New soaps/shampoos

I am so excited that there will be new products to try. I hated the old stuff. I agree that it completely dried out your skin/hair, which is why I myself never used the stuff, but my husband/boys did.

Looks like the products might be nice, but it might also be a problem for allergies if they are scented etc. I never had to worry about the Ivory being an issue, but I'd better bring my own soap along next time just in case the new stuff is.

I've always brought other shampoos, lotions to WDW, and if I remember, soaps too. We always take the "extras" home with us, a co-worker saves single use toiletries for a Cincinnati homeless shelter. I always hope that a child would get a kick out of the Mickey Mouse sorts. What a life that must be.

Bobbi

Add me to the list of "happy to see new products." I really didn't like the old shampoo/conditioner and ended up not even using it. I'm anxious to try the new stuff in May. Thanks for the pics Caskbill!

Being in DVC can you get extras? I never use their products, because I like "real" shampoo. However, if these are good can we get extras?

Cool, that is a welcomed change! Could you imagine, we are willing to make an extra trip out there just to try the new toiletries:rotfl2: !

We used these on DCL and loved them! Nice improvement. Wonder how that line item in the budget will be impacted and then, our dues.

I am so happy that they changed the products. The old products, including the soap, dried out my skin. I hope the lotion is soothing! It would keep me from having to pack my own stuff, which would be great.:banana:

I am so happy that they changed the products. The old products, including the soap, dried out my skin. I hope the lotion is soothing! It would keep me from having to pack my own stuff, which would be great.:banana:

I'm with you the less I have to take with me the better.

We're at OKW right now--got here this afternoon (first time here and we love it...for some mysterious reason (maybe it's the Year of a Million Dreams?), they changed our paid-for studio (cash) reservation into an upgrade--we're in a one bedroom and think we've died and gone to heaven! What a way to start our trip! It's only for tonight (this is a nomadic trip...tomorrow we start using points, and move to SSR; Sunday we go to BWV preferred view; Monday we move to BWV standard view for 4 nights)...

Anyway, I digress...

The soaps, shampoo etc here at OKW are same old-same old (and I'm NOT complaining!)...no change here, on 1/5...

H2O+ is a Upgrade! I am excited about this. We used it at another resort and I really liked it. Just think of the weight you can leave at home if you are not having to carry your own shampoo etc.

I collected the old sets of soap and shampoo from our last trip. Nice to know that I now have collector's items in my bathroom closet at home. :rolleyes: Will the new products last for 2 people until T&T day? Also noticed that the new products fit in nicely with the YOAMD color scheme. :surfweb:

We're at OKW right now--got here this afternoon (first time here and we love it...for some mysterious reason (maybe it's the Year of a Million Dreams?), they changed our paid-for studio (cash) reservation into an upgrade--we're in a one bedroom and think we've died and gone to heaven! What a way to start our trip! It's only for tonight (this is a nomadic trip...tomorrow we start using points, and move to SSR; Sunday we go to BWV preferred view; Monday we move to BWV standard view for 4 nights)...

Anyway, I digress...

The soaps, shampoo etc here at OKW are same old-same old (and I'm NOT complaining!)...no change here, on 1/5...

Oh No! Maybe we need to ask where the new products have been seen! I was planning on using them at SSR.

Here's what they look like. There are engraved Mickey's on the faces of the soaps, but it doesn't show in the photo. The large soap is bath, and the smaller is hand.

The older style (red) lotion bottle is shown for comparison.

IMG_1118-B.jpg

Yeah! I love H20! We carry that brand where I work! I would think that would be an improvement to what they had before!:thumbsup2

Nice new look. They'll make great company for our grocery bag full of older products. :blush:

EDIT: C'mon... You know you have a grocery bag full too.

Do Not!!!! It's actually in the bottom drawer of the bathroom!LOL Only a few pieces though. We have managed to use it up, believe it or not! My husband actually liked using it!:confused: I, on the other hand, would bring my own H20 shower gel with me! I put the little bottles of shampoo in my son's swimming backpack.

I am so happy that they changed. I agree with everyone else...the old stuff dried out your skin and hair. I always would bring my own. But if this stuff is as good as everyone says...I don't have to bring my own anymore!!! Can't wait to check it out next week!!!

Looks like the products might be nice, but it might also be a problem for allergies if they are scented etc. I never had to worry about the Ivory being an issue, but I'd better bring my own soap along next time just in case the new stuff is.

Have you not noticed the highly fragranced soap they were using! :scared1: I would hardly consider that white soap fragrance free! I would bring my own soap, because that stuff made my skin itch! LOL

Here is a website for the products....on the DCL they are using the H2O spa products...

www.h2oplus.com

again I love the shampoo,cream rince and body butter....would love to try the others.

I collected the old sets of soap and shampoo from our last trip. Nice to know that I now have collector's items in my bathroom closet at home. :rolleyes: Will the new products last for 2 people until T&T day? Also noticed that the new products fit in nicely with the YOAMD color scheme. :surfweb:

If the bottles are the same size as on DCL, then yes, they will last over a week!

As for the other stuff, I've donated to our local kids hospital. Which reminds me, have to gather that bagful I brought back and get it over to madonna31 who is putting the packages together.........

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter