Meg & Co. Take Over WDW! UD 7/25: We Leave TOMORROW!

:wave2:

1. We usually go to Scarborough. It's our favorite!
2. A PassPorter is a sort-of WDW Guidebook/Planning Journal/Everything. Anything and everything you need for a WDW trip is in it. You can get it at Borders or Barnes and Noble.
3. Haven't seen Rock of Ages yet...not really into it, to be honest.
4. Yep, my recital was at RIC. I love the backstage area more than anything...seriously, Roberts Hall Auditorium is my LIFE.

ok thanks!

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Doin' the single-digit-dance!

Yessir, we have only NINE DAYS LEFT before we jet off to Florida! Nine! Nueve!

So what's new...?

Well, as soon as I posted the last big post, I'd forgotten to mention that I also love the musical Cabaret. It's such a great show, and I loved the production of it that I got to see. I don't care for the movie too much, though. I do love the character of the Emcee, especially when Alan Cumming is in that role :goodvibes

Anyway. I hate that I forgot about Cabaret! :headache:

*Dance recital stuff is ready to be picked up! DVD and pictures, and we're picking them up on Tuesday night.
*Early birthday party next Friday night with my friends! So excited to see everyone.

And work! Let's talk about work, shall we?

This summer, I'm working as part of the SWEEP program at WBC (West Bay Collaborative). Young adults (16-19) with a range of disabilites can work at different jobsites 4 days a week (with team building days on Fridays) to explore career options and get a sense of the adult world and the workforce.
There's really a range of kids, in the sense of ethnicities/backgrounds and disabilities (from mentally challenged to ADD/ADHD and etc.)

I'm working at the City Hall in Providence, in the Archives Department.

It's...okay. I'll admit, it's a bit boring. My group members are nice, and so is my Job Coach. The Friday workshop yesterday was boring, and the day dragged on. And on. And on. I never thought I'd be so happy as to see the clock hit 1:30. Our 'hours' are 8:30-1:30 total, but we're on-site from 9ish-whenever. Nicole (my Job Coach) picks me up from City Hall around 12:15, so that we can get two of our other groupmates and be back at WBC around 1ish.

I do have the most GORGEOUS view from my desk in the Archives Department, though. I'll have to upload the picture soon :)

I've made a couple friends, and maybe I'll make some more.

It may be boring, but hey, I'm getting paid $20/day from July 12-August 20. Well, actually, I'm losing $120, because I'm getting docked pay for my Disney trip (5 days (rather, 1 week) = $100) and the one day I'll be in Long Island looking at a college next month (another $20).

I'm just telling myself "get through another week. 5 more days. Then you can jet off to Florida and have fun in WDW while everyone else suffers a workshop on Occupational and Work Safety" :rotfl:

For now, I'm working on a chunk of school summer work (I'm planning on finishing a good hunk of it before I leave, so that when I get back, I'll only have to do one small assignment and one bigger one). Oh, and watching the recital DVD about 100000 times, like I usually do :rolleyes:

An update to come in a few days!

Love, Meg

Hi Meg! I'm finally catching up on your pre-trip! SINGLE DIGITS YAY!! :cool1::cool1: Can you believe our trips are soo close?? Your plans sound great -- I :lovestruc the AKL. Such a pretty place!

Hi Meg! I'm finally catching up on your pre-trip! SINGLE DIGITS YAY!! :cool1::cool1: Can you believe our trips are soo close?? Your plans sound great -- I :lovestruc the AKL. Such a pretty place!
Hiya, Emma!

I'll DEFINATELY be looking for you! I must make my LGMH and stick it on my Park Bag!

It'll be fun to meet a snobbishly fabulous person, such as yourself :goodvibes:

Hey Meg! Just got home from a Disney Cruise so I'm catching up on your PTR!

First: I can't believe your trip is so soon! HOORAY!

I love your musical lists. We share a lot of favorites! Have you heard of Into the Woods? Based on the other shows you like, you might like Into the Woods- it's Sondheim.

Congrats on the job! Sorry it's a bit boring but hey, at least you're getting experience and it will look good on your college applications! And you're getting paid! Yay!

I hope you're getting so so excited!! Before you know it you'll be waking up in Disney!

Hey Meg! Just got home from a Disney Cruise so I'm catching up on your PTR!

First: I can't believe your trip is so soon! HOORAY!

I love your musical lists. We share a lot of favorites! Have you heard of Into the Woods? Based on the other shows you like, you might like Into the Woods- it's Sondheim.

Congrats on the job! Sorry it's a bit boring but hey, at least you're getting experience and it will look good on your college applications! And you're getting paid! Yay!

I hope you're getting so so excited!! Before you know it you'll be waking up in Disney!
1. Into the Woods, yes! I love Sondheim! In 7th grade, the school musical was Into the Woods Jr. Great show!

2. It's getting a tad more exciting...the van rides are getting more fun, at least. I can't say the same for the workshops, though :rotfl:

3. I am BEYOND excited!

4 days!

4 days until we go! Just FOUR! Cuatro!

And why am I updating on FOUR DAYS TO GO?

Why, because my lucky number is FOUR, of course!

Also, because many, many months ago, I promised you readers that I would tell you the story behind my username. Well, it's time to attend the tale...

Of Sweeney Todd!

:lmao:

Kidding. Totally kidding. There's no demon barber of Fleet Street here.

Well...AmandaSparks730.

The 730 should be pretty easy for you guys to figure out. 7/30 is my birthday. Hence, 730.

But what about the Amanda Sparks part?

Let's go back to many years ago. To 8th grade.

Now, I had never actually read the Harry Potter books. I didn't have any interest in them at the time. (Of course, that's dramatically changed since then)

However, the idea of someone having magic powers intrigued me.

Every story idea, according to Disney, begins with a "what if...?" question.

What if a girl had magic powers and used them to defeat evil?

This began the saga that is known as Amanda Sparks. Amanda Sparks is a girl a-la Matilda (you know, from the Roald Dahl book?) who has neglective parents, and runs away to study her unexplained "craft" of magical powers. She finds a school of magic, and gets accepted into it. It is there that she meets new friends (Sam, Jake, Mya, Dalin (pronounced day-lyn) ) and enemies (the Evil Sorceress Haley).

And of course, love conquers all.

The first 'book' in the series begins the saga, and we see the first of Jake, Sam, and Haley. Haley gets defeated by the Harry Potter-esque trio. Or does she...?

The second 'book' sees the first appearance of Dalin, Sam's twin sister, and Mya, a shy girl with a dark past. A-la Voldemort, Haley comes back, prepared this time with an army, and is again defeated. It is also revealed that Dalin is a werewolf, and that Mya has been abused by her father.

The third 'book' is more of a filler book, and is the middle book of the projected 5-book series. Mya is being relocated, for her safety, to a new school (mysteriously enough called "Hogwarts" ;) ). Dalin, who was expelled at the end of the second book, has joined a pack of fellow werewolves who do not exactly welcome her. Jake and Amanda's relationship blossoms, and Sam gets jealous. We meet two new characters (Michael and Natalia), but we don't know much about them yet. Friendships begin to get torn apart. Mya finds a new, better life at Hogwarts, and one of the characters dies.

Have I bored you yet? :rotfl:

It's not a well-written series by any means. It's really a series of novella-type things. Each 'book' is 20 chapters, no more, and no less.

So when I was thinking of my username for the DIS (wayyyy back in September 2007!), Amanda Sparks was the first thing that really came to mind.

And there you have it! :goodvibes

Until Sunday night!

Love, Meg

Oh my goodness-- 4 days!! That's so so excited!!!

And I love the explination behind your user name! Sounds like you have a pretty good basis for an actual published story going on there! I like your creativity! :)

ohh 4 days thats soo exiting!

Im so jealous of all these people who are leaving NOW when im leaving in a month from now :guilty:

And i always wondered why amanda sparks was your username if your name was meg hahaha. When i first talked to you i thought your name was amanda but ive since learned :rotfl:

Don't worry; everyone's done that! :rotfl:

(I've done worse, though...for months I thought George was a girl because his username is marypops! )

Oh my goodness-- 4 days!! That's so so excited!!!

And I love the explination behind your user name! Sounds like you have a pretty good basis for an actual published story going on there! I like your creativity! :)

Thanks so much! They're quite short, so I'd probably have to either vastly expand each story, or combine them into one book with five sections (Year 1, Year 2, etc).

In a way, Amanda is an alter-ego of myself.

Meg, I've ALWAYS wondered about your username- now I know haha:-)
I absolutly love the way your stories sound; very nice!
Wow, so close to your trip :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter