New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suppose I buy a ticket for a holiday week, but I have an emergency and cannot travel ... now I want to use the ticket for a low-attendance week. Is Disney going to refund me?

No refunds but Disney will allow you to pay more to switch your tickets to a higher-priced day.

How's this going to work with authorized ticket sellers?
Once you have linked your tickets to your MDX account, you’ll be able to switch dates, upgrade, etc. from within your own MDX account without needing the assistance of the seller.

From mousesavers:
“If you buy a ticket and then change your plans, you can change the start date of your ticket, or change the length, or add a feature like Park Hopper and, for the first time, you’ll be able to make the change yourself from home using the web site or the Disney World app on your phone.”

So when do we find out what the prices for particular days are? I need to know whether to buy tickets for my January trip now, or wait for the new pricing. Is it available yet?
Although it won’t be the same, looking your first date up in the existing 1 day ticket calendar night give you an idea where you land.

Unless you’re looking to purchase a package, if your date is anything but ‘vslue’ I would purchase tickets now if it were me.

Don't forget, everyone that saves a ticket for the future is costing Disney money. Those unused tickets are a liability on their books, just like your unused points are a liability with the airline (or whatever loyalty) or your unused vacation days are a liability for the company. Eliminating the option to 'save' tickets for the future, except if you've paid a premium, could be a huge savings in itself.

Many years ago, Disney allowed people to buy a 'no expiry' ticket. They were great to market to people and get their money as a bet against future price increases. Not sure how many went unused, and at what point Disney could write them off, but if I have a ticket from just before the opening of MGM for 5 days with only 2 used, those 3 days are still owed to me, even though I paid comparatively little for them. That's likely why we saw expiration dates introduced last year. It's likely why you haven't been able to buy the 'no expiry' for a long time and I'd bet this "flex" ticket will only last so long, too. These cost Disney money.

I know this has been discussed at length, but I'm too groggy to comb through 26 pages to find the specifics...

If I purchase tickets from Undercover Tourist tonight and get the e-ticket option, am I correct that my tickets will be good through the end of next year? And I won't be required to update/upgrade/pay more money in the future? We're going in late June 2019, which I'm thinking will be one of the more expensive times. But I'm good if I go ahead and purchase from UT tonight, right?

I wonder how this will affect military discounted tickets and military discounts for the resorts. Since you can't buy a military package through WDW and have to buy the tickets separate from the room reservation. Would be nice if they would offer the military rate as a package and then just show proof of service at check in like Disney Cruise line does. Right now we can only get military tickets from local military MWRs, Shades of Green, or at Guest Services. With the new way they will be doing it, not sure how they can structure the military discount based on seasonal pricing. Or if they will just be a flat rate like they are now but just increasing the price and they are good Dec-Dec.

I'm on page 10 and have a question. We are going for 2 weeks at DVC in March 2019 and again for a month from Feb. 1, 2020. Our plan is to buy Gold Annual Passes. Is that still the best plan? I wanted to wait to buy them to save the money but would it be better to buy them now before the price inevitably goes up?
Can they add more blackout dates, even after I buy the pass? I'm thinking they might want to do that when Star Wars opens.
Thanks,
Tony

I know this has been discussed at length, but I'm too groggy to comb through 26 pages to find the specifics...

If I purchase tickets from Undercover Tourist tonight and get the e-ticket option, am I correct that my tickets will be good through the end of next year? And I won't be required to update/upgrade/pay more money in the future? We're going in late June 2019, which I'm thinking will be one of the more expensive times. But I'm good if I go ahead and purchase from UT tonight, right?
Yes - you are correct. I verified the same scenario with UT today via chat.

Hi.

I have stays for January and September 2019.
My mom will have visits for January, April, September.
I am DVC so we stay at DVC resorts and never with a package.

I planned on her purchasing Platinum AP, no blackout date since the April visit is over Easter.
If she purchases now, and not activated until we arrive in January, do most think that the pass would be
"grandfathered" with the "no blackout dates". I am going to very much ask her to purchase before
the October 16 rollout.

My dd will also need a four day ticket and guess that we will get prior to October 16, since we are going in January (January 4-12).

I read through all the pages (23) from last night/tonight and is it correct that if I am not a package and have a four day ticket
and staying 8 nights, I can use the 4 nights whenever I want during that stay.

Thank you.

Hi.

Can anyone please help me with above.

Given what I said about the APs, do you think we should purchase the DVC and regular Platinum APs without expiration? The APs wont be activated until January so wondering if they will be affected by the change if they change Platinum APs to having blackout dates. If it were activated, I would say no but if I just have the paper Im just not sure. What would you guess.

The four day ticket will be purchased prior to October 16.

okay okay i am totally confused:crazy2: Can you please help me straighten this all out.

Im one of those UT ticket hoarders. And i just want to find out if my Old tickets are good to go. So here,s the plan: Thanks in advance for bearing with me. LOL

We are going to WDW October27 for the week. I have 5 day hoppers that I want to upgrade to APs. So i realize that i can still bridge them but not get as much credit as if i had done this before the change Oct 16th Right??

and my other concern is that i have a couple non expring tix that should retain their value. Theyre 6 day hoppers one that is attached to MDX. the other is not.
There are also 2 7 day hoppers that dont have an expiration date on them will they be able to be used further out than the December 2o19 expiration??
These are all the hard plastic tickets.

And what happens if i do purchase NEW UT tix with the expiration of DEc 2019 and i dont use them for whatever reason will i lose that money??:(

Sorry i know this is new to everyone but maybe someone can shed some light on this for me.:worship:

:thanks::thanks:
Liz

Would there be any reason for me to NOT just buy my park hopper tickets now from some place like undercover tourist? I have my resort booked for the end of march 2019 but just haven't bought my tickets yet. The price will obviously increase if I wait until this new system is in place. Is there anything I'm not thinking of? Should I just go and buy my tickets now?
I'm thinking the same thing. Interested to hear what you find out.

okay okay i am totally confused:crazy2: Can you please help me straighten this all out.

Im one of those UT ticket hoarders. And i just want to find out if my Old tickets are good to go. So here,s the plan: Thanks in advance for bearing with me. LOL

We are going to WDW October27 for the week. I have 5 day hoppers that I want to upgrade to APs. So i realize that i can still bridge them but not get as much credit as if i had done this before the change Oct 16th Right??

and my other concern is that i have a couple non expring tix that should retain their value. Theyre 6 day hoppers one that is attached to MDX. the other is not.
There are also 2 7 day hoppers that dont have an expiration date on them will they be able to be used further out than the December 2o19 expiration??
These are all the hard plastic tickets.

And what happens if i do purchase NEW UT tix with the expiration of DEc 2019 and i dont use them for whatever reason will i lose that money??:(

Sorry i know this is new to everyone but maybe someone can shed some light on this for me.:worship:

:thanks::thanks:
Liz
Any tickets purchased prior to October 16th do not fall under the new ticket restructuring.

Just do whatever you were planning to do with your hoarded stash. ;)

It will be interesting to see what changes they make to AP's, if any. I think it is a given with GE opening, but the amount of change is the question.

I can’t renew my pass until the end of October, so I miss it by two weeks. I am debating the merits of buying a brand new platinum pass voucher instead of renewing. What are the odds they will go up more than the 15% renewal discount? If I buy a new voucher, there’s approximately a $117 difference in price (including tax) over the current renewal rate, but it also puts me right at where I budgeted for the new pass this year. But knowing how the DL passholders were gouged with a huge increase not too long ago, I am really nervous about how high the increase could be if I wait. Anyone else in the same boat renewal wise?

I am considering buying three tickets for next year; however, if something happens and we can't make the trip, what happens? I assume they will retain their value and we will be "credited" for them if upgrading. My question is can I upgrade the three tickets to buy two APs? I am assuming no. Three tickets cannot be consolidated into two. So would I be stuck with the third ticket until someone needs another AP or a renewal?

ETA: Never mind. I found the answer in Robo's sticky. I cannot use three tickets toward two APs. I am really torn here. The future plan is to take the family next Thanksgiving but our next trip will be just the two of us in 2021 where we will get APs. If I buy three tickets now and something happens and we can't take the family, I will be stuck with one of those tickets until probably 2023. I don't know if I want that money tied up in Disney tickets that long.

Last edited:
My local AAA office wasn't even told there's a new system coming. I got my tickets today, but it does concern me that they didn't know about it the day after this kind of announcement.

I am sure the info has been communicated to AAA headquarters, but I would guess there’s a lot of secrecy regarding the details and those are only being revealed on a need to know basis. So they may be quietly updating software and testing the changes, but it may not trickle down to local offices until a day or two before, if that. The same may be true for other resellers. The executives may have full knowledge and be working on upgrades and testing but the front line employees may be a lot more limited in what they know and when they know it.

I mean, no one has seen prices yet, but those prices have to be released for software upgrades to be created and tested. Contracts with new prices, terms, and conditions have to be out there already signed because you would need them to create the software upgrades. But I am sure no reseller wants to chance losing their ability to sell Disney tickets by spilling the beans too soon (as helpful as that info might be for us here on the DIS ;)).

I have been trying to follow along but I think i have missed a few pages. How do tickets work for those staying on DVC points?

I thought I saw something about being able to modify/upgrade a ticket online? would this apply to tickets bought at a site like Undercover Tourist or only tickets purchased directly from Disney?

I saw someone ask about this but couldn't find an answer. I am going in November and was going to upgrade my 7-day tickets (bought from UCT) to 8 days when I got there. Is this going to cost more now?

I have been trying to follow along but I think i have missed a few pages. How do tickets work for those staying on DVC points?

I thought I saw something about being able to modify/upgrade a ticket online? would this apply to tickets bought at a site like Undercover Tourist or only tickets purchased directly from Disney?
Seeing how the ‘upgrade by yourself’ info came from mousesavers and UT, it’s safe to believe it applies to any linked tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter