• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2024

Add me to this list of people not impressed by the Disney junior characters. I haven't looked at this year's data but last year the largest demographic was 30-40yr olds. Why not cater better to us? I would have loved some of the older characters that were out for the shorter races. I know they were going for different Disney eras per race but I only ran the full and would have preferred characters from all 100 years and not just the last 20. I did practically leap for joy when I saw Joy so characters were still a hit for me (it could also have been mile 23 delirium 🙃).

Regarding music, I remember hearing Bad Romance twice which I didn't mind but when I heard Single Ladies in World Showcase I was utterly confused.

Btw, hi friends. 👋 It's been a hectic few days and I've been away from the boards. Hope everyone was able to make the best of their weekend! I had a blast.

in the world of
View attachment 824736

I knew about getting the marathon ears embroidered but you can also get them hand-decorated/personalized in MK at the Christmas shop (across from where they do the hand-decorated parasols) and they do it on the FRONT of the ears! Daaaaaang I'm glad I didn't know about that 3 years ago. I've never done the embroidery because the hats don't really fit my head, and at home I fold them in half and have them hanging on my wall with velcro command strips on the back of the ears. This would be a great way to add something to your ears though, if embroidery isn't your jam.

ETA: I'm also assuming they would do this in the Christmas shop in DS??
That’s what I did this year, after realizing I couldn’t see the embroidery on last years ears.
(Hopefully this isn’t huge)
1704937625311.jpeg

I actually loved seeing the Disney Jr. characters that are no longer in the parks. I'm a stay-at-home mom to a preschooler and a 7 yr old, and stopping for a picture with Jake (one of their favs) was the first time in 7 Disney races I stopped for a character. But there was only 1 person in line, otherwise I would have just run past like I did for Handy Manny. Loved seeing Agent P out there. If only he had had a shorter line!

I was slightly kidding, in the sense that I did stop for Perry and I've taken on course photos with characters like Nancy and Vampirina too before. It's just that to celebrate the last 25 years with Disney Junior seemed a bit strange to me. They've had quite a few good movies in the 2000s that could have been represented.

And since I was dressed as Mei Mei from Turning Red, I was secretly hoping *4Town would make an appearance. At least I got DJ CJ to play their song before the race :)

I don't think I heard "Go the Distance" the entire weekend. Perhaps it wasn't part of the loop? Or I just wasn't paying enough attention. I feel like that should be the anthem of Marathon Weekend.
I told my husband the same thing. I didn't hear it all weekend. I want to hear Go the Distance so I can cry while I'm running the marathon dang it!

Regarding the music, when exiting AK by the old Primeval Whirl ride, they had the theme from Christmas Vacation playing. I got a chuckle out of it because it is one of my all time favorite movies, but it was very random. LOL.

There was one song, I believe to be Disney, that I heard several times over the course. I didn't know what it was. But it sounds like a little boy singing it. I missed the heavy rotation of Darkwing Duck, Ducktales, and Rescue Rangers.

I've tried to do more than just wave at the photogs, so when I think about it, I try a jump. I wind up doing several so that the photog has time to realize what is happening and try to catch it.
It is very hit-n-miss, but nifty when they work. I liked the way this one came out.

Attachments

• Running_jump.JPG
    Running_jump.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 76
Anybody else come back from Marathon 2024 weekend with Covid? Both my wife and myself did the Dopey Challenge and lucky us we got a nice departing gift :(
That is a bummer. I have gotten sick after every marathon weekend (even before Covid) and this year I picked something up at Princess, springtime, W&D and Space Coast. I was worried about getting sick between Dopey and Dumbo, but I’m ok so far……..

Anybody else come back from Marathon 2024 weekend with Covid? Both my wife and myself did the Dopey Challenge and lucky us we got a nice departing gift :(
My wife got Covid during the trip. My daughters and I all felt fine and tested negative. But since being home both my daughters have gotten sick and one has now tested positive. So far I am fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter