News Round Up 2016

@danikoski - If by "some love" you mean "duct tape on the floor" apparently they are...:confused:
That is just wrong...that is like local carnival level of care, not up to Disney standards... although there are times I wonder if corporate Disney remembers they are supposed to have higher standards :sad2:

I wonder if corporate Disney remembers they are supposed to have higher standards :sad2:
The answer from corporate Disney is No, and they have no expectation of higher standards. Only shareholder value.
It is up to Park Operations and Division leads to show that through higher standards they can build shareholder value and return. I'd say they are not succeeding at that.

MVMCP started November 8th in 2011. No x-mas lights were up during our trip which ended almost at the end of September in 2011.

Weren't up? Or weren't lit? I only ask because they were on the castle when we were there last October, but never lit. I only know that because I saw people talking about it on here, I wouldn't have noticed the lights by looking at the castle.

Even here where I work, we have a holiday display and they have already started putting the lights up. When you have that many lights, you have to get started early!

The last couple years they have done some castle refurb work before they put the lights up. So they might as well just put the lights up while they have the crane there.
That makes sense especially given peope's comments towards seeing the dreaded crane. That's why my earlier comment I said I didn't know what they had been doing in the years since I had last been there.

They weren't up on my last day on 9/24/2011. The article you posted though just said the crane was onsite to begin the installation.

Yes. The lights start going up in Sept every year. It takes weeks for them to install all the lights. They don't start turning them on until after Halloween. Which is why the crane is present Sept and Oct.

Same routine every year. It varies by a week or two. Never more.

Yes. The lights start going up in Sept every year. It takes weeks for them to install all the lights. They don't start turning them on until after Halloween. Which is why the crane is present Sept and Oct.

Same routine every year. It varies by a week or two. Never more.
Yeah that I can agree with. Just saying that when I was there back then they weren't up at all..no installation yet as you can see by my pics. That's why I said early on didn't know how they were doing it in the years since.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter