Marathon Weekend 2024

SAFD:

I’ve had a few photos that I took during the Enchantment fireworks in the past couple years printed on canvas that I’ve hung up:
View attachment 805919
This one is surrounded by a couple of Funko displays (most of which are Disney):
View attachment 805920
And I also have the canvas print I got at Festival of the Arts a few years back:View attachment 805921

Either my cold is making me delirious or I should change my morning coffee from decaf to regular, but I swear when my eyes first saw that FoA print, I saw onion rings in the tree.

I've been lurking for a bit after LOTS of travel, but happy to jump into the SAFD this week to show off my new guest room! We put the animation cells we've had in storage, our Jungle Cruise painting and our gift for being founding owners of AKV Kidani all up in here, too. This was such fun to put together!

20230723_194244.jpg

Yes, that's a hidden Oswald over there:
20230723_194237.jpg

20230806_170227.jpg20230806_170206.jpg

TAFDD? Tuesdays are for Disney dining? (Apologies if I'm stealing a future-week's question; I'm looking for some inspiration.)

ADR day is going to arrive this week for many of us. Where are you making reservations? Trying somewhere new? Sticking with your favorite(s)?

TAFDD: I HAD a plan, and then that darn Target circle ticket deal got me and I cut waaay back on the table service plans to compensate. Right now we are planning to stick with our favorites (Sanaa, Morimoto, and brunch on Saturday at Homecomin') and then doing a lot of quick service in the parks and DS, but I am very curious to see what others have planned since I wouldn't mind trying something new to us.

TAFDD: I almost always stick to counter service on my solo MW trips. That way I can go with whatever I have a taste for on a given day in whatever park I end up in rather than having to predict what I'll be in the mood for 2 months in advance. That being said, I'll probably make a reservation for Via Napoli the Tuesday I arrive. I love their quattro formagi pizza! That's most likely the only one, though.

TAFDD: I got up this morning to book reservations. For our first day at Epcot (January 2nd), I was able to get us San Angel Inn for lunch and then got a Space 220 reservation for dinner. Tried to get us a lunch reservation at Beaches and Cream on New Years Day but no go. We are a party of 6. If I search for a party of 4 or 2, I can book a lunch reservation. But not 6. I tried to split the party and make two different reservations, but it makes me give up the previous reservation.

Tomorrow I will be trying for Prime Time 50's Cafe since that day is not showing open yet for us.

I have no plans for reservations. We tend to figure it out when we are hungry. We are staying in our camper at Ft Wilderness for Dopey. We will probably just bring stuff to eat a few dinners there. We tend to just sit at bar or lounges anyway when we do go out and those don’t take reservations.

TAFDD:
Citricos for NYE with the family. Might end up regretting that, since DS11 and DS8 are not great table-service kids.
Splitsville for Wednesday after Expo
Garden Grill breakfast for Thursday 5k with DS
I still want to book Cape May Café for brunch on Saturday and Toledo for Sunday Dopey celebration

We aren’t staying on site and aren’t planning any park days as of right now. We might look for something on Sunday night at a resort or Disney Springs in anticipation of a celebration meal but, otherwise, we’ll likely eat mostly at whatever we can get short notice if we end up eating in the Disney bubble.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter