News Round Up 2017

Here's a question though - How would everyone feel if they replaced the Illuminations globe with a projection globe? Because that would be my guess as to where we're going to see it next.
So you are saying a giant ball in the middle that is projected onto? If so, I wouldn't mind that. It could be easier to see and they could change up the scenes on the globe more often.

Here's a question though - How would everyone feel if they replaced the Illuminations globe with a projection globe? Because that would be my guess as to where we're going to see it next.

So you are saying a giant ball in the middle that is projected onto? If so, I wouldn't mind that. It could be easier to see and they could change up the scenes on the globe more often.

I agree - I think it could be a lot better than what they have now while still keeping the same feel and uniqueness of the show

I think if/when they redo Illuminations there will be a lot of new technology in it (which fits the park) - probably projections but I know rumors of drones, etc. too

So, I'm sure this isn't going to happen, but does anyone think Disney could relocate Star Tours and make it an "optional entrance" into the land with this announcement? I think that would be pretty awesome if they did that. :D

So, I'm sure this isn't going to happen, but does anyone think Disney could relocate Star Tours and make it an "optional entrance" into the land with this announcement? I think that would be pretty awesome if they did that. :D
I just don’t see how they could do that with how everything is being built.

Sure would be nice, but no. I'm just hoping they keep it up and running after GE opens. They really need more than 2 things for all the Star Wars people to do, even if one of them is 20+ years old.

It could have made for an interesting way to control access to GE. Instead of waiting in a huge long line to get in like when Pandora first opened (And I think will be a much bigger problem and for much longer when GE opens), you could instead queue up for Star Tours which then lets out into GE.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. Mixing in the projections into the fireworks at MK - and to an extent for the Star Wars show at DHS which isn't an ideal situation for either the projections or the fireworks - works wonderfully. It's really the pure projection show that I'm complaining about. And complain is probably overstating it, just a point of that it becomes less special. (Insert Syndrome meme as you desire.)

See, I enjoy the fireworks WAAAYYY more than the projections.

I don't think I would like just projections, with the exception being the Tree of Life projections. There is something about those that I love as they are not all IP based - most not at all and they are so touching and dare I say heartwarming.

Jingle Bell Jingle Bam, well, we didn't even go to see since it was essentially a 15 minute or so projection show with a few scant fireworks thrown in. It seems enough people commented on that as more pyro was added in. We might go see that now this December.

For me, the most ideal mix of projections and fireworks is the new MK HEA show. That show is absolutely fantastic, and I marvel at the clarity and brightness of these new 'state-of-the-art' projection systems. I prefer that one to Wishes (heresy to some people that I suggest that but oh well), as it is a powerhouse fireworks display. And the use of the projections with the localized fireworks and other effects is phenomenal. I love projections more when they are used in conjunction with fireworks.

Last edited:
I don't think I would like just projections, with the exception being the Tree of Life projections. There is something about those that I love as they are not all IP based - most not at all and they are so touching and dare I say heartwarming.

Jingle Bell Jingle Bam, well, we didn't even go to see since it was essentially a 15 minute or so projection show with a few scant fireworks thrown in. It seems enough people commented on that as more pyro was added in. We might go see that now this December.

For me, the most ideal mix of projections and fireworks is the new MK HEA show. That show is absolutely fantastic, and I marvel at the clarity and brightness of these new 'state-of-the-art' projection systems. I prefer that one to Wishes (heresy to some people that I suggest that but oh well), as it is a powerhouse fireworks display. And the use of the projections with the localized fireworks and other effects is phenomenal. I love projections more when they are used in conjunction with fireworks.

I think in the case of the Hogwarts projection show, it's great as is, doesn't really need any pyro taking away from the show. I think it's perfect for what it is, and with the very notable theme music running through and with a solid but simple finale, it works quite well. I like it even based on just a youtube video, it must be incredible in person. I did like the projections and the pyro for Happily Ever After but I felt like it was hard to take in both elements at once.

I think in the case of the Hogwarts projection show, it's great as is, doesn't really need any pyro taking away from the show. I think it's perfect for what it is, and with the very notable theme music running through and with a solid but simple finale, it works quite well. I like it even based on just a youtube video, it must be incredible in person. I did like the projections and the pyro for Happily Ever After but I felt like it was hard to take in both elements at once.

I agree but I would rather have the "finale" moved to when Fred/George redecorate the castle. Maybe try to develop a few flying pig pryros. The ending burst is a bit to cliche'

Civil engineering ;)

Thought you were bringing us some "learned" terms there. Hey, you pay for it, use it! :thumbsup2 That schooling could pay dividends on here as we go forward.

Question that you might know, does Disney use interns at all when they build something this big or do they leave that for the companies that they sub contract each specific job too? Thinking you would be great for a summer internship on something like Galaxies Edge....

I was thinking that would be the case when they first announced the new land, but that is not where they have built Galaxy's Edge, so I think that (space)ship has sailed

Thought you were bringing us some "learned" terms there. Hey, you pay for it, use it! :thumbsup2 That schooling could pay dividends on here as we go forward.

Question that you might know, does Disney use interns at all when they build something this big or do they leave that for the companies that they sub contract each specific job too? Thinking you would be great for a summer internship on something like Galaxies Edge....
Well Disney contracts out the construction so it depends on whether or not those contracted companies use interns or not. I know many companies around me do. I did have a phone interview of sorts with a company in Florida but they focus more on landscape engineering than civil.

Well Disney contracts out the construction so it depends on whether or not those contracted companies use interns or not. I know many companies around me do. I did have a phone interview of sorts with a company in Florida but they focus more on landscape engineering than civil.

i assume part of your interview was "um, don't you know who I am? I'm Rteets?!??! of the DIS??!?!?! ... man, your company isn't worth my time!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter