New strategies for park rides!!!!

MK: Mine Train
EP: Soarin
HS: Star Wars
AK: Pandora
You probably should be more specific. DHS has 3 SW inspired attractiona and Pandora has 2 :)
Also at Epcot FEA will probably be the most popular followed by TT and then Soarin

I don't think there will be any lines. I thought all the rides will be on a virtual queue, with no standby. Otherwise, how can you have social distancing?
No virtual queues at all,, per Disney, it'll be markers on floor like Universal and SW are doing, people are abiding for the most part to them so it shouldn't be a problem. Queues that are short will eventually spill out and that will be the biggest concern

Sure, lines will be longer because of the distancing but should move faster for rides that hold only one party anyway like Peter Pan. Rides that hold larger numbers of people per ride vehicle will be slower due to the required spacing.
On another note, is my fav People Mover not going to be running? Who do I call?
Peoplemover will be open, you can go here and check each park https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/parks/

How effective will they be with the new procedures tho? Previous trends may not work now
yeah, not at all, until they get sufficient data for those at the park logging in and posting their wait times in realtime. After a week or two it should be more reliable
The good thing is that if capacity stays the same their system should spew something pretty reliable as there's no change in capacity

I've been thinking quite a bit about this as well. I believe the weather will be a huge factor day to day.
Not so much for MK and AK opening at 9 and 8, but for HS and Epcot.
If it's a brutally hot day in late July- with masks on, I'm thinking that one of two things happens at HS or Epcot- ppl that came at open are hot, tired and need a break and end up leaving at 2 or 3, happy that they were back in the magic- or come in to those parks later because of the heat- perhaps 3 or 4. Either way- it will spread out the crowds.
I also think disney is counting on that.
We are their late July and Early august- and I've been thinking about hitting Universal in the mornings of my Epcot days and hitting epcot at 4 until close. (we were park hopper with a break in the middle people)

I don’t think their software takes all tHat mess into account yet. Depends on when your trip is. Our trip is end of august so hoping they work the bugs out before that time. But going in July. It’s gonna be a crapshoot.

The continually test their software to see how it is working. They have already tested it on at least three separate days at Universal, and their software seems to be working fine.

Yeah, that is the beauty of going in the early days... The ugly is wearing masks in 95 degree weather. Somebody posted on the Universal thread that they were the only one on the bicycles of ET and lowered their mask once the ride started, and were warned via the pa system to pull the mask back up.

Without fireworks and/or end of night shows, the strategy of getting in line for headliners won't be as effective as in the past, except for the folks that don't know you can que up right before closing.

I don’t really have a plan. It’s nice to not have a plan. I wish I didn’t even have a plan of which park I am going to on which day.

With more than one day in each park, and limited capacity, I am sure I will see and experience all I care to.

As someone who has been visiting for almost 50 years, it will be interesting to see which era it feels most like. I have a feeling it will feel like the mid 1980’s, without the rad clothes and big hair (although I think I still have a box or two of those clothes stashed in the basement. . . :scratchin ).

Honestly? I'm going to go with what we feel like at any particular time. Crazy, I know! This is going to be a stress-free trip after months of stress and I plan to go with the flow. We'll ride what we ride, skip what we skip, and have a wonderful time doing all of it. The park commando side of my personality is staying home for this trip!

Honestly? I'm going to go with what we feel like at any particular time. Crazy, I know! This is going to be a stress-free trip after months of stress and I plan to go with the flow. We'll ride what we ride, skip what we skip, and have a wonderful time doing all of it. The park commando side of my personality is staying home for this trip!
Sometimes I wish I could get mine to stay home lol. Even when I try it tends to come out a bit and it's a constant struggle in the back of my head lol... something is wrong with me :)

I have a 11 and 2 year old

MK (2.5 DAYS) - Big Thunder for oldest and youngest dumbo/tea cups/pooh/Little Mermaid while they have no lines
EP - Frozen then onto Soarin
HS - Oldest Slinky and youngest Railroad and ***
AK - Knowing us we will avoid the herd running to FOP and pick Safari

I'm typing all of this knowing i'll be with my youngest and we will fight over the mask and end up getting kicked out before long :rotfl2:

Going 8/21 and I'm trying my best to put together some sort of plan.... but the other part of me just wants to go with the flow! Things definitely seem like they'll be old school which is a bit exciting.

1.) day one: DHS. Gonna go for the classics and save star wars for night- I heard that's when it's the coolest! May have to adjust based on wait times though.... my plan is so head for the classics and keep an eye on ROTR wait time so we can head over whenever its the lowest. We arrive in MCO at around 9am so we wont get to the park til maybe 11:30? I figure with reduced capacity and no boarding groups, this should be a solid plan.
day two: MK. I never have a solid plan for MK and usually end up doing the typical Tomorrowland first thing, so probably head to space mountain first! Or whichever e-ticket has the shortest wait.
day four: Epcot. Hit up the future world rides first, then have majority of day in World Showcase. Probably do Spaceship earth first because its my fave. Might end that day with one last go on that too
day 5. AK. Head to Pandora to get the two rides there done first!

2.) I think I'm going to be relying heavily on the MDE app to look at wait times this go around- with no fastpass schedule built in, we can afford to go wherever the wind blows us!! Might be more fun this way too

3.) I don't think lines will be long. With 25% capacity, thats literally SOOOO much less people. Even with distancing on rides and in lines, it doesn't take THAT long to load a single ride car. I don't think they'll all be like, 5 minutes, but I think the days of seeing anything over an hour are gone for a while, except for maybe ROTR

Has anyone gotten an entry time that is later than park opening? I know we didn't, but did everything first day.
I think 7DMT in particular will have the LONGEST lines of the day just after opening. Everyone will run there, long line, lower park capacity, lines even out. The lines will go slower due to decreased ride capacity and sanitation procedures, but I think everyone really underestimates how much slower the lines were due to FP+. It may be a total wash. Will definitely be watching the apps as the parks open though.

3.) I don't think lines will be long. With 25% capacity, thats literally SOOOO much less people. Even with distancing on rides and in lines, it doesn't take THAT long to load a single ride car. I don't think they'll all be like, 5 minutes, but I think the days of seeing anything over an hour are gone for a while, except for maybe ROTR

Could not agree more. I'm a nerdy math person, and even if the park is "sold out" at about 25% capacity, the lines cannot possible be that long. Not everyone will head to the same ride. Now obviously there will be some anomalies throughout the day with crowd spikes in certain parts of the park, or ride breakdowns or even weather. But it just doesn't seem realistic that the rides are going to have crazy long lines most of the time.

People also tend to forget 2 big things....there is only 1 line now and no separate FP queue which will significantly speed the lines up. Also, there is no park hopping which is HUGE for crowd control. Not everyone is going to show up right at opening. People will trickle in/out through the day. Some people will still take afternoon breaks. People need to eat, so not only will park capacity be spread out through the rides, but through the restaurants too.

My family is thinking headliners to be no longer than an hour, but realistically we are thinking 30 minutes or less (except for ROTR). We are also doing Universal, and their lines are VERY short, even for headliners (and they are still doing Express Pass).

Has anyone gotten an entry time that is later than park opening? I know we didn't, but did everything first day.
I think 7DMT in particular will have the LONGEST lines of the day just after opening. Everyone will run there, long line, lower park capacity, lines even out. The lines will go slower due to decreased ride capacity and sanitation procedures, but I think everyone really underestimates how much slower the lines were due to FP+. It may be a total wash. Will definitely be watching the apps as the parks open though.

There are no entry times currently for WDW. The system looks like they used the tech from the FP system (as expected), so while it made you select a time, it was just the park hours for the day. They may implement some timed functionality at a later date (like for park hopping) but right now, there is no timed entry at WDW.

There are no entry times currently for WDW. The system looks like they used the tech from the FP system (as expected), so while it made you select a time, it was just the park hours for the day. They may implement some timed functionality at a later date (like for park hopping) but right now, there is no timed entry at WDW.
Thanks - info we could have all used before they opened up the park reservations, but still good to know.

I've been watching wait times at Shanghai DL (admit it, you have too)- I've rarely seen a line over an hour. Soaring is consistently the longest line, that has drifted to about 70 minutes, never over 90. Second longest has been the explorer canoes. Tron has been short every time I've looked at it - weird.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter