News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can’t they just check id’s? No way am I ever letting a theme park scan my face. Fingerprint is bad enough.
Not sure how you'd stop them. Unfortunately facial recognition is going to be a fact of life. I'm in a loaner car this week and after every drive it says "Driver not recognized, please create a profile." In my cars I immediately disconnect the phone home antennas, don't need a car company watching everything I do.

But back to Disney, most parks take your picture when you activate a season pass and the employee checks it when you scan in. Depending on how they store the data this isn't much different.

It’s not that bad. If you’re standing in the center of showcase plaza, they only obscure Italy, America, and Japan.
Yeah, they only obscure the main focal point when walking into the WS, likewise from America looking back.

I never got excited about the other site line discussions, but having seen these in person, they are really bad. I'll admit, I'm not excited, at all, for the theme of the show either, so that could be biasing me.

Yeah, they only obscure the main focal point when walking into the WS, likewise from America looking back.

I never got excited about the other site line discussions, but having seen these in person, they are really bad. I'll admit, I'm not excited, at all, for the theme of the show either, so that could be biasing me.

To me, it's almost akin to putting wind turbines right off a beach. I know the purpose, but it becomes more of a focal point than the ocean itself.

Based on what I’ve seen discussed elsewhere, I think it’s because of how large they are and also how many there are - it would cause WS traffic issues having the drawbridge up for so long. I just hope they at least end up partially submerged but I’m not counting on it.
I was pretty sure somewhere in one of these threads someone with more inside knowledge had said that the bottom portion/frame would be submerged once all the testing/set up was finished. I don't recall exactly where I saw that, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter