Melissa and Jeff 7/08 Planning Journal WP and YBC Update 5/21 w/pics!

Bostonbride6292008

Mouseketeer
Hello Everyone!

I thought that since I have been engaged for over a year its about time I started a planning journal.

Jeff and I met through a mutual friend about 4 years ago and got engaged in Vegas in front of the Bellagio last March. A DFTW was never a question with us seeing as we both have been big Disney people since we were little and we both go there at least 2 times a year. But explaining that to our extended families was pretty funny because to this day my grandmother still thinks I am getting married in an amusement park lol. Its always fun to tell her no its just like getting married in a hotel but better :goodvibes . But everyone else is very excited and asks lots of questions.

I called Disney in December and had them pencil me in for July 2008 that way I can hopefully have a candle lit ceremony at the WP and my reception at the Yacht or Beach Club and that is was what I always wanted. I already booked Randy for my engagement and wedding photos. I think I am going to use Reverend Day if his schedule is clear.

I got my dress:

fcf9_1.jpg

6565_1.jpg

My bridemaids dresses:

a6250_big.jpg

Flowers:

WeddingPhotos-Chapman421-1.jpg

168290203.jpg

I like the second ones because I am going with the whole hidden Mickey theme and these fit in perfectly.

I think for the table settings I want small votives with candles in them, a big vase in the middle of the table with dark red roses in it, and Mickey confetti with white linens.

At the WP all I want is red rose peddles on the runner and candles everywhere. Its so pretty I don’t want too much going on.

The food I’m not so sure about right now all I know is that we want a plated dinner with the slipper dessert, and a chocolate fountain.

Any opinions or suggestions I would love to hear from you girls!

Oh good I see you did call :) So please excuse my post on your other thread. Haha.

I love your dress. I tried that one on but I'm too short for it. Ha. Your plans sound great so far! Cant wait to hear more!

Im pretty short too but I thought in July its going to be soooooooooo hot! I went into the store thinking I want the whole big princess dress and left with this simple little number lol. I think I want flats though I am ummmm very graceful lol so I either want flip flops or ballet slippers either way no one will see them anyways. :rolleyes1

When is your wedding?

Im pretty short too but I thought in July its going to be soooooooooo hot! I went into the store thinking I want the whole big princess dress and left with this simple little number lol. I think I want flats though I am ummmm very graceful lol so I either want flip flops or ballet slippers either way no one will see them anyways. :rolleyes1

When is your wedding?

My wedding is in April. I completely know what you mean about wanting a simpler dress though. I actually went with a pretty simple gown too. Not big and princess at all just b/c I was afraid to lug around that whole thing.

I'm wearing flats too. Probably slippers or something. They are most comfortable, plus you're right, no one will see them anyway.

At least if you have a late evening wedding in July it will be a little cooler. Plus you'll be inside anyway so that's good :)

Thanks you guys! I am having second thoughts about my dress that its not fancy enough but everyone keeps saying that its all in my head. SO I took the dress out of my room and kept it hidden in my moms closet so I don't look at it!

You dress is fabulous! Exacly what I am looking for for an August wedding...if I can lose the weight to look OK in it! Beautiful...don't even begin to think about not keeping it!! And I have to ask who designed your bridesmaid dress...I want my MOH to see it! It is by far the one I have liked the most so far!

Keep the pics and PJ coming...it all sounds wonderful!

The dress is by After Six www.aftersix.com. They have alot of cute dresses I think its style #6250. The next thing I have to do is find out which store in Boston carries it the cheapest.

I found these invites and I have talked to the woman at Impressions.

dprogrambasket.jpg

She said that she would work within any budget that I gave her and seeing as I am not too pickey about the paper or ink it shouldn't be too bad. I am also my MIL is going to have her do the invites to the Welcome Dinner/Rehersal Dinner its going to be Hawaiian themed but I just wanted little Hawaiian touches not like over the top Luau lol. We were thinking Lei's on the tables maybe and Hawaiian prited shirts for the Groomesmen and dresses for the Bridesmaids.

I also think I like the idea of this cake.

1large_image.jpg

But instead of ribbon between each layer I want roses.

PS-Does anyone know how much roses are through Disney? I wanted to have them in a vase at my reception but I have no clue how much they will be.

Also, does anyone know how much small candles and votives are there as well or should I just buy them at home and ship them (shipping will be free my dad is going to ship from his office)?

My last question for now lol does anyone know if there is a huge price difference between having two different options for a plated dinner or a duel plate?

Also, does anyone know how much small candles and votives are there as well or should I just buy them at home and ship them (shipping will be free my dad is going to ship from his office)?

I'm having votive candles on my tables. The price is $2.50 per "shotglass votive candle." For the children's tables, I'm using battery-operated votives. They're $4.50 each.

The dress is by After Six www.aftersix.com. They have alot of cute dresses I think its style #6250. The next thing I have to do is find out which store in Boston carries it the cheapest.

I found these invites and I have talked to the woman at Impressions.

dprogrambasket.jpg

She said that she would work within any budget that I gave her and seeing as I am not too pickey about the paper or ink it shouldn't be too bad. I am also my MIL is going to have her do the invites to the Welcome Dinner/Rehersal Dinner its going to be Hawaiian themed but I just wanted little Hawaiian touches not like over the top Luau lol. We were thinking Lei's on the tables maybe and Hawaiian prited shirts for the Groomesmen and dresses for the Bridesmaids.

I also think I like the idea of this cake.

1large_image.jpg

But instead of ribbon between each layer I want roses.

PS-Does anyone know how much roses are through Disney? I wanted to have them in a vase at my reception but I have no clue how much they will be.

My last question for now lol does anyone know if there is a huge price difference between having two different options for a plated dinner or a duel plate?

Where are you getting your invites from? I really really like those, they match or silver mickey theme.

I think your dress will be fabulous; not too informal at all. Of course, I'm a wee bit biased because I went the simple route as well! :thumbsup2 (Our wedding was outdoors in late April, at noon. I was sooooo glad my dress wasn't too heavy/hot.)

I was thinking the same thing once I saw your dress I was okay with everything :goodvibes I was like I think I'm going to look a little like you on my wedding day! What length veil did you have? I have two lol! I have a cathedrial veil for the ceremony and a two tear for the reception.

i love that dress....wish i could pull something like that off...your gonna look stunning!!

as for costs....disney will be the most & its always cheaper to shop around

if your up for it...theres lots of great deals to be found!!!

Congrats & im ready for more...keep it up!!

I was thinking the same thing once I saw your dress I was okay with everything :goodvibes I was like I think I'm going to look a little like you on my wedding day! What length veil did you have? I have two lol! I have a cathedrial veil for the ceremony and a two tear for the reception.

If you were asking me what kind of veil I had (and if you were asking someone else, I apologize, lol!), I didn't use one at all. I'm pretty sure I had a reason at some point, but can't remember what it was. :rotfl: I think I couldn't find one that I liked...maybe. :cutie:

If you were asking me what kind of veil I had (and if you were asking someone else, I apologize, lol!), I didn't use one at all. I'm pretty sure I had a reason at some point, but can't remember what it was. :rotfl: I think I couldn't find one that I liked...maybe. :cutie:

I was asking you but I am kind of going with the whole well my dress isnt that fancy so I will go all out with the veil.

I have a couple of updates I went on theknot.com when they had there huge sale and I got a bunch of stuff.

P348_M.jpg

I have 14 days until I find out if I get my date!!!! I am starting to freak out but I will be fine.

p734_m.jpg

For my girls! I plan on making them bags with a bunch of stuff in them im not sure what yet but if anyone has any ideas im open to anything.

P918_m.jpg

I thought it would be much bigger than it really is so we may need to get another one.

P1310_m.jpg

1044990326210004M.jpg

I have two girls and I am planning on sewing pearl Mickey's into the baskets.

1044989436210176M.jpg

I also plan on sewing pearl Mickeys into this as well.

candle.jpg

I am taking Laurens idea about the candles but mine will be with regular white crystals but more Mickeys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter