***March 2020***

Repacking because the forecast keeps climbing. Arriving Mon. Two of us landing noonish, the 3rd around 2:30. Want to be DHS bound by 4pm! Am hopeful that afternoon, after the first morning crush or ROTR hopefuls, and a couple of days before MMRR opens will mean more manageable crowds.

Most people that have done it are advising for the 8am opening to arrive at HS around 7-7:15am, IF only getting a BG is your goal.

If you are planning on rope dropping any of the headliners it sounds like you may want to get there earlier than that as the lines get crazy fast.
We just want to get a boarding group and maybe try to get in line for MMRR right at rope drop, but that’s not a must. Thanks for the info!

We just want to get a boarding group and maybe try to get in line for MMRR right at rope drop, but that’s not a must. Thanks for the info!
DHS has been opening the touchposts around 7:20am. To be on the safe side I would plan to arrive no later than 7:30am for an 8am opening so that you have time to get through bag check and into the park. I don't see any reason to get there before 7am for an 8am opening. :)

Repacking because the forecast keeps climbing. Arriving Mon. Two of us landing noonish, the 3rd around 2:30. Want to be DHS bound by 4pm! Am hopeful that afternoon, after the first morning crush or ROTR hopefuls, and a couple of days before MMRR opens will mean more manageable crowds.
We have been watching the weather for more than a week. Sunday's forecast has stayed at 69 degrees, but Monday's forecast keeps getting warmer, which is fine with us. :)

Sounds like a great day!
Were you able to get a fastpass for FOP same day?

Yes. None were available 60 days ahead. I got two 40 some days ahead of time just checking less often than once a day and then two more mid afternoon of the same day. Took plenty of refreshing. They were planning on waiting two hours for it.

Only seven more days! I have not packed but my laundry is done and my outfits for the trip are set aside on my rolling clothing rack. I will not pack until Saturday though. The weather is just so unpredictable at this time of the year.

I walked from the BC to DHS this morning, leaving the resort around 6:40am and arriving right at 7am. Bag check lines were not very busy. They started to let people in the park a few minutes after I got there. I tapped in approx 7:12am and walked right back to the BC for breakfast. I logged into my MDE account at 8am from the BC and got boarding group 10.

We walked back to DHS around 9am and the ride was down. They said that I could come back anytime that day. So we used all our fastpasses, had lunch, and then went to the ride at 12:30. I was done 37 minutes later. It was a great ride and the plans worked out perfectly. :)

I walked from the BC to DHS this morning, leaving the resort around 6:40am and arriving right at 7am. Bag check lines were not very busy. They started to let people in the park a few minutes after I got there. I tapped in approx 7:12am and walked right back to the BC for breakfast. I logged into my MDE account at 8am from the BC and got boarding group 10.

We walked back to DHS around 9am and the ride was down. They said that I could come back anytime that day. So we used all our fastpasses, had lunch, and then went to the ride at 12:30. I was done 37 minutes later. It was a great ride and the plans worked out perfectly. :)

Sounds like a perfect morning!!! Did you use any of the tips and tricks floating around out there to get a BG?

I thought you had to be inside HS to get a boarding group?

That’s really interesting that you don’t have to stay before getting your boarding group. I scanned into the park ten minutes before opening, then waited until I got my boarding group before heading back to my hotel for breakfast. I’ll keep that in mind for next time!

I have read about many people successfully tapping into HS early, leaving the park and still securing a boarding group from their hotel, while eating breakfast, etc.

I have not read of anybody actually tapping into HS and then rope dropping a 2nd park and tapping into EC, MK or AK prior to 8am and still getting a BG.

To play it safe I would not tap into another park until after securing the BG.

Has anyone seen an Official Thread for Epcot's Flower and Garden Festival on Disboards? Would love to be able to see some of the food and activities before we go at the end of March.
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this but I love the Food&Wine app. It doesn't have photos but it lists each booth offerings and you can mark the items you want to try plus mark them once you have tried them.

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this but I love the Food&Wine app. It doesn't have photos but it lists each booth offerings and you can mark the items you want to try plus mark them once you have tried them.

Me too, we love using it during the festivals! And checking off our wish list items beforehand...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter