MVMCP and Scheduling FP+ (4-6pm)

Has this died down? Not many issues anymore? I have my tickets for one of next week's parties. Have FP+ for three rides during the 4p to 6p time and they were booked only on the holiday party tickets. I was able to book three days of FB+ for one person with just the party ticket and a two-day hopper. Like others, because my final day is at Animal Kingdom, I would not be happy if the person lost their passes for the last day (even though we didn't get FoP). But I've seen no indication that anything was done incorrectly and no indication that anything will change aside for a few random bad reports from people that received messages from Disney. Not sure why my situation would be different. Because I booked the FP+? Because I have an annual pass (even though it's not even activated yet)? The reality is from the first day of eligibility at the 60 day mark I made reservations for my travel companion for three days of bookings using only a party ticket and a two day hopper as ticket media for the three days. This has never been noted to be wrong until some random experiences by folks this year. The only other possible variable is that I booked only two FP+ on one of the days so that we could book another at a second park that day as soon as we used our first. Not sure why some people are hearing from Disney while others are not. And I sure as heck am not going to buy another day's ticket just to keep three FP+. Frankly I'm amazed at the stories that some folks were told they needed to do that (assuming they are true).

I'm hoping it has stopped. We are going in mid December, and I have 2 day tickets and one party day ticket and was able to book 3 days of FPs. I only booked 2 FPs on the party day so that they would start after 4pm, hoping that might cause the system to ignore me and not send me a dreaded email...

Last edited:
Frankly I'm amazed at the stories that some folks were told they needed to do that (assuming they are true).
It's true, and what I was told and did. But having read every post on here, I'd tell others don't do that. It now seems like a very small percent of people being effected, maybe Disney trying something and now backing off. I surely feel duped...lol.

It's true, and what I was told and did. But having read every post on here, I'd tell others don't do that. It now seems like a very small percent of people being effected, maybe Disney trying something and now backing off. I surely feel duped...lol.

Yes, it's true. It doesn't seem that as many PP received FP+ emails for MVMCP as they did for MNSSHP, or not as many tickets sold, or not as many PP posted. PP for this year reported calling and having FP+ re-instated for MVMCP too. Also, PP with ONLY MVMCP tickets received FP+ email reminders o_O. So who really knows. Also, MNSSHP guests were allowed to enter @ 4pm but were not really sure until the 1st party. Whereas, with the 6pm closing PP very concerned about the 4pm entry, but there is info on how this early closure will work and details state MVMCP guests will enter @ 4pm. So maybe with sales down this year, they decided not to make it an issue w/FP+, especially, with the amount of calls receives about having FP+ re-instated/FP+cancellation dissatisfaction (we only have a few reports, what about those that call but don't report), so concerns my need to be with 2018 parties.

I was one that only had MVMCP tickets and received email reminding me to book my FPP. We are now 34 days before our party and my FPP are still there, no threatening email to cancel. Just FYI.

Beware.....my FP were cancelled without warning...or softly removed? I checked in the app and my last day FP had disappeared. I swiftly cancelled my party 4-6 FP and the removed FPS reappeared...

Well I guess at least you get the full morning and afternoon in the park now on your party day. I think it still stinks they did that to you, but I guess there is a small, if unwanted, upside. Sorry to hear this happened to you nonetheless.

Sorry to hear about all the headaches associated with party ticket-FP. Hopefully everyone is finding a solution that works for them.

For those with regular park tickets as well as party tickets on their MDE profile, I can't help but wonder if all these glitches would be solved by simply reassigning your party tickets to a secondary MDE profile. Create the secondary profile, "friend" that profile, then reassign party ticket. (Don't wait until the day of the party to reassign!)

This would be especially useful if planning to enter one of the parks on the morning of your party, then entering MK at 4:00 with party tickets. Book 3 FP for the morning park on primary profile, then book 3 FP between 4-6 using party ticket profile. This would also eliminate the risk of getting a warning email from Disney and the subsequent cancellation of your last day's FP.

Has anyone tried this?

Last edited:
Beware.....my FP were cancelled without warning...or softly removed? I checked in the app and my last day FP had disappeared. I swiftly cancelled my party 4-6 FP and the removed FPS reappeared...

Did this just happen? Wow! I haven't heard a report of someone's FP+ being cancelled without notice since this summer. That's really alarming. I've also heard a lot of people have glitches in their MDE's where ADRs are just poofing but then they reappear later. I wonder if there was a glitch and it wasn't Disney taking some sort of action? I'm in another November planning group, no one has posted in there lately about getting emails. There have been a number of posts about ADRs going missing but then they pop back up again or they need re-linking. But who knows with Disney!

I am less than 3 weeks out from my trip and keep checking my plans everyday to make sure nothing has disappeared! I have screenshots just in case!

I am less than 3 weeks out from my trip and keep checking my plans everyday to make sure nothing has disappeared! I have screenshots just in case!

That's a good idea! I just took a screenshot of my last day's FPs just in case. My trip is this coming Sat-Tues and my Christmas 4-6pm FPs and last day FPs are still in the system. I don't know if it helps that I have an AP (although the others in my party don't). I have a FEA FP scheduled for Tues so it wouldn't be good if it gets deleted!!

I’ve taken screen shots, as well as printed from MDE on my computer. On the computer you can print all of you FPs as one document, so you could prove that they were all booked at one point in time. With screen shots, you may only be able to show one day’s FPs at a time in the screen shot, and you might not be able to prove that the system did in fact let you have them all, and all simultaneously. Hope this makes sense. And hope NONE of us need to use our “proof”!

I’ve taken screen shots, as well as printed from MDE on my computer. On the computer you can print all of you FPs as one document, so you could prove that they were all booked at one point in time. With screen shots, you may only be able to show one day’s FPs at a time in the screen shot, and you might not be able to prove that the system did in fact let you have them all, and all simultaneously. Hope this makes sense. And hope NONE of us need to use our “proof”!

I've done this as well and have in my Disney folder. I have the screen shots in addition to, as well as printouts and screenshots of the email I got when I purchased my MVMCP tickets that reminded me about booking FP+ with my tickets!

Report just posted on the MNSSHP FP+ cancellation thread of an email being received. The poster's trip is 11/25-12/2 and just received cancellation email today :-(

I'd include the link to that post here, but I don't know how to do that!

I got the email today for my November 25-December 2nd trip. I have a 7 day park-hopper and tickets for the MVMCP on November 28th. I booked all my FP at 60 days and thought I was in the clear considering I'm less than three weeks out from my vacation. I just cancelled the two FP I had for the party night, as I don't want my last day FP cancelled.

I just wanted to confirm that no one that got the email and cancelled their party day FP still had their final day FP cancelled. I'm probably just being paranoid, but I don't care about losing the Jingle Cruise and Haunted Mansion FP I had the day of the party, since I can ride those during the party or another day, I don't want to lose my 7DMT, Peter Pan's Flight, and Space Mountain FP on my last day though.

^^^^^Above quote what @SilSprBea referring to from
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...m-6-30pm-with-a-mnsshp-ticket.3622575/page-24.

Report just posted on the MNSSHP FP+ cancellation thread of an email being received. The poster's trip is 11/25-12/2 and just received cancellation email today :-(

I'd include the link to that post here, but I don't know how to do that!

Here you go!

I missed this thread!

I did receive the email this morning as monique5 quoted above. I assumed I was safe because I booked all my FP on the 60 day mark (all my ticket days in the morning of that day, then my party FP in the afternoon, I actually was still undecided on attending the party, but decided to go ahead and buy the tickets that day just so I could get a few pre-party FP in on my FP selection day). Just to further clarify as I've seen a lot of theories on how to not get flagged since reading up after getting the email this morning: I booked my party FP selections after my ticketed day FP selections, I also only had two FP booked on my party day, and I did not have a Pre-4:00 or 4:00 FP.

I apologize if this has already been discussed and I missed it, but if you just have a party ticket, and no magic band, how do you actually check in for your fast pass at the park? Are your tickets scanned and will the fast passes be attached to the party ticket?

I apologize if this has already been discussed and I missed it, but if you just have a party ticket, and no magic band, how do you actually check in for your fast pass at the park? Are your tickets scanned and will the fast passes be attached to the party ticket?

Yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter