MVMCP and Scheduling FP+ (4-6pm)

So we have 6 day regular tickets and one party night (that we are not going to a park earlier that day). I booked my FP for the party night between 3:30 and 5:30 and got what we wanted. So, as many have reported, I can't book my 6th regular day at the park. I am choosing to keep my FP in place for the Party night and just wing it for FP the morning of our last day. A CSR told me that as soon as the party ticket was scanned, it would free up my final day to make fast passes. Does this sound like a good plan? I really don't want to cancel my FP for party night because there is now NOTHING available that we want any time after 2:30.

I'm confused on the fast pass issue.

I booked my trip and selected the 4 day park hopper tickets and booked my fast passes. A month later I purchased MVMCP tickets (arrival day) and added them to MDE and the system let me add fast passes for that night. I feel like I should be worried that i'll lose my 4th park day fast passes (which has my FOP) because of this? Is this something I should be worried about or am I fine since I bought my party tickets a month later.

I'm confused on the fast pass issue.

I booked my trip and selected the 4 day park hopper tickets and booked my fast passes. A month later I purchased MVMCP tickets (arrival day) and added them to MDE and the system let me add fast passes for that night. I feel like I should be worried that i'll lose my 4th park day fast passes (which has my FOP) because of this? Is this something I should be worried about or am I fine since I bought my party tickets a month later.

Just keep an eye out for an email from Disney Destinations titled "Action may be required: FASTPASS+ selections issue." If you get that email, you may want to go ahead and cancel your party night FP selections to guarantee that you don't lose your last day FP selections. As far as I know, Disney is not cancelling last day fast passes without giving 24 hour notice through email.

I missed this thread!

I did receive the email this morning as monique5 quoted above. I assumed I was safe because I booked all my FP on the 60 day mark (all my ticket days in the morning of that day, then my party FP in the afternoon, I actually was still undecided on attending the party, but decided to go ahead and buy the tickets that day just so I could get a few pre-party FP in on my FP selection day). Just to further clarify as I've seen a lot of theories on how to not get flagged since reading up after getting the email this morning: I booked my party FP selections after my ticketed day FP selections, I also only had two FP booked on my party day, and I did not have a Pre-4:00 or 4:00 FP.

This is distressing. I don't understand Disney's IT on this. Some people get the email, some don't. Time frame seems random (other than there appeared to be an update to the App pushed out overnight Monday night, and I know others felt the emails might have been generated at times when there were updates to Disney's systems???). I have a trip booked for December, and I will be very frustrated if I get this email (and even more frustrated if they just remove the FPs without any warning as OP had). Disney needs to correct their own booking system, rather than allowing this and then taking it away, randomly. I'm sorry this happened Aermaia!!

I just returned last night from a quick trip and had followed this thread from the beginning. We attended MVMCP on Sunday, then Animal Kingdom and Epcot on Monday and Tuesday. We had the party ticket and a two day park ticket. At the 60 day mark, I made my FP+ for AK and Epcot and then got three FP+ for Magic Kingdom at 3:15-4:15, 4:15-5:15, and 5:15-6:00...then held my breath. I never received the dreaded email, no FP+ were cancelled, and all FP+ worked great!

Last edited:
I just returned last night from a quick trip and had followed this thread from the beginning. We attended MVMCP on Sunday, then Animal Kingdom and Epcot on Monday and Tuesday. We had the party ticket and a two day park ticket. At the 60 day mark, I made my FP+ for AK and Epcot and then got three FP+ for Magic Kingdom at 3:15-4:15, 4:15-5:15, and 5:15-6:00...then held my breath. I never received the dreaded email, no FP+ were cancelled, and all FP+ worked great!

Woo-hoo!

Similar to me! I also attended the party on Sunday and my three FPs booked at 60 days worked fine.

Similar to me! I also attended the party on Sunday and my three FPs booked at 60 days worked fine.

I'm so happy for you both!
Quick question- when you attended the party- did you scan your MagicBand for entry or just the RFID/hard ticket?

Thank-you!!! I hope you had a wonderful time xx

We scanned our MagicBands. Yes, we had a fantastic time, no ride lines except for 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. We did not meet characters. The weather was perfect and I did not think the crowds were bad at all. We have only done one other MVMCP, but several MNSSHP, and those have been much more crowded. I loved how festive everyone was dressed!

Ugh. I am in another Disney planning group and someone posted today they got the dreaded email 5 days out. She has 3 days of FP booked plus FP on MVMCP night (just 2). She said she was going to call Disney. It still seems so random.

Ugh. I am in another Disney planning group and someone posted today they got the dreaded email 5 days out. She has 3 days of FP booked plus FP on MVMCP night (just 2). She said she was going to call Disney. It still seems so random.
If she creates additional 'phantom' profiles in MDE and reassigned party tix. to those new profiles she will be able to hold all 3 days of FP on her main profiles as well as 3 FP for the party on the newly-formed phantom profiles. She will (obviously) need to use her plastic party tix. (NOT the Magic Bands assigned to her real profiles!) to redeem FPs at the party.

Last edited:
Hi SilSprBea :)

What group was this posted in? Thank you :yay:

How do you reassign your tickets from your original profile to the new phantom profile? Thanks!
Ok so it sounds like you have already created your phantom profiles. If not you will need to do that first. For tips on creating phantoms you can read post #1 of this thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/sdfp-changes-coming-beware-the-7th-of-june.3520747/

(The first post is long. It's a good read, but if you want to get right to the part about tips for creating phantoms scroll down to where my screenshot is. One thing I should mention. For the purpose of reassigning tickets, you should make your phantom profiles the same age as the real profiles your transferring from to keep in line with Disney's pricing structure for children vs. adults.) IMG_2992.PNG

After your phantoms have been created, from the DW website click drop down menu at top left of screen.
Go to "My reservations and tickets" you should see a list of all your ticket entitlements listed there. Find the MVMCP ticket, you should have an option to "reassign ticket". You can reassign your MVMCP ticket to your newly-created phantom profiles one at a time.

Hi SilSprBea :)

What group was this posted in? Thank you :yay:

It was in a FB November ADR/FP+ group. She updated the post saying she called Disney and a CM said the last day FP+ may not be cancelled if she does nothing but they could. She recommended cancelling the FP+ on the party night. The CM said some people get the email and some people don't. Then some people's FPs actually get cancelled and some don't.

It’s so random who gets these emails and when. My friend got her dreaded email at 59 days out and called IT and they fixed it for her (nothing was cancelled).

Ok so it sounds like you have already created your phantom profiles. If not you will need to do that first. For tips on creating phantoms you can read post #1 of this thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/sdfp-changes-coming-beware-the-7th-of-june.3520747/

(The first post is long. It's a good read, but if you want to get right to the part about tips for creating phantoms scroll down to where my screenshot is. One thing I should mention. For the purpose of reassigning tickets, you should make your phantom profiles the same age as the real profiles your transferring from to keep in line with Disney's pricing structure for children vs. adults.) View attachment 284258

After your phantoms have been created, from the DW website click drop down menu at top left of screen.
Go to "My reservations and tickets" you should see a list of all your ticket entitlements listed there. Find the MVMCP ticket, you should have an option to "reassign ticket". You can reassign your MVMCP ticket to your newly-created phantom profiles one at a time.

When you reassign tickets what happens to the FP+ that had been assigned? Do you need to pick them again?

When you reassign tickets what happens to the FP+ that had been assigned? Do you need to pick them again?
I can't say this with 100% certainty, but those FPs on your real profile should remain there briefly (maybe a matter of hours?) after reassigning tickets. This would give you enough time to use the "Change Party" function to reassign those FPs to your new phantom profiles. Again, it's been a while since I've heard any first-hand accounts on how long they will remain. (They used to stay there until the next day.) To me, it's worth the risk rather than constantly wondering if you will get that dreaded email from Disney and your last day of FPs get squashed.

Maybe some others that have recently reassigned tickets will chime in with their experiences.

Yep that was me who received the email 5 days out. The CM couldn't really help. She even talked to someone higher up in IT and he said my last day may or may not get cancelled if I do nothing. And that some people have been able to book FPs for the xmas party and others not. He said the reason I got the email was because I booked my party fast passes in the middle of my trip. But I actually booked my 3 park days then went back and booked the 2 for the party. So that theory is a bust. I just cancelled the party day FPs in case. I didn't want to risk losing my AK FPs on our last day. Anyone know if I can make FPs once we are in the park after 4pm on our party night? Or will that screw things up too?

Yep that was me who received the email 5 days out. The CM couldn't really help. She even talked to someone higher up in IT and he said my last day may or may not get cancelled if I do nothing. And that some people have been able to book FPs for the xmas party and others not. He said the reason I got the email was because I booked my party fast passes in the middle of my trip. But I actually booked my 3 park days then went back and booked the 2 for the party. So that theory is a bust. I just cancelled the party day FPs in case. I didn't want to risk losing my AK FPs on our last day. Anyone know if I can make FPs once we are in the park after 4pm on our party night? Or will that screw things up too?

You could reassign those party tickets as @Party.Of.4-NY>>>FL recommeded. Then they would not be on your primary mde. You could then pre-boom FP+ again but you’d need to use the ticket cards for entry and to tap at the ride. That should work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter