New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting that Disney currently has 3 tiers of park pricing: value, moderate and peak (not positive about names). The video clearly shows many more pricing options so it appears the pricing may vary day to day and week to week a lot more than it does currently.

upload_2018-9-25_16-5-55.png

Last edited:
I will follow up then and ask is it possible that they are trying to fill certain times of the year by making tickets cheaper during low crowds. Possibly even cheaper than they are now to entice people to go during those low crowd times over the increased price times? Or is that just my wishful hopeful sad heart :rotfl2:
They could but I don’t see that happening.

I find it interesting that Disney currently has 3 tiers of park pricing: value, moderate and peak (not positive about names). The video clearly shows many more pricing options so it appears the pricing can vary day to day and week to week a lot more than it does currently.

View attachment 353994

And unless I’m missing something all of those prices are lower than current prices now. So I’m guessing they’re just trying to make it look good then bam those 94s will turn to 150s??

Any opinions on what is the best thing to do?

I was planning on purchasing a 6 day PH pass from UT but not before Disney releasing their Winter packages in case the Stay, Play, Dine made more sense for me to purchase. Now I'm wondering if the discount will be released before the ticket changes on Oct. 16th. If I do purchase my tickets ahead of time, I won't be able to purchase the package from Disney without having extra tickets and I don't plan on visiting again for a long time. But now I'm wondering if Disney will even have any discounts offered in the winter with all of these changes...

Thoughts?

And unless I’m missing something all of those prices are lower than current prices now. So I’m guessing they’re just trying to make it look good then bam those 94s will turn to 150s??
LOL - yes! It's hard to tell what they're going to do as I can't see them suddenly charging $150/day for each day of our tickets.

I would anticipate like it is now, the more days purchased, the lesser the price per day is.

E.g. even using the lowest priced day in the pic, the price is $81/day. I have 9 day tickets on our current reservation. If I was to take the $81 and multiply it by 9 that's a total of: $729.00. The current price of a 9 day adult ticket is $435.00. There is absolutely no way they are going to almost double the price of their longer tickets. (And if they do, I'll be priced out of Disney just as I have been priced out of Disney cruises. :( )

I guess all we can do right now is wait until Oct 16th and then take bets on how long it takes all of us to crash their system as we run our numbers! I give it less than 5 minutes from release before Stitch and Donald are everywhere!!!

I find it interesting that Disney currently has 3 tiers of park pricing: value, moderate and peak (not positive about names). The video clearly shows many more pricing options so it appears the pricing may vary day to day and week to week a lot more than it does currently.
We bought an AP because it was just so cost effective to do so but doesn't Universal have their pricing exactly like Disney is switching their to?

Any opinions on what is the best thing to do?

I was planning on purchasing a 6 day PH pass from UT but not before Disney releasing their Winter packages in case the Stay, Play, Dine made more sense for me to purchase. Now I'm wondering if the discount will be released before the ticket changes on Oct. 16th. If I do purchase my tickets ahead of time, I won't be able to purchase the package from Disney without having extra tickets and I don't plan on visiting again for a long time. But now I'm wondering if Disney will even have any discounts offered in the winter with all of these changes...

Thoughts?
Looking back over the past few years of dates (on Mousesavers), historically the package you're considering has come out this week or next. If I were you I'd wait at least until the end of next week to see if Disney releases a new offer and if they don't then it really is a leap of faith either way.

LOL - yes! It's hard to tell what they're going to do as I can't see them suddenly charging $150/day for each day of our tickets.

I would anticipate like it is now, the more days purchased, the lesser the price per day is.

E.g. even using the lowest priced day in the pic, the price is $81/day. I have 9 day tickets on our current reservation. If I was to take the $81 and multiply it by 9 that's a total of: $729.00. The current price of a 9 day adult ticket is $435.00. There is absolutely no way they are going to almost double the price of their longer tickets. (And if they do, I'll be priced out of Disney just as I have been priced out of Disney cruises. :( )

I guess all we can do right now is wait until Oct 16th and then take bets on how long it takes all of us to crash their system as we run our numbers! I give it less than 5 minutes from release before Stitch and Donald are everywhere!!!
Could it be that 1 day is cheaper and where the difference will be is in the multi day tickets?
Now, as you go up in days, after what 5? the days are really cheap to add on, right?
Well, with the new prices maybe that's no more.
Maybe the 5th, 6th, etc days are the same price as day 3, 4.
Or the drop is nowhere near as drastic as it is now.
So your new price would be more than $435 but less than $729
At least that's my best W.A.G.

I definitely saw they are still cheaper the more days you book. So we’re safe there so far. But it does make you wonder why they showed those prices. Maybe that’s for four day tickets? Which I’ve heard is the average length. That means possibly total for four day tickets will now be $324 at the lowest. I guess that would make more sense. Ugh. You’re right that site is crashing that day.

My sympathies to those with open FP that day.

We bought an AP because it was just so cost effective to do so but doesn't Universal have their pricing exactly like Disney is switching their to?
I don't have any experience with Universal so wasn't aware that was the way they do it. I can easily see Disney following suit, especially since they took the time to add it to the video. That was purposely done in my eyes.

I don't think they will go poof. I think that if they expire, the value will still exist, but you'll have to pay more to meet current prices.

But maybe I'm wrong because then what is the point of the flex option?
If I’m reading the prior post from the TA correctly it’s the LONGER of the ticket valid dates or the package stay. So, if you purchase a package with 4-day passes, they would be valid for 7 days or the length of your package, whichever is longer.

Could it be that 1 day is cheaper and where the difference will be is in the multi day tickets?
Now, as you go up in days, after what 5? the days are really cheap to add on, right?
Well, with the new prices maybe that's no more.
Maybe the 5th, 6th, etc days are the same price as day 3, 4.
Or the drop is nowhere near as drastic as it is now.
So your new price would be more than $435 but less than $729
At least that's my best W.A.G.

This is an interesting take on it. I wonder though if it will say put in your dates than the calendar will recalibrate to show prices per day over the amount of days. Going down? The prices seem odd to me either way you look at it. I just priced out my tickets for next year. If I bought them right now (which for me is an impossibility either way) would be 1600+. I definitely will be interested to see the total after this change. I just have to hope UCT or AAA will still be cheaper than direct I guess.

The video itself says prices shown do not reflect actual pricing. People should disregard all of those prices.

We have taken 2 DW vacation. Each 10 nights. 1 trip off site and 1 on site. Both had 5 day one park a day tickets. We love very full park days and lazy rest days. Next trip will be off-site or possibly rent DVC points as we desire a kitchen for our off days and lots of stocked snacks. We are thinking 5 days passes again but hopper and with water parks and more to go to the water parks on several of our non park days. Wondering how those passes will handle the time frame for off-site guests.

The video itself says prices shown do not reflect actual pricing. People should disregard all of those prices.

This was the very first thing I noticed...I cynically assumed it was Disney putting low prices on the video to trick people into thinking you'll actually be able to get an $82 ticket and make them feel better about this change.

This was the very first thing I noticed...I cynically assumed it was Disney putting low prices on the video to trick people into thinking you'll actually be able to get an $82 ticket and make them feel better about this change.

This is my wonder too. Why show those low amounts? Is it to make people feel better? Or are those prices reflecting closer to multiday tickets...

Have no idea if this is going to be more expensive or less expensive, nor have I read every comment here; but, I don't see this as being a bad thing. May it is the accountant in me, but I think it makes extremely good business sense on Disney's part. Now they can better determine just how busy parks may or may not be, and be able to staff appropriately, when it comes to offsite guests and not just on property resort package guests. I think it just helps alleviate a lot of the unknown variables. I mean, I've seen a lot of changes over the years in attendance and there has been a ton of discussion around the boards over the years at how there isn't really a slow time anymore and even the busy times are that much more. Maybe this will help alleviate some of that and make ours trips more enjoyable. I'll be keeping an open mind until it is all said and down and the history is there to judge by. (Fast pass plus anyone?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter