Meg & Co. Take Over WDW! UD 7/25: We Leave TOMORROW!

Junior Prom!

May 7, 2010.

The day we'd all been looking forward to for years and years and years. Prom day.

Let's break it down, shall we?

We had a full first period, which unfortunately for me was Trig. Which is, of course, my worst class. Oh, well.

We trudged to second period, which was Spanish. It was really fun, actually. I got to hang out and laugh with my friend, Jake.

We got called down to the auditorium at 8:50. We had to sit through the traditional "don't drink and drive" presentation (which made several of us cry during the video portion) until 10:30. My grandma picked me up, and home I went.

I took a shower immediately, because I had to wash my hair, and my thick, long hair takes a LONG time to dry!

I cozied up in a button-down shirt and jeans, and played a computer game for a little while before eating a quick lunch. I watched Mamma Mia! and just chilled til my hair appointment at 3:00. Luckily, there's a hair salon a few streets down from my house, so I was able to cut through the neighborhood and walk there.

Thank goodness for Ramone! He did my hair for a Make-a-Wish function a few years back, and he is the Hispanic updo HOMBRE! Gracias, Ramone!

Mom brought me home, and I relaxed some more before getting dressed up and bejewled.

Here's the final product! :

001.jpg

We went to pick up one of my best friends, Ellen, around 6.

Here we are, ready to go! :

002.jpg

Yes, I am standing on a step. Ellen's 5'10.5". I'm 4'10.5". Awkward? Yes. A bit.

Anyways...

On we went to the RI Convention Center! Yes, we were going all out for this year's prom!

The theme was "Above the City Lights". Fancy, no?

Well the "above" was quite so. We were on the 5th floor, in a large, nice ballroom.

We met up with friends, the cast whom you'll be hearing about from here on out:

Meaghan W. (another best friend)
Tereasa (a friend from Geometry last year)
Tereasa's friend (Tereasa's friend whose name I never figured out)
Aly (a friend)
Alicia (Aly's "date" and Meaghan W.'s neighbor/best friend)

True to the "city lights" theme, each table was named after a different famous city. After some...errr...navigational issues, we finally found our table, Bangladesh. Ooh la la!

Our table was me, Ellen, Tereasa, her friend, Ryan B. and his girlfriend, Aly, Alicia, and two other girls. Meaghan W. got separated from us, unfortunately, but spent the whole rest of the night with us!

Here's the table (I loved the floating candles!) :

004.jpg

(Ryan B. and his girlfriend in the background)

Dinner was served at 7:30 (the event technically started at 7). Salad was first, followed by bread. The main course was chicken in some sort of...whiteish sauce, mashed potatoes, and veggies. Dessert was chocolate cake with an...orange slice? Yes, a random orange slice. Interesting.

We found out later that the class president, a vegetarian, got a special pasta primavera made for her...

Oh, well.

They opened up the dance floor soon after, and the party really begun!

I'll cut the dancing details short, but it sure was fun, in our little group! Everyone looked GORGEOUS, by the way. We shied away from the boys and the Populars.

Our little group (which is much bigger at school, but not everyone was at prom) is definately an ecclectic group. Populars, we're not, but we have a very diverse group. Band geeks, honors kids, jocks, singers, drama club kids, tall people, short people. And I'm the only dancer. Go figure!

In any case, we all had fun dancing to bad music and to good music.

Is it so sad that, when the Backstreet Boys and the Spice Girls came on, we were called them "oldies"?

:rotfl:

Q: What kind of deejay doesn't play the Macarena or the YMCA?

A: The deejay that the Prom Committe hired.

Seriously. No "it's fun to stay at the YYYYY-M-C-A!"

No Macarena.

No fun.

I digress.

Still, it was loads of fun. Prom King and Queen were 100% predictable, but a perfectly acceptable King and Queen. Congrats, Shane and Chelsea!

(*insert King and Queen smilies here that the DIS doesn't have but should*)

The night ended at 11. What time did I get home? 11:30. I was in bed soon after that :rotfl:

All in all, it was a very fun night, and I'm sorry that I don't have more pictures. Once they dimmed the lights, it was way too dark in the main room to take pics, and we didn't feel like going out into the hall! We were too busy dancing! :dance3:

(But not dancing like that smilie!)

No events coming up soon. Recital isn't for another month or so. I'll give quick updates until then, with countdown and trip details!

Love, Meg

Hi Meg!

Sounds like you and your friends had a fantastic time! Glad there was lots of dancing!

When referring to music of my youth, I prefer "Classics" to "Oldies!" ;)

Kathy

Hi Meg!

Sounds like you and your friends had a fantastic time! Glad there was lots of dancing!

When referring to music of my youth, I prefer "Classics" to "Oldies!" ;)

Kathy
:rotfl:

At least it was "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls. A classic, no matter what!

Hope your SATs went well (I know I'm a little late!!).

Your Boston trip looked like it was so much fun (minus the elevator experience! Goodness!!)!! I loved my Humanities class, but we didn't get to go on any fun field trips!

Prom!! How I miss going to prom!! I love your dress- you looked beautiful!!

The prom theme seemed really cool and I love the centerpieces! I remember my prom themes were: "A Night On the Town", which was my DH's senior prom. The theming and decorations were really dumb. My junior prom was Las Vegas themed, and finally, my senior prom was called "The Sweet Factory" and it was like stepping into Willy Wonka's Factory!

It sounds like you have a great group of friends. Diversity in groups makes for tons of fun and all sorts of different experiences. And poo poo to the Class President who got a special dinner made for her! Sounds like my High School class President :laughing:.

Great update!!

Hope your SATs went well (I know I'm a little late!!).

Your Boston trip looked like it was so much fun (minus the elevator experience! Goodness!!)!! I loved my Humanities class, but we didn't get to go on any fun field trips!

Prom!! How I miss going to prom!! I love your dress- you looked beautiful!!

The prom theme seemed really cool and I love the centerpieces! I remember my prom themes were: "A Night On the Town", which was my DH's senior prom. The theming and decorations were really dumb. My junior prom was Las Vegas themed, and finally, my senior prom was called "The Sweet Factory" and it was like stepping into Willy Wonka's Factory!

It sounds like you have a great group of friends. Diversity in groups makes for tons of fun and all sorts of different experiences. And poo poo to the Class President who got a special dinner made for her! Sounds like my High School class President :laughing:.

Great update!!

1) Scored a 1570! I did much better on English and the Essay than I did on the Math...let's leave it at that ;)

2) I love my Humanities class...it's been a crazy ride with those kids, but we're a little nerd family :goodvibes

3) Prom was fantabulous! Thanks for the compliment :)

4) Our class president is a pretty strict vegetarian/animal lover...she won't even eat Jell-O! She is a sweetheart, though, always all-smiles and positivity!

MEG!
Haha sorry it's like midnight and I can't sleep and I saw your ptr and since I liked you're last tr Im joining you!!!

MEG!
Haha sorry it's like midnight and I can't sleep and I saw your ptr and since I liked you're last tr Im joining you!!!

I love how you keep talking about local places! I forget we live near each other and I'm like haha it's the same way here! Oh wait...:upsidedow

Ok number 2... Where do u dance? Haha I've been to or heard of soo many studios down here I wonder if I know of yours... Sorry if I'm being a creep LOL!

And also... Assuming u go to the same school I think I met someone from your grade but I don't remember his name soooo nvm!

Boston sounded fun! I'm jeolous considering I have planned for Boston for weeks and stillhavent gotten down there! I haven't been in years but I'm going to NYC with friends next weekend!

Prom looked amazing and you looked amazing! Again jealouss since I have to wait another year for prom! And where does the guy who did ur hair work because it loooked soooooo pretty! And the convention center?!?!?!? Ur school must be HUGE! Gahh also why shy from boys? LOL jk ;)

Hey! :wave:

1) I dance at Danceology, in Warwick.

2) The guy who did my hair works at Wizzzz, also in Warwick.

3) My class has just under 300 people in it, haha. So not huge, but you figure that not everyone went, and the amount of people who brought younger/older dates or dates from out of school...the room was fairly crowded!

4) I'm not shy from boys! Most of the boys there were there with girlfriends/dates :rolleyes:

Thanks for commenting! :thumbsup2

Ahh, the memories :goodvibes

Looking at KathyRN'strippies, and seeing Hedy'sposts on Kathy's trippies reminded me of my very first-ever TR.

No, not the one you see in my sig.

The unheard-of, barely-read, "it stayed on one page and hardly anyone looked at it so I forgot about it and now I've just re-read it for the first time in over a year and wow-how-I've-changed-since-then" TR.

AKA Meg's 14th Birthday TR at Universal Orlando Resort.

So do y'all wanna read it?

::yes:: ?

Well, here ya go!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1641423

I'll just wait for you to get back.

Nice weather we're having, isn't it?

LOVE your shirt! Where'd you get it?

Oh, I'm a Junior. Yes, at PHS. Oh, really? You know so-and-so? Yep. I know them, too.

Senior Pictures? Did them on Tuesday. And you?

Senior Project? Yep, that's pretty much all set.

My dance recital is the 19th. Thanks for asking. :dance3:

You back yet? Cool!

Even from last year's English II AT/H class to this year's English III AT/H class, my writing has drastically changed--for the better! This is especially so in my essay/research paper writing.

Actually, I'm currently working on a research paper based on Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. It's quite fascinating! (*insert Nerd smilie here)

In other news...

*Less than a month til Recital 2010..."I Love the 80's!"(More on that when it comes about) :dance3:
*I'm almost officially a Senior! Class of 2011, baby :cool2:
*Taylor Swift concert in Foxboro, MA next Saturday night! :yay:
*58 days til WDW! :woohoo:

Next time I update will probably be pix from the "TSwift" concert. Then, pics/recital update. Then, assorted updates til WDW! Watch out for a special update where I explain the full story behind my username!

As always,

Love,

Meg

Next time I update will probably be pix from the "TSwift" concert. Then, pics/recital update. Then, assorted updates til WDW! Watch out for a special update where I explain the full story behind my username!

Fantastic... have a great time at the concert! :music:

I'm looking forward to reading your username story... I've always wondered about that!

Kathy

Fantastic... have a great time at the concert! :music:

I'm looking forward to reading your username story... I've always wondered about that!

Kathy
I will! Thanks!

Ahh, so you've been wondering about that, have you? Teehee!

It's quite the story, actually. Guess you'll just have to wait and see!

*Congrats on everything going to smoothly!
*Break a leg at your recital!
*My mom is probably going to be working concession at that concert (it's a benefit for her soup kitchen). Small world-it's not just a song. :rotfl::rotfl:
*I like the old TR (and I find it cool your dad works at Chuck E Cheese)

*Congrats on everything going to smoothly!
*Break a leg at your recital!
*My mom is probably going to be working concession at that concert (it's a benefit for her soup kitchen). Small world-it's not just a song. :rotfl::rotfl:
*I like the old TR (and I find it cool your dad works at Chuck E Cheese)
Thank you! :)

Cool! I'll have to say hi to Hedy's Mom if I see her!

And thanks! I find it odd that some of my classmates work for my dad...and that he's always talking about me at work. In fact, one of my friends just applied for a job there :rolleyes:

Thank you! :)

Cool! I'll have to say hi to Hedy's Mom if I see her!

And thanks! I find it odd that some of my classmates work for my dad...and that he's always talking about me at work. In fact, one of my friends just applied for a job there :rolleyes:

I was driving by Gillette Stadium yesterday, and the had a sign out saying "Taylor Swift May 5" :rotfl::rotfl:

I was driving by Gillette Stadium yesterday, and the had a sign out saying "Taylor Swift May 5" :rotfl::rotfl:
Whoops! I would hope not! :rotfl:

I'm excited! I hope we have nice weather; that stadium is all outside, and no dome/roof!

Taylor Swift!

6/5/10

Gillette Stadium

Foxboro, MA

So it was the big day on Saturday! The Taylor Swift concert!

Now, as a preface, I won't be sharing NEARLY all of the pics that I took. I took 152 pictures and 8 videos, and uploading that to Photobucket would be tedious. Additionally, there's the 25 pic limit on the DIS, so that would mean many, many posts. Also, a lot of the pictures didn't come out as well. So what you see is what you get (unless you're friends with me on Facebook and have seen the entire album under my pictures).

Mom and I went for a late-ish lunch at Applebees around 1:30. We were on the road to Foxboro by 2:30, sure that there would be a ton of traffic.

There wasn't.

We were walking around Patriot Place by 3:30.

Oh, well. Plenty of time to shop! I got my monthly chocolate (courtesty of my Chocolate Rewards Card) at Godiva, and we poked around the smaller stores. We then trekked across the lot to the bigger stores, hopping into the (air conditioned!) Christmas Tree Shop. Off-Broadway Shoes was next, and I found the CUTEST pair of Converses.

Of course, they didn't fit my tiny feet. Poooooo.

We trekked further still to Bass Pro Shops. Mom's best friend's husband is the manager here, but we didn't see him. And no wonder! That place was HUGE! It had a restuarant, snack shop, general store, etc, etc, etc. I did find a nice bracelet here for a reasonable $5. We then walked all the way back to the Stadium. By now it was after 5, and the opening acts started at 6.

As we got our tickets scanned, the kind lady told us, "Oh, you're in Club Level!"

Wickety wickety whaaa?

CLUB LEVEL!?

THANK YOU, OH WONDERFUL GRANDFATHER WHO GOT ME THESE TICKETS FOR CHRISTMAS!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

For anyone who's ever been to Gillette, Club Level is theeeee exclusive level to sit in (besides Suite Level, of course). It's entirely enclosed, air conditioned, has nicer bathrooms, and several places to get food. And REAL food. Paninis, chicken fingers, and quesadillas were just some of the many options of food here.

The opening acts started right about at 6:00. Gloriana, new country band, were on first. They were pretty good! They played a few songs, and left. The crowd was getting antsy for Justin Bieber. Oh, but first was this lovely country gal:

Kellie Pickler!

011.jpg

She actually wasn't half-bad.

We went inside to cool off and grab something to eat while Justin Bieber performed. Needless to say, I'm NOT a fan of Justin B. I don't have Bieber Mania, Bieber Fever, or anything like that. Nope. Not at all.

So instead of a picture of JB, you get a picture of Club Level East:

018.jpg

Niiiiiice.

Taylor didn't come on til a little after 8:30. And she looked AMAZING!

Here are some of the best pics:

You Belong With Me:

025.jpg

Our Song:

031.jpg

Teardrops On My Guitar:

053.jpg

She played most of the songs from her Fearless album, and the popular ones from her self-titled first album. She went out into the audience halfway through Hey Stephen and hugged/shook hands with the fans that had floor seats. She finished out the song on a platform below our section, then made her way to the middle of the floor to another platform, where she preformed Fifteen and Tim McGraw. She made her way back the stage to finish out Tim McGraw, and segued into White Horse. We left after White Horse, but stayed to see Love Story on the monitors.

Love Story:

146.jpg

As we left, we heard The Way I Loved You and You're Not Sorry.

I was saddened that we couldn't stay for the whole thing (especially missing some of my favorite songs) but we knew that traffic was going to be horrendous. Many people had the same idea that we did, actually, so I didn't feel quite as bad.

Taylor sounded better live than she ever had (particularly during Tim McGraw), and she looked GORGEOUS. I'm so jealous :rolleyes:

So I have finals very soon (next week), as well as the last dance class of the year, dress rehearsal, and recital. Whew! Therefore, my next update will most likely be next Saturday (6/19) night or Sunday (6/20).

Love,

Meg

What a great night... and what a great grandfather!! :goodvibes

Kathy
Yes! May I just point out that this is the same grandfather who started my Musical Theater Addiction? :rotfl:

And that he more than happily supports the Addiction with trips to NYC and tickets to various musicals/shows.

Hello! I just found your older TR and read it all tonight so of course I had to jump in on this one! I have really enjoyed reading everything so far and can't wait for an update!

Loved the Taylor Swift pics! Me and my sis-in-law went and saw her a few months ago. Love her!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter