• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nic and Summer's PJ - 08/01/09; Change in Plans

Mocharilla

DIS Veteran
Alrighty, here goes!

Bride: Summer (That's me!)
Groom: Nicolas, or Nic

Summer:
I'm a huge Disney nut, obviously. But, aside from that my passions include my piccolo (played all through HS in the Marching Band and Symphony) and musicals. My favorites are Rent and Wicked, but I love so many! My favorite Disney park is Epcot. I'm Irish, and I went there with my daddy last summer. I've also been to Israel, Switzerland, England, and Wales, and, of course, Canada!

Nic:
He loves Disney, just not quite so much. Haha. He's a trombone player. He's Canadian. He's actually Acadian, and his first language is French. He's been to France (lucky bum!), and was born and raised in New Brunswick. He loves video games, especially Guitar Hero! He's also a huge hockey and college football fan.

Here's us:
DSC01514.jpg

How we met:
I was dating another Nick, who happened to be friends with my Nic, and Nick threw a party, and Nic and I got to be friends. A few weeks later, Nick and I broke up. We were all 3 in marching band, so I got closer to Nic during band stuff. Then, I found out his best friend was this guy, Nate, who I was friends with. So, we all started hanging out (Nic, Nate, Nicole (my best friend), and I). So, the summer before my senior year, Nic and I had a little fling, but he left to stay with his dad for 6 weeks in Canada (he's Canadian, and his Dad still lives there). But, when he got back, we decided to actually start dating. And, now Nicole and Nate are dating, so we have a great group for double dating. Haha.

As far as attendants:

MOH - Nicole
BM - Beth (Nic's brother's fiance)

BM - Sebastien (Nic's brother)
GM - Nate

Here's us with my MOH.
DSC01594.jpg

At home wedding details:
Ceremony - Michigan State University Alumni Chapel
Reception - Michigan State University Union - Ballroom
Date - August 1st, 2009

Our colors will be light blue and brown. I'd always thought I'd do pink and brown, but after having a boy, and having all the blue/brown clothes, I decided to change!

Speaking of having a boy, I should probably point out that we have a little boy. He'll be a year and a half at the time of the wedding. He'll be our ring bearer. My cousin, Rubi, will be our flower girl. She is about a month older than our DS.

As far as a proposal story, my DF proposed when we were at Disney in August 2008. After dinner with everyone at Chef Mickey's, he and I headed over to the Poly while everyone else went back to Pop. We went out on the beach for Wishes, and found some chairs and set down our shoes and bag and went down to the waterfront. A few minutes before Wishes started, he got down on one knee, and told me he's always known he wanted to be with me, and he wanted to make it official. He asked me to marry him, and I, of course, said yes. (Duh) Then, we watched the fireworks :)

We will, of course, be having a Disneymoon. Our plan for that is:
08/02 - 08/07 or 08/08
Polynesian Resort
Deluxe Dining Plan

You can see all our info on that over on our Honeymoon PTR.

Welcome Summer!

It's very exciting to plan a party at WDW! I can't wait to hear more! popcorn::

party:

Hooray for 2010!! We're hoping for the summer of '10, so I'm super excited to read about your ideas and plans! :woohoo:

Alright, here's some ideas of mine.

I love love LOVE Alfred Angelo, if you can't tell.

Wedding Dresses:
Any colors will be Robin's Egg Blue, which is the blue on the first picture. I'm thinking the third, especially since I found it for only $500! I have a shop near me that carries AA (lucky me! :) ), so I'm thinking about going and trying it on there.
1516-600.jpg

1612-600.jpg

6ce28ccc-04df-47e2-a314-bccf57d3ced.jpg

demetrios936.jpg

jasminecollectionc579.jpg

Accessories:
I love the ribbon on the veil edging.
5fd5_3.jpg

I'm definitely doing a tiara. Just haven't found the one yet. I do LOVE Amanda's though. But, here's another idea.
hairuppicture.jpg

Bridesmaid Dresses:
These would be brown with a light blue accent
6454-600.jpg

6547-600.jpg

billlevkoff.jpg

bridesmaid.jpg

welcome and congratulations!!! I hope you get your disney proposal.
Everything sounds great so far. I love your colors. I'm doing pink and brown but I've never seen blue and brown. It's really nice Your baby is just gorgeous!

Our colors will be light blue and brown. I'd always thought I'd do pink and brown, but after having a boy, and having all the blue/brown clothes, I decided to change!

Speaking of having a boy, I should probably point out that we have a little boy. He's 7 months old now (as of yesterday).

I can't wait to hear all your plans, especially since we're both planning weddings with kids! I have a three year old boy and then 1 year old twins (boy and girl)... Congrats on your son and I hope you have an awesome time planning!

welcome and congratulations!!! I hope you get your disney proposal.
Everything sounds great so far. I love your colors. I'm doing pink and brown but I've never seen blue and brown. It's really nice Your baby is just gorgeous!

Thanks :) I hope so too! I love blue and brown, so I totally had to do it. Thank you! We agree! :rotfl2:

I can't wait to hear all your plans, especially since we're both planning weddings with kids! I have a three year old boy and then 1 year old twins (boy and girl)... Congrats on your son and I hope you have an awesome time planning!

That's awesome! Wow, twins! Sounds pretty crazy. :scared1: Thank you :) I definatly will! I've been planning it already for about a year, so I've definatly got most things picked out/decided on. Now it's just buying everything, which is the best! :love:

Hi Summer!!! I look forward to reading more :)!!!!!!! love the chocolate brown and blue!!!!!!

I want more pics of the baby! ::yes::

Haha. Of course you would. I can't wait to see pictures of your baby!!

As asked for:

He did this to his own hair, by pulling on it:
DSC01752.jpg

DSC01204.jpg

DSC01128.jpg

DSC00918.jpg

DSC00913.jpg

Here's a link to his photobucket, with even more, for anyone who wants to see them.
http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee150/jacquesclovis/

Hi Summer!!! I look forward to reading more :)!!!!!!! love the chocolate brown and blue!!!!!!

I LOVE the second BM dress. It is super cute!!!!!

I'm definatly wanting to do that one most. Only, with a blue sash. Or reverse. But, I was thinking if I do my dress with the blue, then they could just have the brown. Haha, we'll see. That or this one I saw at Deb yesterday.

2716404fullSMR08RTWFullSize.jpg

Oh, your son is soooo cute! :love: THe gowns you are considering are gorgeous. That shade of blue is so pretty. Looking forward to hearing more about your planning!

Great to see you on these boards and looking forward to more Disney wedding stuff. I love the AA gowns and almost purchased the one you are interested in in white and claret - but ending up going with an all white one.

I really love that tiara you have in your post. Would you mind letting me know where you found it and who the designer is.

Also, can't end this post without saying just how cute your son is. Love the blond hair and blue eyes.

Looking forward to reading more.

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter