New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished the webinar. There was a lot of emphasis on packages to get the most flexibility on your tickets.

in other words, your ticket is good for the number of days plus 2, 3 or 4 more days based on length. BUT if you stay onsite and your tickets are part of a package, they are good for your length of stay regardless of how many tickets you purchase. So, you could buy a 3 day ticket and stay 14 days and you can use your tickets any three days within the 14.

They emphasized that this was the case if you purchase a package. while they did not address staying onsite but purchasing tickets elsewhere, the way they kept saying "package" leads me to believe that this is only a perk for packages.

Thanks! We are happy to buy a package trip and pretty much plan to stay that way with this. :)

I am a TA and I do not have this information nor have I been told that anything is confidential.
Possible only those who own the resell sites have it so far, the way I took it Hiro said it was that those TA who have it not so much meaning that ALL have it. I think all the reseller sites are also TA

I am a TA and I do not have this information nor have I been told that anything is confidential.
Thank! Mods were receiving news of the impending restructuring but without exact details. As soon as it hit the Parks Blog, more details than what the Blog article implied are being posted on other sites.

It will be interesting to see what changes they make to AP's, if any. I think it is a given with GE opening, but the amount of change is the question.

I just finished the webinar. There was a lot of emphasis on packages to get the most flexibility on your tickets.

in other words, your ticket is good for the number of days plus 2, 3 or 4 more days based on length. BUT if you stay onsite and your tickets are part of a package, they are good for your length of stay regardless of how many tickets you purchase. So, you could buy a 3 day ticket and stay 14 days and you can use your tickets any three days within the 14.

They emphasized that this was the case if you purchase a package. while they did not address staying onsite but purchasing tickets elsewhere, the way they kept saying "package" leads me to believe that this is only a perk for packages.

I haven't really had the time to read any DVC pages yet, but I hope they roll DVC members staying on points into this like they did for the parking fees. Otherwise, this is highly unfair to DVC members who never buy "packages".

I do find it interesting that so many just jumped to the conclusion that Disney was going to follow the airline model of dynamic pricing, thinking the worse, rather than waiting to find out. Taking the worse and running with it. Sometimes that gets as old as those who think that Disney never does wrong. Disney does wrong, often. But on the other hand, not everything they do is evil.

I wasn't thinking "the worst" and I didn't call them an evil empire or anything like that. To me, it seems like a logical step.

But hey, I can remember when no one ever thought you'd pay for FP or that people in Deluxe would get a FP advantage and hey ho what do we have now? Exactly the things that people said would NEVER happen.

Mostly, though, I don't understand why folks on this board can't have opinions without other members judging those opinions or questions. I think that's the worst, personally. And it gets old, too.

If we could all just let people think what they want, share what they want, and say what they want (as long as it doesn't violate TOS) without judging their intentions and motives, that would be wonderful.

For next Sept we have a trip planned to stay offsite thru our timeshare but are planning to arrive early and stay on site for 3 nights. If we book a package with more days of tickets than our stay, will we be able to use those tickets for dates in the following week , don't want to have to do consecutive park days, we like to spread them out thru the week?

Someone previously mentioned the MouseSavers article, so I went to read it, and it is very helpful. Not every question is answered, but very good explanations. One question I had previously asked is if the entire ticket price would be based on the first date selected. Many say “Yes.” However, that didn’t seem right because everyone would just choose the lowest day. Here is what MouseSavers is thinking, and I lean more in this direction (https://www.mousesavers.com/disney-ticket-changes-coming-october-2018/) : Disney has not officially announced how the per-day price is calculated, but reading between the lines, we believe it will be based on averaging the per-day cost (i.e. the current 1-day ticket price) of all of the validdays and applying a multi-day discount

In other words, I think it’s gonna be complicated.

I do find it interesting that so many just jumped to the conclusion that Disney was going to follow the airline model of dynamic pricing, thinking the worse, rather than waiting to find out. Taking the worse and running with it. Sometimes that gets as old as those who think that Disney never does wrong. Disney does wrong, often. But on the other hand, not everything they do is evil.

However, Angi, dynamic pricing is in effect in Shanghai with Premier Access FPs and you have to select your ticket dates in advance, if memory serves me correctly. Not apples to apples, but I do think we will see dynamic pricing in the near future, unless something like another recession hits. Disney crowds aren’t going away any time soon and will likely only increase with all the new attractions.

Ditto here. In this day and age, I'm pretty sure they know that once the information is released (TA site or otherwise) it will be plastered all over social media in 2.5 seconds.

My 2 cents is they obviously know what the new pricing structure is and any decision on the timing of when to release that info will be very deliberate. Are there some scenarios that they haven't considered that they'll need to back peddle on? Most likely. Will the change frustrate people? Most definitely? Will the new ticket structure have a big impact on guests? My feeling is for the majority, no, but for some most definitely. It's all a wait and see at this point. Should be an interesting few weeks!

This is an interesting line from Mousesavers (https://www.mousesavers.com/disney-ticket-changes-coming-october-2018/) on flexible tickets:

"That means that flexible-date tickets will be more expensive than seasonal-priced tickets for any dates you might choose."

I wonder if they have inside info? On the basis of Disney's "informational" video, a lot of people here discussed buying value tickets and adding the $50/ticket "flexible option". The video does clearly state the pricing shown is not actual pricing. Maybe it's going to be much more than $50/ticket?

It could be that flexible tickets are a lot more expensive than even the highest priced peak tickets?

I suspect the increased price of a flexible multi-day ticket over a multi-day ticket today will be on the order of multi-day ticket price increases of the past.

e.g. The price of a 5 day ticket purchased today costs $X more than a 5 day ticket purchased in 2017. The price of a flexible 5 day ticket purchased Oct 16 or later will cost pretty close to $X more than a 5 day ticket purchased today.

So are we sure all ticket prices are increasing even the cheapest day of the year according to their new calendar will be more than the cheapest ticket now?? Or are we assuming??

It will be interesting to see what changes they make to AP's, if any. I think it is a given with GE opening, but the amount of change is the question.
I think they'll make some changes but I can't see them eliminating all AP without blackout days

I haven't really had the time to read any DVC pages yet, but I hope they roll DVC members staying on points into this like they did for the parking fees. Otherwise, this is highly unfair to DVC members who never buy "packages".
I do not believe they are going to punish those who don't buy packages but I can see them possibly doing something different for those who don't purchase their tickets from Disney directly.
I wonder too, what percentage of DVC don't buy the DVC AP? Do you feel it's high? I sort of assumed (always bad I know) most did

Ditto here. In this day and age, I'm pretty sure they know that once the information is released (TA site or otherwise) it will be plastered all over social media in 2.5 seconds.

My 2 cents is they obviously know what the new pricing structure is and any decision on the timing of when to release that info will be very deliberate. Are there some scenarios that they haven't considered that they'll need to back peddle on? Most likely. Will the change frustrate people? Most definitely? Will the new ticket structure have a big impact on guests? My feeling is for the majority, no, but for some most definitely. It's all a wait and see at this point. Should be an interesting few weeks!

People hate change. Even when the change ends up being to their benefit in the long run, they hate change. Not saying this is going to benefit anyone, I don't think it will benefit many. Just saying, people hate change

So are we sure all ticket prices are increasing even the cheapest day of the year according to their new calendar will be more than the cheapest ticket now?? Or are we assuming??
No, not certain that every single scenario will increase. Majority will.

I think they'll make some changes but I can't see them eliminating all AP without blackout days

I do not believe they are going to punish those who don't buy packages but I can see them possibly doing something different for those who don't purchase their tickets from Disney directly.
I wonder too, what percentage of DVC don't buy the DVC AP? Do you feel it's high? I sort of assumed (always bad I know) most did

People hate change. Even when the change ends up being to their benefit in the long run, they hate change. Not saying this is going to benefit anyone, I don't think it will benefit many. Just saying, people hate change

No, not certain that every single scenario will increase. Majority will.

Truth! Majority of people not only hate change, they love to complain about it. Great combination. :tongue:

I am Canadian also and am pretty sure that the prices of the tickets currently being offered will go up if (as anticipated) the price of other tickets go up.

I believe our offer will be the same as the rest in that an 'x' day ticket will cost $. If we want the option to start using those tickets on a date that is not yet determined we will probably pay the price plus the new fee.

I believe our offer will mirror what Disney is offering their US customers, just with the discounted price of the tickets. (LOL - which is still far from 'discounted' when you pay with our weaker dollar!)

Your logic makes sense to me. Currently, when look at the Cdn deal, it's basically 17% off the US price. Looks like I'll be buying my tickets this weekend for next March.

Hi.

I have stays for January and September 2019.
My mom will have visits for January, April, September.
I am DVC so we stay at DVC resorts and never with a package.

I planned on her purchasing Platinum AP, no blackout date since the April visit is over Easter.
If she purchases now, and not activated until we arrive in January, do most think that the pass would be
"grandfathered" with the "no blackout dates". I am going to very much ask her to purchase before
the October 16 rollout.

My dd will also need a four day ticket and guess that we will get prior to October 16, since we are going in January (January 4-12).

I read through all the pages (23) from last night/tonight and is it correct that if I am not a package and have a four day ticket
and staying 8 nights, I can use the 4 nights whenever I want during that stay.

Thank you.

Assuming at this time but that would make the most sense to roll out a price increase with the new system.

I will follow up then and ask is it possible that they are trying to fill certain times of the year by making tickets cheaper during low crowds. Possibly even cheaper than they are now to entice people to go during those low crowd times over the increased price times? Or is that just my wishful hopeful sad heart :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter