• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2024

SAFD: Nowhere. I need to sacrifice to the tiki gods in order to fall asleep in the first place, it's not happening in public. If I'm tired and want to rest, I head back to whatever DVC resort I'm booked at and either have some quiet time in the room or by the pool.

I can't believe not every single person is saying Hall of Presidents. It's a no-brainer.
I’ve never been to see Hall of Presidents or Country Bears (and likely never will). There are some things that I just know aren’t for me and I spend my time other ways. I’m sure if I did happen into either it would be the result of an exhausted haze and I would no doubt watch the back of my eyelids rather than the show.
honestly the whole concept of purposely taking a nap at an attraction is foreign to me
I’ve never intentionally fallen asleep, it just happens. I remain aware enough that I’ve never had to be woken up to leave; it’s generally a head-bobbing, quasi-nap but I think that still counts.

I’ve never intentionally fallen asleep, it just happens. I remain aware enough that I’ve never had to be woken up to leave; it’s generally a head-bobbing, quasi-nap but I think that still counts.
The head bobbing is so accurate! I would usually just go back to my room if I was that tired but sometimes you’re with someone who isn’t as tired and you gotta rally! Funny enough I never had this problem for any of the Dopey races despite averaging 4hrs of sleep per race, but I got about 2.5hrs of sleep before my Princess race and that left me very drowsy, so I guess 4hrs is my minimum to stay awake in the parks after a race 😂

SAFD: my second answer, and the reason why I'll drive to the start area from now on: on Sunday, I kissed my DW off at gear check, as that's as far as I'm allowed to go. Then I went back to the car, and took a nap there for a couple of hours! 😴

Then I woke up and went to chase her at MK (and missed)

SAFD: I never fall asleep while at the parks, with one exception. At Wine and Dine 2021, we bought tickets for the Christmas party. After two back to back early wake ups, plus the after party on Sunday, I was not able to make it through Its a small world without my eyes getting very heavy and some longer than average blinks.

SAFD: I never fall asleep while at the parks, with one exception. At Wine and Dine 2021, we bought tickets for the Christmas party. After two back to back early wake ups, plus the after party on Sunday, I was not able to make it through Its a small world without my eyes getting very heavy and some longer than average blinks.

I’m not brave enough to risk falling asleep in what is already a nightmarish fever dream.

SAFD: I can honestly say that I've never napped while in the parks. Napping has to be an accident for me (falling asleep on purpose in the middle of the day is impossible), and I'm usually so wired with adrenaline when I'm at Disney World that I would never be able to fall asleep in the first place. I intend to DATW the day after the marathon in January, so I may be eating my words on napping at a park. 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter