up leaving a bunch of things behind, since they didn't fit in our suitcase. Now, I'll just stuff it in the owner's locker and save it for the next race weekend.

Update: because it was still not raining when I got back from the grocery store, I went out for a run… it started raining 5 minutes later. :rotfl2: Just a steady drizzle with a little wind, though: no man-eating puddles or lightning, which are my deal breakers. Now that I’m showered and eating lunch, it’s… no longer raining. #OhFlorida

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter