Multiple Memberships

I believe she has to agree to even take my name off of the deeds as any change in the title of the contract will require both of our signatures.
That is correct unless it's court ordered is my understanding. Regardless it seems clear that you need to figure out a way to separate yourself and from what I've read here, it likely won't happen voluntarily or even with gentle persuasion. That means playing hardball in some way whether it's an ultimatum, offer she can't refuse or through the legal system. IMO continuing as it is is beyond dysfunctional.

What I want is for her to take her name off of the deeds. I don’t want to get rid of my DVC contracts. I’ve dumped way too much money into them to just throw them away give them to her.
But you have already said she isn't willing to take her name off. So how to you get her to take her name off? Offer her one of the contracts and she is responsible for all of it. Or go to court.

As a child of a divorce that went on for 10 years, be done with it. It's causing drama and tension. I can understand wanting to keep something you've been paying on, but letting it go will be best for you and your family. Offer her one for herself if she'll take her name off both, her choice. If she refuses, tell her you will take it to court. If that doesn't sway her, then actually do it. Do this all through email or some other written form.

Don't let this go on for the sake of you and your wife and even your ex. Even though you are providing her with free vacations, you could do that without this entanglement that is causing tension. Unless this is about your feeling entitled to it, this is truly best for her too. Life is way too short.

Read this thread. Amazed....
You need to do one of two things:

1) Do one of the many great suggestions here that you feel are too harsh.

2) Suck it up and pay forever.

To me it seems you will go with #2, as you have poo-pood everything else.
Not sure what you’re looking for. There is no magic wand this forum can hand you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter